ADVERTISEMENT

This Iowa Team Showed Toughness Today

you couldn't find an example, could you, douche?

just admit that you were wrong. again.
I was calling for more Kris over PMac because Kris matched up better with tOSU players to create his own shot vs PMac who was getting pushed out to the top of the key or lane then would pick up his dribble to create a possible three second call. He has been doing that a lot in the last few games. Add in Kris rebounds and plays better D than PMac with physical play. Kris should be starting over PMac to finish out the season. Fran has a blind eye to this due to PMac being his son.

Nope! The three was great but he made some of dumbest fouls that nearly cost us
you sure or are you just reaching again. he was in to protect against the mismatch that was happening on the high pick and roll. which he did. was when we stretched the lead and OS had trouble scoring. you might have missed why he was in there. fouls…one was necessary to stop a score and one wasn’t a foul….good defense on the baseline…..that had not been called the entire game.

Agreed. PMac struggled today. Feeling it from Mich. game? Just seemed a step slow.
Don’t get me wrong, I do like PMac. But, his insane dribbling into trouble and then trying that very awkward behind the back dribble is high school crap and needs to stop! He should be over his bad habits from high school by now. He has a decent game if he doesn’t force it like he seems to do more often than not.

Reactions: JMSBFD and the24fan
Don’t get me wrong, I do like PMac. But, his insane dribbling into trouble and then trying that very awkward behind the back dribble is high school crap and needs to stop! He should be over his bad habits from high school by now. He has a decent game if he doesn’t force it like he seems to do more often than not.
This. Frustrating as hell to watch him dribble into the paint and then lose the ball! Those kinds of things are momentum killers , especially on the road

Reactions: JMSBFD and kcgolfer
I just had a chance to watch. Big win, I’ll be the first to say I didn’t see this coming but this was huge!

This games changes a lot.

Uhlis played through a tough stretch in the first half and turned out to be one of the keys to victory. Good on Fran for leaving him in the game to play through it. I was calling for Fran to bench Uhlis during that rough stretch. I am wrong on almost everything, that included.
FIFY.

😉

Reactions: jthawk
Tony was off today. He just seems uncomfortable as a starter.

Joe T was playing with confidence today. Looked very good, even his mistakes were all hustle.

Ahron had a very good game. I really liked it when he and Joe played together. I think we may see this a lot next year.

I wish Standfort could have got more minutes but I think it just wasn't his game.

GREAT WIN! A ROAD QUAD 1 WIN!
As a starter Perkins plays like he does not want to make mistakes i like him better off the bench where he can see how the game flows

Overall, I like PMac. I think his best basketball is still in front of him.

My biggest complaint about Fran has always been lack of team toughness. I think Joe T and the Murray twins show a lot of toughness and wish they’d be on the floor together more.
I’ll add that while I’m not calling for more minutes for him, the tough, physical games seem to be when Connor plays best. Loved his leadership out there today, like when he was up in Rebraca’s face calming him down…..then obviously the dagger.

PMac had 5 rbs and 2 assists and wasn't playing terribly until he got hammered on a no call. Didn't play much after that. I doubt he got benched for his play.

Glad the team won. Glad Kris played well! I wish Tony could get out of his funk, but really happy for a team win.

CMAC himself says they were alternating Keegan, Kris, and CMAC on LIdell. They couldn't alternate PMAC on Liddell because he isn't physical enough defender. JoeT and Ulis were the other two during the run. PMAC normally plays 25 min and only played 20 vs OSU. He did lose PT at the "3" in this game because of his lack of defensive play + he was only 2/8 from the field.

PMAC is 3rd best player on team and coaches son, he will always start.

CMAC himself says they were alternating Keegan, Kris, and CMAC on LIdell. They couldn't alternate PMAC on Liddell because he isn't physical enough defender. JoeT and Ulis were the other two during the run. PMAC normally plays 25 min and only played 20 vs OSU. He did lose PT at the "3" in this game because of his lack of defensive play + he was only 2/8 from the field.

PMAC is 3rd best player on team and coaches son, he will always start.
He barely played after he got hammered.

I was calling for more Kris over PMac because Kris matched up better with tOSU players to create his own shot vs PMac who was getting pushed out to the top of the key or lane then would pick up his dribble to create a possible three second call. He has been doing that a lot in the last few games. Add in Kris rebounds and plays better D than PMac with physical play. Kris should be starting over PMac to finish out the season. Fran has a blind eye to this due to PMac being his son.
I have a different perspective. Pmac has been playing really well for the last several games. Was really good against Michigan. Today he was just okay until he got hammered in the face. Consequently Fran didn’t play him a lot after that. Kris played much better in the second half and consequently played a lot more. When Kris has played well he’s been really good…he’s just been inconsistent. Fran’s done a really good job handling playing time with a very deep roster.

Next year I see Pmac at 1 forward and Kris at the other and they will both be better for their experience this year.

I enjoyed this game more than any game this year. I have to give Fran credit. He didn't play the starters till 13 minutes before bringing in the subs. Instead, around five minutes into both haves Joe T comes in and shortly after Kris, and he left him in for the rest of both halves. Loved it! With 6:00 left in the game is saw something I've been waiting for all year for. Joe T, Ulis, PMac, and the Murreys. Joe T and Ulis play well together and seeing them in together at that point of the game was great. Good job Fran.

I have a different perspective. Pmac has been playing really well for the last several games. Was really good against Michigan. Today he was just okay until he got hammered in the face. Consequently Fran didn’t play him a lot after that. Kris played much better in the second half and consequently played a lot more. When Kris has played well he’s been really good…he’s just been inconsistent. Fran’s done a really good job handling playing time with a very deep roster.

Next year I see Pmac at 1 forward and Kris at the other and they will both be better for their experience this year.
Kris won’t be at Iowa next year. He’ll be gone too.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I enjoyed this game more than any game this year. I have to give Fran credit. He didn't play the starters till 13 minutes before bringing in the subs. Instead, around five minutes into both haves Joe T comes in and shortly after Kris, and he left him in for the rest of both halves. Loved it! With 6:00 left in the game is saw something I've been waiting for all year for. Joe T, Ulis, PMac, and the Murreys. Joe T and Ulis play well together and seeing them in together at that point of the game was great. Good job Fran.
And what did Patrick do? He dribbled into a double team in the lane trying to dribble the ball between his legs…turnover. He tries to hard to be like Keegan and Kris by driving to the basket with his less then stellar ball handling skills. Happened in the first half too with a run out dunk. PMac needs to know his ball handling limitations.

I don’t think Kris is as quite as good as Keegan(are we allowed to say that or is that blasphemy?) but remember he’s basically where Keegan was last year in terms of development.

NBA? An evaluation is likely but he’s not ready for the jump quite yet. He will come back next year and lead Iowa in scoring and rebounding while playing in his more natural position, not the post.

Do you really think he will be here once Keegan leaves for the draft? And do you think Kris is happy not starting, sitting behind Patrick at the three? A lot of frustration with Fran’s blind eye toward his son starting over Kris will lead to him transferring out or trying the NBA route as well.
I think Kris is talented enough to play multiple positions. I see no reason why he and Patrick won’t be starters next year. FTR, I think Kris should be starting this year, but that’s not here nor there.

Btw, you do know Kris’s dad posts on here, right? So maybe you could tag him and ask where Kris is transferring next year. I’m sure Kenyon would be happy to confirm your suspicions. 🤔🙄😁

Reactions: jthawk and BBHawk
And what did Patrick do? He dribbled into a double team in the lane trying to dribble the ball between his legs…turnover. He tries to hard to be like Keegan and Kris by driving to the basket with his less then stellar ball handling skills. Happened in the first half too with a run out dunk. PMac needs to know his ball handling limitations.
Patrick led the team in offensive rebounding, while playing limited minutes.

You state this as if you know it for a fact? Do you, or is that your opinion? If you are saying that you know it, how do you know?
Yes, I know he posts here but how Fran has hamstrung Kris the last two years with playing time, why stick around is all I’m saying when he plays at the second highest level on the team but PMac get the minutes to show for it. If he did get the minutes, he wouldn’t be so inconsistent this late into the season if he got more minutes last year and the start this season.

How does the head coach not look at Keegan and say, I’ve got a twin in Kris that can be just as good as his brother, but only sparingly play him on a team that’s 8-7 in the league. Fran can’t see the forest before the trees and the last 12 years are proof. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t be shocked to see Kris leave to go to a program that’s going to showcase him since he is getting a back seat to Patrick that has limited skill sets compared to Kris. And that will continue next year too.

Patrick led the team in offensive rebounding, while playing limited minutes.
Wow. One game. Congrats. He doesn’t like to defend or rebound on the defensive end. Kris plays defense and offense. Has better ability to create his own shot. Kris is the better all around ball player and should be starting as he also has that unspoken connection to his brother since they’ve only played together since they were little kids. They know what the other is thinking and going to do without actually speaking. They took over the game yesterday due to their abilities and athleticism. How a head coach can’t see that 25 games into the season is beyond me.

Yes, I know he posts here but how Fran has hamstrung Kris the last two years with playing time, why stick around is all I’m saying when he plays at the second highest level on the team but Durant get the minutes to show for it. If he did, he wouldn’t be so inconsistent this late into the season if he got some minutes last year and more to start this season. How does the head coach not look at Keegan and say, I’ve got a twin in Kris that can be just as good as his brother, but only sparingly play him on a team that’s 8-7 in the league. Fran can’t see the forest before the trees and the last 12 years are proof. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t be shocked to see Kris leave to go to a program that’s going to showcase him since he is getting a back seat to Patrick that has limited skill sets compared to Kris.
Okay so you don’t have an inside source that told you this….it is your belief based on what you have observed.

What if the Murray’s belief is that Fran’s system has maximized Keegan’s chance to show what he’s capable of and next year Kris should be able to step into the starting role and do the same thing?

You could be right….but it’s not really a certainty at this point.

Okay so you don’t have an inside source that told you this….it is your belief based on what you have observed.

What if the Murray’s belief is that Fran’s system has maximized Keegan’s chance to show what he’s capable of and next year Kris should be able to step into the starting role and do the same thing?

You could be right….but it’s not really a certainty at this point.
When a team is 8-7 in the B1G, 18-8 overall, you have to question why the best players aren’t getting a majority of the minutes. I can understand if Iowa was 12-3, 11-4, or 10-5 and one game out of the B1G race but we are talking a little above .500 team not playing the second best player on the team and not even starting behind the head coaches son. Total fail by Fran.

Wow. One game. Congrats. He doesn’t like to defend or rebound on the defensive end. Kris plays defense and offense. Has better ability to create his own shot. Kris is the better all around ball player and should be starting as he also has that unspoken connection to his brother since they’ve only played together since they were little kids. They know what the other is thinking and going to do without actually speaking. They took over the game yesterday due to their abilities and athleticism. How a head coach can’t see that 25 games into the season is beyond me.
You've had your say, now for a counter argument. Against MI Kris played 14 minutes, had 8 pts, 1 rb, and 5 fouls. He's not consistent yet. He's getting better, but the coaching staff knows a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

Kris will be a starter at some point but he has to stop making stupid reaction fouls. Did you know that although he is only averaging 18 MPG, he leads the team with an average of 2.4 fouls/g? He normally plays within himself but he still gets frustrated and commits silly fouls. He'll get through that and be better for it.

Actually I think there’s a legitimate debate on which of these two is the better player.. There’s been times when Kris has turned in the better performance and times when Patrick has.

Bottom line is that we are very fortunate to have both of them. They both have tremendous value to our Iowa Hawkeyes. They are both very talented. Neither one of them appears to be close to their potential.

I think it’s okay to mention/celebrate good play by either or both of them.

I think the Murray family is pretty smart and obviously will do what’s in the best interests of their son(s). In Kris’s case I selfishly hope that’s coming back to Iowa next year and playing a starring role that advances his game and his draft status…..but who knows.

You've had your say, now for a counter argument. Against MI Kris played 14 minutes, had 8 pts, 1 rb, and 5 fouls. He's not consistent yet. He's getting better, but the coaching staff knows a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

Kris will be a starter at some point but he has to stop making stupid reaction fouls. Did you know that although he is only averaging 18 MPG, he leads the team with an average of 2.4 fouls/g? He normally plays within himself but he still gets frustrated and commits silly fouls. He'll get through that and be better for it.
And why is that? Because he didn’t get the minutes last year that PMac was getting when all we heard Fran say is Kris is doing really well and should be playing. Yet Fran wasn’t getting him any minutes. If he was getting the minutes last year and more this year, he’d be farther ahead this season in how he defends and plays defense. You can see it in every game that he is getting better, especially when playing with Keegan. Fran has got to lean more on Kris to finish the season with Keegan as well as rotating PMac into the mix too. Need to see Josh O more when a team has a large Big to help Philip out in the middle too.

And why is that? Because he didn’t get the minutes last year that PMac was getting when all we heard Fran say is Kris is doing really well and should be playing. Yet Fran wasn’t getting him any minutes. If he was getting the minutes last year and more this year, he’d be farther ahead this season in how he defends and plays defense. You can see it in every game that he is getting better, especially when playing with Keegan. Fran has got to lean more on Kris to finish the season with Keegan as well as rotating PMac into the mix too. Need to see Josh O more when a team has a large Big to help Philip out in the middle too.
McC always praises players regardless. You know that. Silly point.

thank you

ADVERTISEMENT