ADVERTISEMENT

This is NOT an April fools joke.

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
Somehow, someway, Texas A and M had a class of 30 for the year 2022 according to TOS. This rather large group includes 8-5 star and 20-4 star players. Four of the eight 5 star players are DL. Is anyone checking on how in hell one school can sign such a large and pro ready class ? Somehing doesn't look or smell right. I know I'm ranting here, but it pisses the hell out of me what one school in the SEC can do. 😎❤️🏈

Half those players probably could not be admitted at Iowa. We make those football players know at least a little readin', ritin' and 'rithmatic. The the citizenship issues.

Plus, there aren't any oil billionaires in Iowa to sponsor a college football team.

Last edited:
Somehow, someway, Texas A and M had a class of 30 for the year 2022 according to TOS. This rather large group includes 8-5 star and 20-4 star players. Four of the eight 5 star players are DL. Is anyone checking on how in hell one school can sign such a large and pro ready class ? Somehing doesn't look or smell right. I know I'm ranting here, but it pisses the hell out of me what one school in the SEC can do. 😎❤️🏈
You forget that sec* stands for “Sure Everyone Cheats”. The ‘*’ exception is Vanderbilt because of admission requirements or they are TOO smart to get caught.

Half those players probably could not be admitted at Iowa. We make those football players know at least a little readin', writin' and 'rithmatic. The the citizenship issues.

Plus, there aren't any oil billionaires in Iowa to sponsor a college football team.

Not challenging you here you’re a great dude but Texas A&M is a very very very good school not to say there isn’t something odd going on in this scenario but you got to be bright to get in

Not challenging you here you’re a great dude but Texas A&M is a very very very good school not to say there isn’t something odd going on in this scenario but you got to be bright to get in
Texas A&M is a fine school but I think you might be confusing them with UT Austin.

Reactions: BBHawk
Georgia, Florida, A&M and Texas are allhigher than Iowa from what I could see?
Yes. I said it was a fine school. Not as highly ranked as the other 3 you've listed and I wouldn't throw 3 verys in front of it 😊. It's basically ranked the same as a middle of the road B1G school.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I thought NCAA limited to 25 max per class. Tho if some guys just use NIL and not on scholarship, they could swing it.

I think Texas A&M saw the blueprint of Georgia and many of Alabama title teams and stacked both the defensive line and the secondary. They'll get athletes offensive side too, but with how they are recruiting the defense it's going to get them a lot more possessions.

Half those players probably could not be admitted at Iowa. We make those football players know at least a little readin', writin' and 'rithmatic. The the citizenship issues.

Nope. Pass the clearinghouse and iowa will admit.
It’s NIL and A&M was/is ahead of the curve.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Thank you for providing this info. Pleased to see that we are behind only Nebby in the west and 5th overall at 89 million. Still don't understand how any school, let alone TAM, could sign a class like this. They obviously are doing something right. Their lead recruiter is due for one big raise. 😎❤️🏈
This means a little. Endowment also plays a factor.
Biggest factor will be the schools that can combine the NIL with marketing groups. Schools will have to let some $$$ from donors and their partners ( nike, etc) funnel to a NIL fund vs the ath dept. Knowing the iowa marketing group ( think red poms for the wiscky game years ago), our legal team, etc. we’re screwed.

I think Texas A&M saw the blueprint of Georgia and many of Alabama title teams and stacked both the defensive line and the secondary. They'll get athletes offensive side too, but with how they are recruiting the defense it's going to get them a lot more possessions.
Speaking of defense, imagine Iowa having and starting four A.J. EPenesa's at their four DL spots every game. TAM has four five star DL Signed. Few professional teams have this kind of talent. 😎❤️🏈

Speaking of defense, imagine Iowa having and starting four A.J. EPenesa's at their four DL spots every game. TAM has four five star DL Signed. Few professional teams have this kind of talent. 😎❤️🏈

Forget the stars and look at the positional ranking for a second. DT-#1, 4, 18. SDE-#4,5,9 WDE-#5, 12

Let's say they have a 50% chance of panning out they could have an all-conf all-american type talent at each position on the D Line plus a solid rotational player.

Do the same practice with secondary it is just a joke. Another reason I like the system in place at Iowa it'll be very hard to have this type of recruiting impact so Master identifying and developing talent

One year wavier of scholarship limit - can sign up to 32 in one class this year. But, still limited to 85.

Technically, if the amount of NIL money is good enough, it allows colleges no limits on players as kids could “walk on” and still get 6-7 figure sums. For some of these schools, scholarships are not even a big deal as they have deep pockets that will pay for recruits anyways. This is something that needs to be addressed because is allows situations like this.

Yeah, A&M and Texas are both really good schools. Those Texans take football seriously and allow 50-75 near illiterates to remain eligible. They don't really have to break any rules to do it, just engage in smart campus politics, find some teacher/profs that are a big team guy and happy to give a guy a C or a B for attendance.

Yeah, A&M and Texas are both really good schools. Those Texans take football seriously and allow 50-75 near illiterates to remain eligible. They don't really have to break any rules to do it, just engage in smart campus politics, find some teacher/profs that are a big team guy and happy to give a guy a C or a B for attendance.
^This. The Texas A&M football coach is not concerned with the academic progress or scholastic abilities of his football players, he just wants them eligible to play football by any means necessary. This MO is well documented with Jimbo. If the entire A&M roster applied competitively to enroll there with the rest of the school's applicants, very few of them would be accepted, period.

shrug - it's the new world of NIL recruiting. I don't foresee Iowa every having the type of support needed to compete with the southern schools. Too many people who would live on ramen to give their pet program more money to chase a NC.

Iowa just doesn't have enough win at all costs fans and the one who are that way are typically not in a position to make an impact. Honestly, I'm OK with that. I just don't see the value of winning it all if you just went and bought it. I would be like buying a gold medal on ebay.....you didn't earn it.

Seems like alot of NIL money will be wasted here. One class, 30 guys. Maybe half will see significant playing time? Not sure how you reload year after year with 20-30 guys and find playing time. If the average guy last 3 years, thats like 80 guys making a ton of NIL every year.

Seems like alot of NIL money will be wasted here. One class, 30 guys. Maybe half will see significant playing time? Not sure how you reload year after year with 20-30 guys and find playing time. If the average guy last 3 years, thats like 80 guys making a ton of NIL every year.

I think it's also a reflection on the student athlete themselves ...seeing their class with 25+ kids already committed, they have to realize that competition for playing is going to be insane. Especially if the class before that one was also at 25+ kids.

I realize they all have supreme confidence in their skills and abilities, but I bet there are more than a few who also fully realize deep down that they aren't actually 4-star/5-star caliber (many of those kids never even see playing time let alone start at the program they commit to; they get beat out by lesser stars who have the "hunger" or "chip" edge) and they are simply going to take the NIL $ and run.

Sad, but that's what NCAA athletics for FB and MBB has now come to.

the NCAA is beyond stupid if they didn't forsee the NIL causing these sorts of problems..........and I can believe the NCAA is that stupid
Well the NCAA should have done something about it when they had all the control. Instead they kicked the can down the road and now we have this unlegislated fiasco. They knew this could happen when the Ed O'bannon case happened, or when Northwestern football players wanted to unionize. But the NCAA did nothing. Then last year they got taken to the woodshed in court. The NCAA had over 10 years to come up with a plan for NIL. They did absolutely nothing and wanted members of congress legislate it. NCAA leadership is the problem here.

The amount of NIL dollars in the headlines is much greater than the amount that will actually be paid out.

From what I've read, a lot of the NIL deals are paid if the player is a starter or reaches certain playing time goals. A lot of the NIL agreements seem a little shady and will probably just disappear if a player isn't good enough or transfers.

These don't appear to be guaranteed contracts. But, they get the kids onto campus, which is the true goal.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT