ADVERTISEMENT

Think about next years team if....

hexumhawk

HB Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
Gabe would have used that redshirt. I know it is hindsight type deal but Gabe would have been a beast next year in the B1G. Really too bad we had to use him right away; I understand the philosophy but he could be the difference next year of about 4-7 wins imo.

Originally posted by hexumhawk:

Gabe would have used that redshirt. I know it is hindsight type deal but Gabe would have been a beast next year in the B1G. Really too bad we had to use him right away; I understand the philosophy but he could be the difference next year of about 4-7 wins imo.
I fran wanted to win right away and that meant putting Gabe in. I can't remember who was our center Gabe's first year behind Woodie? I know we had McCabe, who else would of played the 5 spot?

I think you will see Fran pull a JUCO or a get another Freshman to come in. I am not all that worried about our center spot. Woodie can play 25-30min a game if needed. If we have to go small ball, we do it. I mean some of these teams in the tournament didn't even play with a true center. Some of these teams played with 4 guards and a forward. So it can be done if needed, but our shooting as to improve.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

I fran wanted to win right away and that meant putting Gabe in. I can't remember who was our center Gabe's first year behind Woodie? I know we had McCabe, who else would of played the 5 spot?

I think you will see Fran pull a JUCO or a get another Freshman to come in. I am not all that worried about our center spot. Woodie can play 25-30min a game if needed. If we have to go small ball, we do it. I mean some of these teams in the tournament didn't even play with a true center. Some of these teams played with 4 guards and a forward. So it can be done if needed, but our shooting as to improve.
Brom/Arch

Originally posted by hawkguy77:

Brom/Arch
Damn you!!!----------I had completely blocked the Brom/Arch two headed beast out of my mind .......until you brought it back up! lol

Originally posted by hawkguy77:

Brom/Arch
Which is why Gabe didn't redshirt. Put those 3 together and you might have a composite Erik Hansen. Without and you have Antonio Ramos.

Brommer hurt one of his knees before the season began, so in my opinion that ruled out Gabe RS'ing, with a Healthy Brommer, Gabe just might have RS'd,

oh well it is what it is. and I agree Fran will get a center to fill out this class,

Come on guys nothing is as bad as this. Still can't believe this guy was supposedly Lick's best recruit. YIKES

WOW

DavenportHawk8 posted on 3/24/2015...

Come on guys nothing is as bad as this. Still can't believe this guy was supposedly Lick's best recruit. YIKES

___________________________________________________________________________________________
That's funny

Unfortunately, it seemed as though Archie had some serious attitude problems and butted heads with Coach McCaffery from the very beginning.

Link: WOW[/URL]
Marbles reaction to that is priceless. You can just see her is mumbling "WTF!" To himself haha.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I suppose we could look at it that way. I'm just thinking how nice it is to have players we wish we could keep on the team.
smile.r191677.gif
And that most are leaving after four years, not one or two.

Hoiberg and the clowns would have ran Brom Arch off the team. Fran was not allowed to Crean and that slowed the rebuild but Fran got it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT