ADVERTISEMENT

This is our next civil war...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe the next civil war will be based in religion and white supremacy. With those 2 joining forces as they have in their support of Trump.

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/08/de...t-group-train-young-men-for-biblical-warfare/

“Death To Non-Christians” Republican State Rep Helped Extremist Group Train Young Men For “Biblical Warfare”
August 14, 2019Christianists, Crackpots

The Guardian reports:

The Republican politician Matt Shea connected close allies with a group offering training to young men in “biblical warfare” that includes how to use knives, pistols and rifles, with lessons based in part on the teachings of a Georgia-based neo-Confederate pastor, emails obtained by the Guardian reveal.

Shea, who is an elected Washington state representative, later made videos in support of the group, and appeared alongside them at a gathering at a religious community in remote eastern Washington. He also paid the founder of the group money from his campaign fund in 2018.

The emails, sent in July 2016, begin with an email from Patrick Caughran, who presents himself as the founder of a training group called Team Rugged. They were provided to the Guardian by a former Shea associate who was copied in on the exchange.

Loads more Christian craziness at the link.

Shea last appeared on JMG in May when he hosted a fundraiser to create a 51st “Christian state” out of bits of Washington and Idaho.

Last November, Shea was exposed for distributing a manifesto calling for the executions of all males who “flout biblical law.” Two weeks later he easily won reelection.

So, if this is going to cause a civil war, this group must have what, tens of millions of members?

Oh wait...a google search shows project Rugged's Facebook page has...69 likes (nice).

Yes, most definitely, civil war is imminent.

Let's be real. Evangelical support of Trump centers on abortion and gays.

While many evangelicals are simple and stupid, the overwhelming majority are not radicalized.

This type of rhetoric is unfortunate. I still believe most Republicans are on the side of justice.

Can you work on a new shtick? Calling people that don't agree with you stupid all the time is getting old. Your getting close to ignore and I hate to do that.

Can you work on a new shtick? Calling people that don't agree with you stupid all the time is getting old. Your getting close to ignore and I hate to do that.

My girlfriend has been on my butt lately about being nicer. Lol. The funny thing is I meant it to be a positive comment. Old habits die hard.

Perhaps if I had said many tend to be a bit naive that would have been more palatable?

Lol. I'll work on it.

Reactions: HawkeyeGold
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe the next civil war will be based in religion and white supremacy. With those 2 joining forces as they have in their support of Trump.

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/08/de...t-group-train-young-men-for-biblical-warfare/

“Death To Non-Christians” Republican State Rep Helped Extremist Group Train Young Men For “Biblical Warfare”
August 14, 2019Christianists, Crackpots

The Guardian reports:

The Republican politician Matt Shea connected close allies with a group offering training to young men in “biblical warfare” that includes how to use knives, pistols and rifles, with lessons based in part on the teachings of a Georgia-based neo-Confederate pastor, emails obtained by the Guardian reveal.

Shea, who is an elected Washington state representative, later made videos in support of the group, and appeared alongside them at a gathering at a religious community in remote eastern Washington. He also paid the founder of the group money from his campaign fund in 2018.

The emails, sent in July 2016, begin with an email from Patrick Caughran, who presents himself as the founder of a training group called Team Rugged. They were provided to the Guardian by a former Shea associate who was copied in on the exchange.

Loads more Christian craziness at the link.

Shea last appeared on JMG in May when he hosted a fundraiser to create a 51st “Christian state” out of bits of Washington and Idaho.

Last November, Shea was exposed for distributing a manifesto calling for the executions of all males who “flout biblical law.” Two weeks later he easily won reelection.

I believe society is not even remotely as crazy as you think it is.

Reactions: NoleATL
Christian, conservative terrorism is less likely to lead to a civil war than it is to more people simply writing off Christian conservatives. That fits my agenda just fine.

I think we live in a world where we know much more about extremist views than we used to -- the internet has given them a megaphone.

The good news is that their actual numbers are probably much less than they used to be.

Overall, we're a much more liberal and tolerant society than we used to be.

Reactions: goldmom
I'm a Christian and I don't come close to associating myself with that nonsense. I'm not sure a single person at our church would identify these as any virtue of true Christianity.
There's no universal definition of Christian or Christianity. That's one of the drawbacks of the religion.

Let's be real. Evangelical support of Trump centers on abortion and gays.

While many evangelicals are simple and stupid, the overwhelming majority are not radicalized.

This type of rhetoric is unfortunate. I still believe most Republicans are on the side of justice.
Everyday Americans don't go for all the bullshit out of Washington. I enjoy my left wing friends who are great people and really don't like trump but do think 3rd trimester abortion, reparations for gays and blacks are stupid, social security and free health care for illegals are crazy ideas. I agree that the death penalty and assault weapons should not be legal. I now believe climate change is real but the outlandish solutions proposed by the aoc crowd is ridiculous.

Reactions: goldmom
If there is a civil war, this group isn't going to be a major player in it.

I could see gun control being the issue. I could also see it becoming a general rural verses urban civil war.

well since there are fewer and fewer Christians and churches closing everywhere.... and like 3 white supremacists who show up at rallies....the civil war will not last long. won't be much of an entertaining fight.

When you dig way down you'll find that most wars are typically about money,... I'll go with that.
and churches have no money. that's why they are closing. and the three white supremacists might have 15 dollars between them

the next civil war will actually be a bunch of leftists going door to door trying to confiscate guns from citizens

This is why Russia isn’t treated like a problem by the Right.

Riddle me this, why don’t the Germans give a fig about your bogeyman?
They scarcely field a military anymore and are trying to create more trade deals with the Russians while people across the pond are busy whipping up another Red Scare.
Why do you think they are not as scared as you want everyone to be?

and churches have no money. that's why they are closing. and the three white supremacists might have 15 dollars between them

the next civil war will actually be a bunch of leftists going door to door trying to confiscate guns from citizens
They will actually just be doing a school fundraiser, but that won’t stop your mates from pulling a gun on them.

Riddle me this, why don’t the Germans give a fig about your bogeyman?
They scarcely field a military anymore and are trying to create more trade deals with the Russians while people across the pond are busy whipping up another Red Scare.
Why do you think they are not as scared as you want everyone to be?
Maybe because they have us protecting their country?

Maybe because they have us protecting their country?

So you buy into Trump’s thesis that NATO members are ripping off the US?
If that’s the case, what’s our case for staying in NATO?
Convenient fig leaf when the UN won’t provide cover for overthrowing another foreign government?

Suicide bomber scare me
giphy.gif

So you buy into Trump’s thesis that NATO members are ripping off the US?
If that’s the case, what’s our case for staying in NATO?
Convenient fig leaf when the UN won’t provide cover for overthrowing another foreign government?
I don’t buy your theory on the state of Germany or Trumps theory that we are better no ripped off. But I do buy into the reality that we have a sizable force based in the country and agreements to protect them. So I thought that might be something you could wrap your head around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT