ADVERTISEMENT

This is a defining moment in US history. Time to declare sides- America or Russia

I vote Sweden.

swedish-girls-making-british-girls-look-ugly-since-1428-15205887.png

Narrator: "And the little Trumpanzee was blissfully unaware, that our intel agencies - NSA, CIA, FBI - were legally not able to formally address the cyber-threat from Russia UNLESS the President actually declared it a threat. This was, unfortunately, the way the law was written, and those agencies could not develop plans or active countermeasures without the explicit directive from the President."

I would agree. I think it's hilarious Trump supporters see Trump as some tough guy and "America First" platform yet when it comes to calling out Russia, he cowers like a little bitch.

He literally is saying the US intelligence community is less trustworthy than the Russian government. Literally.

Trump's acknowledgement of Russia's responsibility is critical. Under the 1991 Intelligence Authorization Act, US intelligence agencies cannot engage in covert actions abroad without a presidential finding that these operations are important to US national security.

That means that until Trump is willing to take the word of the US Intelligence Community over Putin's, our intelligence agencies cannot take affirmative countermeasures against Russia either in response to or to protect the US from further Russian election interference. As of February of this year, the heads of the CIA, the FBI, and the NSA all testified to Congress that Trump had not given them orders to counter future Russian cyber attacks.

If the most recent indictments do not convince Trump that Russia is squarely to blame and he does not make this issue front and center at Helsinki, he is giving Putin the green light for Russia to continue its efforts this November.

Reactions: Torg and THE_DEVIL
I would agree. I think it's hilarious Trump supporters see Trump as some tough guy and "America First" platform yet when it comes to calling out Russia, he cowers like a little bitch.

He literally is saying the US intelligence community is less trustworthy than the Russian government. Literally.

He is literally PREVENTING our intel agencies from acting on the threat.

Because he believes Russia over our own.

That is even something I didn't think Trump would do. Most republicans I know would and should hate seeing a US President take the word of the Russians over our own intelligence.

When a guy like Steve Schmidt comes out publicly and states outright "Vote straight Democrat" for all upcoming federal elections....I pay attention. That guy isn't REMOTELY a RINO. But he's also not compromised by Russian Kompromat, either.

Russia’s meddling in our election is an established fact. I’m not surprised you can’t find the goal posts to your own question.
I didn't ask about collusion - I asked if Putin had stated "we did it" would you believe him. Stop making up crap that isn't there.

obfuscating said:
Oh please restate it - there has been so much happening it's hard to figure out where the goal posts are, minute to minute.

It is easy in this thread. Do you believe the US intelligence community or do you believe Russia?

@obfuscating
Whataboutism... I heard that before somewhere...

Sides are polarizing and are what has caused a massive amount of this chit show over the past 6-8 years.. I will take a stance on this specific issue though and say Trump is VERY wrong on this one and is making himself look like an idiot. Today is probably the first time where if a lefty or anyone for that matter said "I'm embarrassed to be an American today" that my response would be "I cant argue against that on this issue.. Its rather indefensible"

ADVERTISEMENT