ADVERTISEMENT

This Iowa Team Showed Toughness Today

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
I’m not going to overreact to one game, but after laying an egg in the second half of the Michigan game, I expected Iowa to fold on the road in Columbus. I didn’t see the first half, but the defensive energy was impressive. This team showed a lot of heart and grit today. Kudos to them.

On a side note, Keegan and Kris need to play more at the same time. The chemistry they show on the floor is obvious and palpable. It’s insane not to have both of them on the floor together. Insane. Also, get Joe T more ticks. His energy on the defensive end coupled with the Murrays’ play broke the game open. C’mon, Fran. This team has a chance to make some noise in March. Don’t eff it up.

Agreed. PMac struggled today. Feeling it from Mich. game? Just seemed a step slow.

I’m not going to overreact to one game, but after laying an egg in the second half of the Michigan game, I expected Iowa to fold on the road in Columbus. I didn’t see the first half, but the defensive energy was impressive. This team showed a lot of heart and grit today. Kudos to them.

On a side note, Keegan and Kris need to play more at the same time. The chemistry they show on the floor is obvious and palpable. It’s insane not to have both of them on the floor together. Insane. Also, get Joe T more ticks. His energy on the defensive end coupled with the Murrays’ play broke the game open. C’mon, Fran. This team has a chance to make some noise in March. Don’t eff it up.
Couldn't agree more. Defense and rebounding will determine Iowa's fate for the rest of the year. Will the best rebounders and defenders play is the open question.

THIS!

even after a win we have people bitching about minutes

incredible.

Agreed. PMac struggled today. Feeling it from Mich. game? Just seemed a step slow.
Overall, I like PMac. I think his best basketball is still in front of him.

My biggest complaint about Fran has always been lack of team toughness. I think Joe T and the Murray twins show a lot of toughness and wish they’d be on the floor together more.

Overall, I like PMac. I think his best basketball is still in front of him.

My biggest complaint about Fran has always been lack of team toughness. I think Joe T and the Murray twins show a lot of toughness and wish they’d be on the floor together more.
Say what you want about Connor, and Ive ripped him a lot in the past, but you cant question his toughness. I thought he was great today.

Down the stretch, I liked the lineup Fran went with. K & K Murray, JBo, Ulis and CMac. Virtually no turnover possibilities with the three out top handling and the Murray's activity. Icing on the cake when CMac hit that three.

Reactions: Sjf6 and HFan1981
Iowa did play tough & actually rebounded very well. Especially offensive rebounds.

Ohio State is the most overrated team in the country though. And the fact that they were undefeated at home, you knew they were way overdue to lose this game.

Plus Iowa matches up much better with Ohio State than with a lot of the other top teams in the conference.

Keegan scored 20 pts in the first half.
Bohannon & Kris scored 18 pts in the second half.

Those 3 men carried the Hawkeyes offense today.
Great win on the road and our 1st win this season
against a Quad 1 team. Go Hawks and win on Tues
at home against Mich. St.
This site displays your user name when you post.
Without a user name I would still know a LuteHawk post.
LuteHawk is a good poster.

Tony was off today. He just seems uncomfortable as a starter.

Joe T was playing with confidence today. Looked very good, even his mistakes were all hustle.

Ahron had a very good game. I really liked it when he and Joe played together. I think we may see this a lot next year.

I wish Standfort could have got more minutes but I think it just wasn't his game.

GREAT WIN! A ROAD QUAD 1 WIN!

Tony was off today. He just seems uncomfortable as a starter.

Joe T was playing with confidence today. Looked very good, even his mistakes were all hustle.

Ahron had a very good game. I really liked it when he and Joe played together. I think we may see this a lot next year.

I wish Standfort could have got more minutes but I think it just wasn't his game.

GREAT WIN! A ROAD QUAD 1 WIN!
Ahron had one really bad stretch in the first half, but he sure made up for it. Maybe his best game as a Hawk?

Well said my Bleeder buddy..

• Love
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Most of the bitching has been about Kris not playing enough and voila, he plays and they win a tough road game.
PMAC got benched for CMAC, who plays defense and rebounds, the things PMAC doesn't like to do.
PMac had 5 rbs and 2 assists and wasn't playing terribly until he got hammered on a no call. Didn't play much after that. I doubt he got benched for his play.

Glad the team won. Glad Kris played well! I wish Tony could get out of his funk, but really happy for a team win.

Reactions: perryhawk
I know you can’t speak for other posters but I wonder where all the jack wagons that overreacted last game are..
Spot on. Maybe it’s because I’m old and have watched a few seasons, but if you can’t enjoy this year with Keegan and see the potential in this team, that’s on you.

Reactions: BBHawk
Uhlis played through a tough stretch in the first half and turned out to be one of the keys to victory. Good on Fran for leaving him in the game to play through it. I was calling for Fran to bench Uhlis during that rough stretch. I was wrong on that one.

And man it's fun to see Kris and Keegan on the court together. CMac had a great game and hit the game-clinching three. Joe T was all hustle. And JBo did enough to help despite missing some shots his younger self would have buried.

It was a great win, but it's still tough to look back at where they could be just with wins at PSU and that Michigan game.

Get consistent with the defensive and rebounding efforts, and this team could have an exciting finish.

BTW: Anyone really think Liddell belongs in the same conversation as Keegan Murray? Not me.

Please give the Fran bashing a rest. Just enjoy the win FFS.

ADVERTISEMENT