ADVERTISEMENT

This game is not on petras.

It is on KF's refusal to upgrade the offense through the transfer portal. A normal coach would have fired at least one of his offensive staff after finishing 121st last year and hit the transfer portal HARD for offensive players in the offseason, not do nothing.
He might have told OKeefe to retire, so there's that.

It is on KF's refusal to upgrade the offense through the transfer portal. A normal coach would have fired at least one of his offensive staff after finishing 121st last year and hit the transfer portal HARD for offensive players in the offseason, not do nothing.
I know I’ve already replied; but I am a little curious where you are going with this post? Do you seriously think Petras is a Big Ten QB and Iowa messed up not recruiting transfers? If so, please elaborate as he may seriously be the worst QB I have ever witnessed under pressure in 40 years of watching football. It has to be embarrassing for him to even watch film

It's the offensive line. They were horrible last year (except for TL) and they look worse this year.

Here is a Kirk post game gem that makes you think wtf

Q. How much confidence do you have in Spencer moving forward?

KIRK FERENTZ: I still have a lot of confidence in him. I think the noise on the outside is probably a lot louder than it is inside. I have total confidence. He practices well. He's a great young guy. We'll be better next week

I agree that this game isn't on a single person. I don't think there is a single offensive player or coach that can say they did their job well today. Ultimately, when that happens, you need to look at the person in charge.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

KIRK FERENTZ: I still have a lot of confidence in him. I think the noise on the outside is probably a lot louder than it is inside. I have total confidence. He practices well. He's a great young guy. We'll be better next week
Whatever Spencer is doing during the week, he hasn’t got it on Saturday.

He needs to retire. He’s about as arrogant as they come, and will not admit he is wrong choosing Petrash. Worst qb in all of football, led by the worst OC in all of football.

KF has Barta's balls in his pocket. KF can do whatever he wants. He owns this program and in many ways this university.

I'm done blaming the kid. I'd bet my right nut he would be a different QB in a different system. Even shitty QBs throw more than 3 TDs in 9 games. It's scheme, recruiting, and development all rolled into one giant turd.

Reactions: cecilB and amahawk
Petras is f*cking horrible. Scheme whatever, scheme doesn't make the guy miss wide open receivers with horrible throws.
I said it’s not all Petras….i believe the staff is setting him up for failure with the play calls. I believe he’s a better qb from shotgun, did he miss a bunch of throws? Is he staring down receivers? Is he getting happy feet? YES, absolutely but if he IS Iowas QB then it is my opinion they should maybe they should try running a less traditional offense.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I'm done blaming the kid. I'd bet my right nut he would be a different QB in a different system. Even shitty QBs throw more than 3 TDs in 9 games. It's scheme, recruiting, and development all rolled into one giant turd.
Meh, he needs no pressure… it’s him

Not hitting the portal hard as you say is a result of what KF has become - He may still have some interest in winning, but he is much more interested in showing everyone who's boss, doing things his way for better or for worse, and never admitting that he's made a bad choice. Yeah, he's always been a stubborn egomaniac, but got to the point of pathologic with the BF hiring, became more evident with the Noah Fant situation, and lives on strong today with the SP situation. I am really afraid that's he's going to do exactly what he swore he would never do - coach for too long and leave the program in shambles. Today was a REALLY, REALLY BAD DAY for Iowa football.

I disagree now. The old man has dug his heels in once again because he is winning games. Teams with dog shit QBs can put up more than 3 points in a game with a little creativity.
Not when your line sucks roosters and your qb can’t hit open receivers. Brian isn’t the issue, wish he was, players can win in spite if a coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT