ADVERTISEMENT

This is why I don't trust Republicans when it comes to reproductive or LGBTQ rights

I can see why it would concern you, especially since you think all Republicans believe that. Fortunately for all of us, all Republicans don't think that way. As I've said many times, I have several problems with the GOP, and one of the main ones is they want to be the morality (broad use of the term) police.

The difference between you and I is that you think every Republican thinks that way, whether or not that actually express it. You think they are just waiting to act on it the moment they can.

You speak of reproductive rights in a really strange way. You apparently believe that a woman should be able to abort a baby right up until the baby is born. You are entitled to that belief, but it's a perfectly legitimate belief that a viable fetus deserves protection of it's life.

I'm not sure what protections you are demanding for LGBT people. I'd like to get a more specific complaint on that. As far as I know, no adult is being refused treatments or surgeries if they want to change gender.

Reactions: Hawkman34
I can see why it would concern you, especially since you think all Republicans believe that. Fortunately for all of us, all Republicans don't think that way. As I've said many times, I have several problems with the GOP, and one of the main ones is they want to be the morality (broad use of the term) police.

The difference between you and I is that you think every Republican thinks that way, whether or not that actually express it. You think they are just waiting to act on it the moment they can.

You speak of reproductive rights in a really strange way. You apparently believe that a woman should be able to abort a baby right up until the baby is born. You are entitled to that belief, but it's a perfectly legitimate belief that a viable fetus deserves protection of it's life.

I'm not sure what protections you are demanding for LGBT people. I'd like to get a more specific complaint on that. As far as I know, no adult is being refused treatments or surgeries if they want to change gender.
Rs said abortion wasn't at risk, too.

Exactly.

I bet OP also thinks the GOP will try to ban abortion. He's not a free thinker like you and me.

And Obama said if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. And Trump said COVID would be over by spring. And Biden said there’s no crisis at the border. And Kamala said the economy is great. And McConnell said something like a turtle.

Lots to unpack there.
The thing is none of those turned out true. Which makes me think that when the Rs say they aren't coming after gay marriage, they probably are.

And Obama said if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. And Trump said COVID would be over by spring. And Biden said there’s no crisis at the border. And Kamala said the economy is great. And McConnell said something like a turtle.

Lots to unpack there.
Still the king.

No but you vote for the people who do. Dummy.

Lots to unpack there.
Do you think the GOP would go after gay marriage?

Reactions: Tom Paris
The thing is none of those turned out true. Which makes me think that when the Rs say they aren't coming after gay marriage, they probably are.
We know they are. Just like abortion and state’s rights. Their agenda is laid out. It’s a radical Christian Nationalist agenda. Those crazies have the power in the party. Yet morons like Finance wants us to believe he’s not ok with it while he votes for it.

It was bait and switch when President Obama went to
an Indian Reservation in Oklahoma and said to them:
"If you like your medicine man, then you can keep your
medicine man." Tonto had tears in his eyes that day.

It was bait and switch when President Obama went to
an Indian Reservation in Oklahoma and said to them:
"If you like your medicine man, then you can keep your
medicine man." Tonto had tears in his eyes that day.
Thanks, Lute.

What's sad is, I believe you mean what you say. I also believe a large segment, perhaps even the majority of the GOP is aligned with your viewpoint. Unfortunately, they're not the ones driving the GOP agenda at the moment, and haven't for years.

ADVERTISEMENT