ADVERTISEMENT

This is not rocket surgery ... Petras and the rest of the O are not the problem because

HawkCharlotte

HR MVP
Jul 17, 2005
the rest of the team is championship level. Iowa has a champion level D and ST. Why? Largely due to champion level COACHING.

The only part of the team that's high school level is coached by Brian. I've seen better coached HS teams.

The call for a reverse on the 2nd and 1 demonstrated BF doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

So the 'this is not rocket surgery line' is (sorry for the mixed metaphor ... couldn't help myself) this: Brian's job is not based on experience or performance.

He's Kirk's kid and that's all ... and Barta works for Kirk. If any other coach on the team was performing this poorly, they'd be gone. But Brian's here to stay as long as Kirk is allowed to stay.

It's amazing how fast Kirk has damaged his legacy. Good bye Kirk, please have the decency to at least step away and let someone else coach who care more about winning then his own kid's ego.

The Californians Reaction GIF

the rest of the team is championship level. Iowa has a champion level D and ST. Why? Largely due to champion level COACHING.

The only part of the team that's high school level is coached by Brian. I've seen better coached HS teams.

The call for a reverse on the 2nd and 1 demonstrated BF doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

So the 'this is not rocket surgery line' is (sorry for the mixed metaphor ... couldn't help myself) this: Brian's job is not based on experience or performance.

He's Kirk's kid and that's all ... and Barta works for Kirk. If any other coach on the team was performing this poorly, they'd be gone. But Brian's here to stay as long as Kirk is allowed to stay.

It's amazing how fast Kirk has damaged his legacy. Good bye Kirk, please have the decency to at least step away and let someone else coach who care more about winning then his own kid's ego.
So if I need rocket surgery, I don’t call BF, I call a urologist right?

This matters or it doesn't?

"That leaves Bruce as the team's only contributing scholarship receiver. And Saturday showed again that sophomore Brody Brecht, who played sparingly, still has a ways to go before he's a factor.

More than just talent on the field, the lack of numbers is holding back Iowa's full playbook. More often than not, LaPorta is lining up at receiver; when he's not, there's no more than two receivers on the field. There have been few if any 11 personnel (three wide receivers, one tight end) sets run through two games.

"It limits what you can do, realistically," Ferentz said. "It is what it is. We've got to try to coach around that, and that's our jobs, to try to figure out a better way to move the ball and be successful there. Right now, there's really nothing that's looking great, and we have to try to figure that out here in short time.""

This matters or it doesn't?

"That leaves Bruce as the team's only contributing scholarship receiver. And Saturday showed again that sophomore Brody Brecht, who played sparingly, still has a ways to go before he's a factor.

More than just talent on the field, the lack of numbers is holding back Iowa's full playbook. More often than not, LaPorta is lining up at receiver; when he's not, there's no more than two receivers on the field. There have been few if any 11 personnel (three wide receivers, one tight end) sets run through two games.

"It limits what you can do, realistically," Ferentz said. "It is what it is. We've got to try to coach around that, and that's our jobs, to try to figure out a better way to move the ball and be successful there. Right now, there's really nothing that's looking great, and we have to try to figure that out here in short time.""
At least he's admitting that nothing's looking great. I give him some credit for that.

We are 1 for 3 on field goal attempts. Not sure I would call our special teams championship level yet.

ADVERTISEMENT