ADVERTISEMENT

This is why my daughters don't use a public restroom or I stand in front of the door and don't let anyone in until they are done...

When you graduated (from Kirkwood I assume), how much was tuition?
So, so insecure. LOL

I graduated from the University of Iowa with only $10K in student loans which I paid off very quickly. So let's hear your story. Not holding my breath.

That you enjoy leaning.
That you get to make new friends
That you get to learn better social interaction like not blocking a bathroom door

Just some off the top of my head.
Yeah, I guess i can't see any other scenario other than going to college where any of that stuff could be done. You got me good there.

But at least my 10 yo can clean a fish.

So, so insecure. LOL

I graduated from the University of Iowa with only $10K in student loans which I paid off very quickly. So let's hear your story. Not holding my breath.
No debt in undergrad, worked the whole time. Grad school I had a lot, around 30k or so.

OP literally said he blocks anyone from entering. It's a public bathroom and a women's room. That is nonsense.

I'd kick his ass if my wife or daughter needed to use the facility. He has no ownership of the restroom.

Reactions: IA_HAWKI
I'll actually enroll them in a local community college when they hit highschool like I did my son. Get dual credits and it's free to homeschoolers. I'm not going to force them to go to college though. BTW hopefully they don't use the bathroom.

I will encourage my kids in whatever they want to do. I won't force them to go to college though just like I won't force them not to go to college.
So you are not forcing your kids to go to college. Got it.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

Such a silly argument.

My kids (1 in college, 1 applying now, one undecided) can all:

Shear a sheep
Change oil
Butcher an animal
Clean a shotgun and break a majority of clays on trap, skeet and sporting fields
Do minor small engine work
Complete minor home repairs (carpentry, electric and plumbing)

On top of that they are top notch students in a rigorous academic environment.

It isn’t one or the other. Just as one side over celebrates academia, the other side over celebrates non-academia.

Yeah, I guess i can't see any other scenario other than going to college where any of that stuff could be done. You got me good there.

Have you ever stopped someone from entering a public restroom?

Such a silly argument.

My kids (1 in college, 1 applying now, one undecided) can all:

Shear a sheep
Change oil
Butcher an animal
Clean a shotgun and break a majority of clays on trap, skeet and sporting fields
Do minor small engine work
Complete minor home repairs (carpentry, electric and plumbing)

On top of that they are top notch students in a rigorous academic environment.

It isn’t one or the other. Just as one side over celebrates academia, the other side over celebrates non-academia.
That's awesome, would you force them to go to college if they didn't want to? I'm merely suggesting one doesnt stop learning because he or she didn't go to college. To suggest otherwise is elitist IMO.

Follow the old man into Custodial Arts?
My grandpa retired as a highschool janitor in Earlam. He was a WW2 vet. After he died my mom found a shoe box. In that box was a Bronze Star that noone knew about. Your disdain for the common folk is sickening.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
My age has nothing to do with yours. We’re both old. You’re just a miserable hack who presses laughing emoji all day.
You're a farce. A completely insecure, immature, lying farce. And apparently have been for a long time.

Oh, and I forgot, woefully unclever. SMH
You’re a lunatic. I’m sorry for your children. It must suck having a dad go keyboard warrior every weekend and ignore their lives. You probably drink a bit too much and haven’t been there for them over the years. I pity you.

You can't even follow your own post. College isn't so much of a choice for you guys, more along nobody let us in

That's awesome, would you force them to go to college if they didn't want to? I'm merely suggesting one doesnt stop learning because he or she didn't go to college. To suggest otherwise is elitist IMO.

All of my kids will receive post-secondary education.

We don’t have to force them to do that because they have been raised to understand the value of lifelong learning and the reality of long term life success.

Again, dividing the world in to elites and anti-elites is stupid and damaging. Too much celebrating ignorance.

