ADVERTISEMENT

This board seems to struggle with

FBletterman

HB All-American
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas
shades of grey which life always is. Its never one way or the other; its always a bit of both.

I don't want Coach Ferentz to go; he has made us a top 15 team every year. We have a top 15 defense and special teams every year. Coaches like Brian Kelly say you can't stay at ND for 20 years and stay successful; Urban Myer states a coach can't be successful in the same place more than 10 years. Yet Coach Ferentz seems to do the impossible.

But, its also okay to say Coach Ferentz has not figured out how to give us a top 15 offense consistently. Its okay to be frustrated when your offense is ranked 115th in the country. 115th, let that sink in a moment. Every time you watch TV or Youtube, every pundit in the Nation says our offense stinks. Truth be told in my 40 years of watching college football Ive never heard a teams offense bashed more than Iowa's this year? have you? Seriously, that should tell you something.

If Iowa had a top 15 offense to go along with our top 15 defense and special teams we would be a consistent playoff team. Look at Michigan this year and that's what a top 15 offense, defense and special teams looks like. I think there going to win the National Championship.

Absolutely Im happy we win 10 games every year, go to a decent Bowl game and compete for a championship every 5 years. But, I can also wish for more can't I? Im not a bad IOWA fan if I dream we can be better. The fact is, our offense is horrible and changes to that aspect of our program need to be made.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.