ADVERTISEMENT

This board is going to Hell.

Originally posted by WinMac:

Originally posted by Hawkness Monster:

Ah Hounded, you're not in that camp too, are you? This is the same thread as always. Responses from whack-jobs, your same old responses. Same stuff.

Agreed, its the same old stuff. I think most rational people just roll their eyes at Hounded's stuff and don't respond anymore. The others are just baiting him for entertainment purposes.
Well, if admin monster and people like you merely think it's the same old stuff, and you're blind to what I'm thinking, that is, this board has become so hopelessly unbalanced, then it's probably prudent for me to reassess the value of posting here.

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:

Originally posted by DianaMoonGlampers:
I think I saw this play out once before. I think at the end the Hounded character finally accepted that there was going to be a dance. His daughter even attended. Too bad a perfectly good tractor had to be harmed in the process, though.
Old movie. Actually, my daughter did not attend any dance, she instead chose to be a traditional Christian housewife and is making wonderfully brainwashed and judgemental grandbabies.

Fixed your statement for you.

Originally posted by Hawk-A-Loogey:

Hounded is wasting his time here w/ the anti-religion crowd.
I guess this is what I'm really saying. With the old crowd there were reasoned responses and the banter was fun, but this new one is just like you say.

This thread went pretty much as I thought it would. Secular progressives are pretty much everything they claim not to be. More noticable when it seems they hold a majority. You need look no further than Paul Wellstone's wake.

Hounded is wasting his time here w/ the anti-religion crowd.
I guess this is what I'm really saying. With the old crowd there were reasoned responses and the banter was fun, but this new one is just like you say.

Ah Hounded, you're not in that camp too, are you? This is the same thread as always. Responses from whack-jobs, your same old responses. Same stuff.
No, I don't think so. The balance on the board is gone. My responses are much shorter than they used to be. The young "neocomockery" crowd has taken over the board like Agent Smith did in the last Matrix movie.

Some of the old guard is gone, but new posters are taking their place. Maybe your longer, more thought-out responses would draw them out?

FWIW, I was just re-living one of my favorite message board dramas while home with sick kids yesterday.

Originally posted by Hawksquared:

Originally posted by DianaMoonGlampers:
I think I saw this play out once before. I think at the end the Hounded character finally accepted that there was going to be a dance. His daughter even attended. Too bad a perfectly good tractor had to be harmed in the process, though.
Old movie. Actually, my daughter did not attend any dance, she instead chose to be a traditional Christian housewife and is making wonderfully brainwashed and judgemental grandbabies.

Fixed your statement for you.
You didn't fix anything. BTW - It's "judgmental" not "judgemental." If you're going to butcher someone's post then at least do it right.

This is just another example of why this board is going to Hell.

I just wanted to point out this line from post #1 in a 81 post thread (so far):

"I was tempted to take the bait and attempt to give biblical answers and perspectives, but then I realized it would only bring on a feedy frenzy and basically be throwing what is holy to dogs & pearls before swine."

ha ha. We got you, Hounded!
I can do what I want in my own house.

Make no mistake, Hounded. This is my house.

smilie2.gif
LOL - Actually, this is Tom Kakert's house. You're like the little old cleaning lady.

Actually, I was just referring to this thread as something I started.

I just wanted to point out this line from post #1 in a 81 post thread (so far):

"I was tempted to take the bait and attempt to give biblical answers and perspectives, but then I realized it would only bring on a feedy frenzy and basically be throwing what is holy to dogs & pearls before swine."

ha ha. We got you, Hounded!
I can do what I want in my own house.

Make no mistake, Hounded. This is my house.

smilie2.gif
LOL - Actually, this is Tom Kakert's house. You're like the little old cleaning lady.

Actually, I was just referring to this thread as something I started.

laugh.gif

I would hate to see a little old cleaning lady who looked like me.

BTW-"judgement" is not the preferred spelling but is still acceptable.

Originally posted by warhawks:

This thread went pretty much as I thought it would. Secular progressives are pretty much everything they claim not to be. More noticable when it seems they hold a majority. You need look no further than Paul Wellstone's wake.

I think a thread that has as its base premise that the board (and by implication, its frequenters) is going to hell, is not going to contain much high-minded discourse.

I was addressing "judgmental." I don't think you'll find an American dictionary having "judgemental" as acceptable. Maybe England's Oxford would. But I could be wrong.

Originally posted by castichawk24:

roll.gif
i'm sure that you know that you're a good person, because you talk to god about it. we got it already though... you think you are better than us because you believe in god. i think i'm more rational than you because i don't. good night.
I don't think I'm better than you. I'm saying God is a better judge of what is good than you. And I would plainly declare you're not one iota more rational than I am.

This post was edited on 10/2 10:35 PM by HoundedHawk

and yet you believe that...

someone lived in a fish?
someone parted a sea?
mary was a virgin, but yet had JC?
JC rose from the dead?
Noah was 900+ years old?
a male and female of every species gathered at one post on the earth and all hopped on one boat together? even the animals that weren't indigenous to that part of the earth?

there is not one thing that i think is true that is irrational as any of these things. not even close.
If there is a God then these things are a piece of cake. You're irrational. You believe everything came from nothing and then completely & accidently organized itself. It's the height of illogic.

Which shows why you are an idiot when it comes to physics. You don't know one one thing about quantum mechanics and its implications on this subject. Maybe you should look into the uncertainty principle and things it relates to because in the universe things are constantly popping into and out of existence. But I'm sure next you'll tell us Quantum Mechanics is just bs although it has been verified OVER AND OVER again.
This post was edited on 10/3 11:09 AM by iowahawkeyes1986

So you can pass Judgement on who is going to Heaven or Hell? I thought that only God can make this Judgement.

what a shock that robert ingersol (sic) has joined in this thread.

Hounded is wasting his time here w/ the anti-religion crowd. Several weeks ago, some dummie was arguing with Hounded about the Bible. Hounded posted a bunch of verses, and then this dummie (can't remember which one ... they're all essentially the same) responded, "well, I don't know the Bible very well, but I know for a fact that it says something different somewhere else. I would appreciate it if someone who knows the Bible better could back me up on this."

That pretty much sums it up right there. Basically, in the anti-religion crowd, you've got a lot of young college kids who probably once heard some professor say that the Bible was full of contradictions and errors and not worth reading or believing. So they just accepted that opinion without questioning it, and they've never actually read the Bible (even for the great literary merit of the KJV). And then they ridicule someone who has actually studied the Bible in great depth, and somebody who also happens to be WAY smarter than them.

The real problem here is that college kids think they know it all. Eventually, they either figure out that they don't know it all, or they grow up to be bitter adults like Robert Ingersol (sic) who truly believe that some monolithic monster named "Christianity" is persecuting them and holding them back.

Now I certainly don't agree with all of Hounded's interpretations of the Bible and Christianity, but if you're going to argue with him, you should at least have some actual knowledge of what you are talking about, and some actual evidence to back up your opinions. These HROT punks don't ... all they have to fall back on is the unbridled hubris of youth and the ignorance of the uninformed.

And the typical, "you just don't understand the Bible" response.

"Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? ... No other human institution comes close."

But I'm sure Carl Sagan, one of the best scientist of our time, is just an uninformed idiot right? I mean, he only spent a good portion of his life studying the universe and researching beliefs humans once held about the universe(which is included in Astronomy at Iowa as everywhere else)) including those of many modern day religions. But again, as you say, secularist/atheist just don't understand the Bible.
This post was edited on 10/3 11:36 AM by iowahawkeyes1986

Originally posted by jericho27:
So you can pass Judgement on who is going to Heaven or Hell? I thought that only God can make this Judgement.
It doesn't take a genius to understand God's revealed judgment in His word concerning all the unbelief on this board.

I was addressing "judgmental." I don't think you'll find an American dictionary having "judgemental" as acceptable. Maybe England's Oxford would. But I could be wrong.

My bad. You might be right on "judgemental."

It doesn't take a genius to understand God's revealed judgment in His word concerning all the unbelief on this board.

I thought that God passes Judgement at the end of a person's life, not during.

I think a thread that has as its base premise that the board (and by implication, its frequenters) is going to hell, is not going to contain much high-minded discourse.

I think HH was referring more to the quality & civility of the board than actual biblical going to hell. Although he did say literally.

In short, this thread and this board serve to highlight some of the very obvious problems with American society.

*People talk (and talk long and loud) about things that they really don't know anything about. Their beliefs and opinions are THE most important.

*People refuse to honestly listen and evaluate alternate opinions or information. They believe that it is strong and honorable to maintain a position/opinion no matter what (Hitler had a similar miltary strategy, BTW). I was taught that is much more noble to admit when you're wrong. The next time anyone on this board admits that they were wrong (or that they don't know something) will be the first time.

I think HH was referring more to the quality & civility of the board than actual biblical going to hell. Although he did say literally.

oxymoron

Originally posted by Hawk24:
In short, this thread and this board serve to highlight some of the very obvious problems with American society.

*People talk (and talk long and loud) about things that they really don't know anything about. Their beliefs and opinions are THE most important.

*People refuse to honestly listen and evaluate alternate opinions or information. They believe that it is strong and honorable to maintain a position/opinion no matter what (Hitler had a similar miltary strategy, BTW). I was taught that is much more noble to admit when you're wrong. The next time anyone on this board admits that they were wrong (or that they don't know something) will be the first time.

I don't think this is entirely accurate. Or maybe just not applicable here. This thread represents the same old, same old. None of Hounded's views are new and fresh. Nor should they be, as the "Word" is not new. Hounded seems to present it in a way (often) that tends to rile people up. Maybe a bit belittling and arrogant. That might be why many here refuse to listen.

I certainly respect Hounded for his conviction and his knowledge. I just enjoy winding him up a little and watching him spin.

Originally posted by iowahawkeyes1986:

roll.gif
i'm sure that you know that you're a good person, because you talk to god about it. we got it already though... you think you are better than us because you believe in god. i think i'm more rational than you because i don't. good night.
I don't think I'm better than you. I'm saying God is a better judge of what is good than you. And I would plainly declare you're not one iota more rational than I am.

This post was edited on 10/2 10:35 PM by HoundedHawk

and yet you believe that...

someone lived in a fish?
someone parted a sea?
mary was a virgin, but yet had JC?
JC rose from the dead?
Noah was 900+ years old?
a male and female of every species gathered at one post on the earth and all hopped on one boat together? even the animals that weren't indigenous to that part of the earth?

there is not one thing that i think is true that is irrational as any of these things. not even close.
If there is a God then these things are a piece of cake. You're irrational. You believe everything came from nothing and then completely & accidently organized itself. It's the height of illogic.

Which shows why you are an idiot when it comes to physics. You don't know one one thing about quantum mechanics and its implications on this subject. Maybe you should look into the uncertainty principle and things it relates to because in the universe things are constantly popping into and out of existence. But I'm sure next you'll tell us Quantum Mechanics is just bs although it has been verified OVER AND OVER again.

This post was edited on 10/3 11:09 AM by iowahawkeyes1986

C'mon Hounded, I know you don't want to get a scientific beat down again which is why you avoid my posts, but lets hear your explanation for quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle, and the Copenhagen interpretation that results from it? Because as you say, something can't come from nothing. Please explain to me how our physics says otherwise and how they are wrong? This should be easy for you because as you have claimed before, you are well versed in physics.

I thought that God passes Judgement at the end of a person's life, not during.
Of course. I didn't say this board was in Hell.

I meant both figuratively and literally.

Figurately, it's gone to Hell since the balance is gone. Also, the young generation of liberal males on here are even more caustic than me. They've taken over like a nasty virus.

Literally, it's true as far as I'm generalizing. The number of blatant, hateful, and rabid mocking young unbelievers is astounding.

Continually defending your stance with excerpts from the Bible is akin to Ingersoll defending his with quotes from Bertrand Russell.

I certainly respect Hounded for his conviction and his knowledge. I just enjoy winding him up a little and watching him spin.
At least now I understand the picture of the bear.

Originally posted by the Howler:
Continually defending your stance with excerpts from the Bible is akin to Ingersoll defending his with quotes from Bertrand Russell.
I understand what you're saying. But this thread is about a biblical subject, that is is, going to Hell. Therefore, I will go to and quote the authority on the subject.

Originally posted by the Howler:
Don't you mean Bertrand Russel?

wink.gif

i read the ol testament once

for a religion class in college. i just couldnt buy into it that ppl lived to be 900+ years old and how my professor (i go to a christian college to play football) tried to explain it that there were less diseases and stress and that the ozone was better. i dunno i just dont buy alot of that stuff sounds way to similiar to mythology like how god helped the jews take the holy land but only let them take about 200 men to battle a huge horde. sounds like over the years ppl decided to beef it up a little

what a shock that robert ingersol (sic) has joined in this thread.

Hounded is wasting his time here w/ the anti-religion crowd. Several weeks ago, some dummie was arguing with Hounded about the Bible. Hounded posted a bunch of verses, and then this dummie (can't remember which one ... they're all essentially the same) responded, "well, I don't know the Bible very well, but I know for a fact that it says something different somewhere else. I would appreciate it if someone who knows the Bible better could back me up on this."

That pretty much sums it up right there. Basically, in the anti-religion crowd, you've got a lot of young college kids who probably once heard some professor say that the Bible was full of contradictions and errors and not worth reading or believing. So they just accepted that opinion without questioning it, and they've never actually read the Bible (even for the great literary merit of the KJV). And then they ridicule someone who has actually studied the Bible in great depth, and somebody who also happens to be WAY smarter than them.

The real problem here is that college kids think they know it all. Eventually, they either figure out that they don't know it all, or they grow up to be bitter adults like Robert Ingersol (sic) who truly believe that some monolithic monster named "Christianity" is persecuting them and holding them back.

Now I certainly don't agree with all of Hounded's interpretations of the Bible and Christianity, but if you're going to argue with him, you should at least have some actual knowledge of what you are talking about, and some actual evidence to back up your opinions. These HROT punks don't ... all they have to fall back on is the unbridled hubris of youth and the ignorance of the uninformed.

Problem is Loog...its not just the college kids. It's always the dumbest and most ignorant person in the room to speak the loudest about some baseless opinion. The idiots and trash are out breeding us...we are fighting an intellectual war of attrition.

Re: i read the ol testament once

Originally posted by THEbearbull:
for a religion class in college. i just couldnt buy into it that ppl lived to be 900+ years old and how my professor (i go to a christian college to play football) tried to explain it that there were less diseases and stress and that the ozone was better. i dunno i just dont buy alot of that stuff sounds way to similiar to mythology like how god helped the jews take the holy land but only let them take about 200 men to battle a huge horde. sounds like over the years ppl decided to beef it up a little

Your professor apparently thinks evolution is bogus along with the laws of physics that are involved with Earths formation and lifes appearance, so his opinion on Earths history is rather worthless. It requires too many assumptions(such as the physics we observe to apply everywhere, including in galaxies billions of light years away which we see as they were billions of years ago, didn't apply. So somehow the laws didn't apply here but they did there. Or god is just tricking us) that are not rooted in any evidence what so ever.
This post was edited on 10/3 12:02 PM by iowahawkeyes1986

another thing i noticed is that the bible (for alot of parts) is a really old porno. all the parts about prostitutes and kings watching women bathe at night kept me tuned in

another thing that pisses me off about this whole thing is how judgemental christians are. i go to a christian school and if i even hint about how i truly feel i get a sermon from about 50 ppl on how im going to hell. it also doesnt help havin my slayer cd on in my truck blasting it around campus

another thing i noticed is that the bible (for alot of parts) is a really old porno. all the parts about prostitutes and kings watching women bathe at night kept me tuned in

another thing that pisses me off about this whole thing is how judgemental christians are. i go to a christian school and if i even hint about how i truly feel i get a sermon from about 50 ppl on how im going to hell. it also doesnt help havin my slayer cd on in my truck blasting it around campus
This post is just so awesome, it's hard to know where to begin.

Why do you go to a Christian school, then? That makes no sense at all. Still a funny post, I just don't understand it.

Originally posted by Iza:

Why do you go to a Christian school, then? That makes no sense at all. Still a funny post, I just don't understand it.

to play football it basically sucks no girls in the dorm the dorms suck ass an even if your 21 you can get in trouble for drinking

to play football it basically sucks no girls in the dorm the dorms suck ass an even if your 21 you can get in trouble for drinking

Do you notice a lot of tapping feet in the bathrooms?

This board is literally going to Hell.

Is the server going to walk up to Peter at the pearly gates?

ADVERTISEMENT