ADVERTISEMENT

Third Party?

kn288

HR All-State
Apr 13, 2010
With Republicans shifting more and more right and Democrats countering with their own movement left, now is the time for a third political party. What would that look like? Would lifelong die hard D's and R's actually vote for the person rather than the party? What would the new party be named? It's time for HROT to come together and save the nation.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
What would it look like?
Usa Shrug GIF by Hillary Clinton

Reactions: hawkdave007

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
If they succeed, we will have the far right position of "let's cut SS and Medicare" the forward position of "aw shucks guess we have to cut SS and Medicare" and the far left position of "they're making us (wink wink) cut SS and Medicare."

Republicans haven't shifted more and more right. That's only the appearance for those who have shifted more and more left. Republicans have always been warmongers, and the morality police. They've actually gravitated left on spending and quite a few social issues, and even some deficit spending (other than defense spending).

We need less federal government, and more fiscal responsibility. That's where libertarianism works.

Well we have the Republican Party which is currently a battle between center-right neocons and RW populists.

Then you have the Democratic Party which is controlled by Center Left corporatists who like to make noises that make people think they are far left.

I’d like to see a Leftist Populist Party, but I doubt that will gain traction. If that ideology were to start to take hold in the Democratic Party, you might see a third party of Corporatist Centrists consolidating power from the failed Republican neocons and some of the purple state Center-left Democrats. Sort of a rebranding of the ruling class we have always had in recent history.

I don't think that's possible with the Boomers, they bleed either blue or red.

Perhaps with the younger voters it's something that could be developed.

Yes and no. I've seen some change. Those are the people that still have an active and inquisitive mind.

In regards to young voters.....we need to get them involved and not have the feeling that "my vote won't matter"
We need an RFK revolution for them.

"Gallup. On December 17, 2020, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats, 25% identified as Republican, and 41% as Independent."

A third party is definitely needed.

Reactions: kn288
Republicans haven't shifted more and more right. That's only the appearance for those who have shifted more and more left. Republicans have always been warmongers, and the morality police. They've actually gravitated left on spending and quite a few social issues, and even some deficit spending (other than defense spending).

We need less federal government, and more fiscal responsibility. That's where libertarianism works.
Matt Gaetz controls the House. That’s all I have to say about that.

Reactions: cigaretteman
With Republicans shifting more and more right and Democrats countering with their own movement left, now is the time for a third political party. What would that look like? Would lifelong die hard D's and R's actually vote for the person rather than the party? What would the new party be named? It's time for HROT to come together and save the nation.

"and Democrats countering with their own movement left"

When did this happen? Democrats, for the last 31 years, have been a center-right, republican lite, party. If you have a problem with our politics it's probably because your choices are insane republican and republican calling him or herself a democrat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT