ADVERTISEMENT

Third Dog?

ELCHawk

HR All-American
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2019
Anyone here have more than 2 dogs? How is it going? We currently have a 4 year old 100 lb female Chocolate lab and a 3 year old 54 lb female lab/pitbull mix we adopted. Both great dogs. But I also want to adopt a small dog. I grew up with a wiener dog and I am looking for one again to adopt. My wife (no pics but Google Lily Aldridge) and I have zero kids. So how is your house with more than 2 dogs? Recommend it? Regret it?

Last edited:
Anyone here have more than 2 dogs? How is it going? We currently have a 4 year old 100 lb female Chocolate lab and a 3 year old 54 lb female lab/pitbull mux we adopted. Both great dogs. But I also want to adopt a small dog. I grew up with a wiener dog and I am looking for one again to adopt. My wife (no pics but Google Lily Aldridge) and I have zero kids. So how is your house with more than 2 dogs? Recommend it? Regret it?
I have two dogs and couldn’t imagine getting another. Granted, mine are just a year old and the other is 8 months, and they’re both high energy labs so my opinion might be different than others.

Reactions: ELCHawk
We have two dogs now (both rescues about 6 years old) but we had 3 dogs for a few years until our original older dog died. 3 dogs was a lot, all inside and not as convenient to walk. I wasn't a huge fan of 3 but my wife (no pics) liked it and still talks about getting a third. So in other words we will have 3 again soon.

Reactions: ELCHawk
I have two dogs and couldn’t imagine getting another. Granted, mine are just a year old and the other is 8 months, and they’re both high energy labs so my opinion might be different than others.
A year old and an 8 month old labs. Holy crap dude! How do you rest?

Reactions: HugeEddie
Recently acquired a 3rd dog. Could be the fact it’s a puppy - but it’s a grind from our routines.

Recently acquired a 3rd dog. Could be the fact it’s a puppy - but it’s a grind from our routines.
Our 4 year old was a terrible puppy. She is good now, but I never want a puppy again. Our second dog was a rescue and I am only going to rescue again I believe.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
if you let the dogs sleep in the bed - it’s also another body

Until 4 months ago we had a 5 year old lab, a 3 year old German Shepherd and an 11 year old dachshund. Our dachshund sadly passed away but other than the 2 bigger dogs sometimes running our dachshund over we didn't have any issues.

Got a 12-year-old crippled chiweenie with a heart problem and a 9 week old labradoodle. Our third dog - a three-year-old hound mix - actually belongs to our neighbors but he spends a good chunk of time at our house.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Got a 12-year-old crippled chiweenie with a heart problem and a 9 week old labradoodle. Our third dog - a three-year-old hound mix - actually belongs to our neighbors but he spends a good chunk of time at our house.
Sounds like my place. We have two dogs but usually have 3 or 4 neighbor dogs hanging out. We have an in ground fence we use so they always come over to our place. Often standing on the deck waiting for our dogs to come out and play.

Sounds like my place. We have two dogs but usually have 3 or 4 neighbor dogs hanging out. We have an in ground fence we use so they always come over to our place. Often standing on the deck waiting for our dogs to come out and play.

That sounds like my sons friends. Kind of funny.

When I see a person with three dogs, I 100% know their house smells disgusting and is a disaster inside.
Hey!.....I got three dogs and......well.... ya, you're right.

I damn near filed for divorce a couple months ago because my wife brought home a third ****ing dog.

Having three dogs puts you squarely in the 'white trash' zone.

Reactions: Pinehawk
One dog is one too many. Dog owners are the worst ask any landlord…
Ask any landlord or carpet cleaner and they will tell you cat owners are the worst. Every cat owner claims that their cat only goes in the litter box, but pull up the carpet and you will know the truth. Lots of times it is not just the carpet and pad that has to be replaced but have to cut out a section of the plywood floor.
Carpet cleaners will tell you it is very tough to get that ammonia smell out of the carpet and pad.
In 35 years of real estate investment, I always dread having cat owners in properties I own.

We have a miniature goldendoodle we purchased from Indiana. I told my partner that at least every other dog we have is a shelter dog, preferably a senior dog who needs a home to feel loved in for their last years. I’d prefer shelter dogs myself.

We have a miniature goldendoodle we purchased from Indiana. I told my partner that at least every other dog we have is a shelter dog, preferably a senior dog who needs a home to feel loved in for their last years. I’d prefer shelter dogs myself.
We have two miniature golden doodles and I don’t think I would ever get something different. Loyal, friendly, smart, and no shedding.

My wife had a dog when we met, little poodle. I have a border collie. We took her sisters golden retriever because he was "so bad". He ended up being the best dog ever. Just needed someone to actually take care of him and give him attention. Said goodbye to him in March.

With that said, I think it depends on the types of dogs. The poodle didn't really need much exercise and was pretty much a glorified stuffed animal. The other two obviously required a lot more work. So I would say a third dog is no big deal if one is older or doesn't need the exercise, but taking 3 on a walk is a nightmare.

Ask any landlord or carpet cleaner and they will tell you cat owners are the worst. Every cat owner claims that their cat only goes in the litter box, but pull up the carpet and you will know the truth. Lots of times it is not just the carpet and pad that has to be replaced but have to cut out a section of the plywood floor.
Carpet cleaners will tell you it is very tough to get that ammonia smell out of the carpet and pad.
In 35 years of real estate investment, I always dread having cat owners in properties I own.
True but cats don’t bark non stop…

The poodle didn't really need much exercise and was pretty much a glorified stuffed animal.
My dogs say hello:

fGFzN36.jpg

fU7HsnC.jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 dogs, and I don't regret it at all. I love dogs very much, especially big ones. I love Labradors. My first dog is a Labrador that I bought, the next 2 are adopted, and they are also Labradors. I am very glad that they understand each other very well. I feel very proud when I go out with all 3 evenings for a walk. Plus, all 3 are service dogs, and for each of them, thanks to some online forums, I obtained many benefits, such as a service dog training certification which is quite important for a service dog. So, I encourage you to have a 3rd dog; you won't regret it.I have never had more than 2 dogs. It always seemed to me that I could not cope, and besides, time would be running out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT