ADVERTISEMENT

This is the modern day Republican Party.

That's not exactly how it works. If you believe human life begins at conception and that there's a moral obligation to protect innocent human life, that supersedes protecting a woman's right to choose her own healthcare. That is the Catholic position on the issue.

I, and many Catholics I would imagine, agree on the "pro-birth" hypocrisy. The Church has an expression "from the womb to the tomb" when it comes to the sanctity of life. Protecting the unborn is (or should be) just as important as ensuring every human is given the right to necessary healthcare to sustain and enhance quality of life within the capabilities of modern medicine.
I was raised in a Catholic home. Until my parents divorced and the church treated us as pariahs.

Catholics should clean up their own goddamned yard before they claim any sort of moral ground about what anyone else does. They are the biggest and best organized group of child molesters in the history of time.

Reactions: nelly02 and littlez
I was raised in a Catholic home. Until my parents divorced and the church treated us as pariahs.

Catholics should clean up their own goddamned yard before they claim any sort of moral ground about what anyone else does. They are the biggest and best organized group of child molesters in the history of time.

I'm sorry that was your experience.

I'm not pushing the Catholic faith just explaining its position since Nancy Pelosi identifies as one.

The sex abuse scandal was/is a horrible black eye on the Church. It is worth noting Protestant denominations have had a similar prevalence of sexual abuse as has public education.

I think this is in a South Florida Blue District. She probably doesn't have a very good shot of winning. Although the drama that would unfold between her and the squad could be entertaining if nothing else.

Again, this all goes back to the post of the demographics of the US changing. White people are having less kids, and soon will be in the minority. It is what it is. Deal with it. The Qanon people and the crazy right wing offshoots are just a side effect of this. It's how Trump won. The disenfranchised white people helped Trump win (along w/the Suburban moms, somehow) and I don't see this changing in the near future. It's how we get the William Bonny's of the world.

Again, this all goes back to the post of the demographics of the US changing. White people are having less kids, and soon will be in the minority. It is what it is. Deal with it.

Just because "white people" will no longer be a majority doesn't mean "middle class values" aren't still the majority and norm.

MOST minority folks who are part of the middle class and suburbia share the same values and opinions as the white suburbanites. Freaking out just because "white people" aren't a majority in America is scaremongering nonsense.

My guess is that Trump is probably the only prominent Republican who wants Loomer to win.
Who else matters?

giphy.gif

Banned from Uber for racism. You guys must be so proud. She’s going to lose to Frankel in embarrassing fashion.
Oh she's in a blue district? I'm actually kind of sad. I was imagining her and Goetz forming a counter squad right after I saw the pic in OP.

When it comes to the dangerously mentally unstable, the left rejects them, the right elects them.

Republicans - “The left is insane because AOC wants a living wage and following the recommendations of science to curb global warming.”

Also Republicans - Elect a woman who refuses to take a cab with a Muslim driver and chained herself to Twitter offices after being banned for hate speech.

ADVERTISEMENT