You’re a lunatic. I’m sorry for your children. It must suck having a dad go keyboard warrior every weekend and ignore their lives. You probably drink a bit too much and haven’t been there for them over the years. I pity you.
There you go, making shit up and talking out of your ass again. Your insecurity makes you project and lash out. It's got to be tough for you, you're not smart enough to make salient points in a a debate so you choose to make things up out of desperation. When your bullshit gets called out you try to puff up but it ends with you being further exposed. Very Trump like - you two have a lot in common.

There you go, making shit up and talking out of your ass again. Your insecurity makes you project and lash out. It's got to be tough for you, you're not smart enough to make salient points in a a debate so you choose to make things up out of desperation. When your bullshit gets called out you try to puff up but it ends with you being further exposed. Very Trump like - you two have a lot in common.
Again, I just feel for your children. I don’t pray often, but I will for them today. May even throw in a prayer for you.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Counts as highschool credits. You can force your kids to go to school. It's kinda against the law not to have your kids in school.

Given the homeschool rules in my state, it is totally permissible by law to not have your kids in school. Homeschooling in Indiana is crap on so many levels. Maybe 3% of the people doing it are even trying.

I had a guy I worked with who basically used the curriculum “find a husband” for his daughters.

Given the homeschool rules in my state, it is totally permissible by law to not have your kids in school. Homeschooling in Indiana is crap on so many levels. Maybe 3% of the people doing it are even trying.

I had a guy I worked with who basically used the curriculum “find a husband” for his daughters.
Homeschool is school. If people aren't trying they are doing a disservice to their children. Public education is crap in NM. Don't honestly know if I'd be homeschooling in a state with better public schools. I've produced one successful member of society so far so we must be dong something right.

All of my kids will receive post-secondary education.

We don’t have to force them to do that because they have been raised to understand the value of lifelong learning and the reality of long term life success.

Again, dividing the world in to elites and anti-elites is stupid and damaging. Too much celebrating ignorance.
I'm not begrudging anyone for getting a post secondary education. If you believe that is the only metric for success you are mistaken.

I'm not begrudging anyone for getting a post secondary education. If you believe that is the only metric for success you are mistaken.
It is not if I believe it, it is what the metrics bear out.

People with only a HS education and no post secondary education earn less than people who have a post secondary education.

College, trade school, apprenticeship are all post secondary education. I don’t divide them into college and not college as they are all post secondary education.

I am currently involved in the process of building a new Vocational and adult education building in my county. I’ve help start and grow vocational programs in our local high school.

Again, I’m not the one dividing people up.

So, what I’ve gotten from this thread so far is that red/green is a home schooling, college hating, gun toting, paranoid New Mexican that - oddest of all - blocks public bathrooms for entry because he fears they’re the main stalking ground for trans pedophiles.

Building out my mental register of HROT folk…did I get his right?

So, what I’ve gotten from this thread so far is that red/green is a home schooling, college hating, gun toting, paranoid New Mexican that - oddest of all - blocks public bathrooms for entry because he fears they’re the main stalking ground for trans pedophiles.

That’s fair.

He also doesn’t do a sweep of the bathroom before his daughters enter to save them from those trans pedophiles that were already lurking and hiding in the deep corners of the bathrooms

Reactions: ryan2144
He also doesn’t do a sweep of the bathroom before his daughters enter to save them from those trans pedophiles that were already lurking and hiding in the deep corners of the bathrooms

Every plan has its weakness…

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ryan2144
It is not if I believe it, it is what the metrics bear out.

People with only a HS education and no post secondary education earn less than people who have a post secondary education.

College, trade school, apprenticeship are all post secondary education. I don’t divide them into college and not college as they are all post secondary education.

I am currently involved in the process of building a new Vocational and adult education building in my county. I’ve help start and grow vocational programs in our local high school.

Again, I’m not the one dividing people up.
So in your estimation the only definition of success is reaping the rewards of a post secondary education.

ADVERTISEMENT