ADVERTISEMENT

This is why people hate the Houston Astros

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Ronel Blanco was ejected last night for having a sticky substance on the inside of his glove. The glove had been checked earlier in the game, but prior to Blanco taking the mound in the 4th umpire Laz Diaz checked it again and found the substance. All three other umpires were called in to confirm the foreign substance, and then Blanco was ejected.
Cheating is a pattern with them.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40148726/astros-ronel-blanco-ejected-foreign-substance-check

I was going to say that they need to start cheating the old fashioned way with steroids but it seems they might have incorporated that too

Reactions: MitchLL
02af710c-373a-41f1-a06e-0491a14fccc3_text.gif

Let's pretend that this was an innocent occurrence, it is still on Blanco to understand appearances and be responsible. He can't feel something sticky on his non pitching hand and discount it.
I don't believe his story.

Let's pretend that this was an innocent occurrence, it is still on Blanco to understand appearances and be responsible. He can't feel something sticky on his non pitching hand and discount it.
I don't believe his story.
Ump said it was the stickiest substance he had ever felt on a glove. It was no accident.

Cheating continues because the penalties when caught aren't harsh enough.

Astros still won the game. Should have been an automatic DQ especially when the 10 games he got is really only 2 for a starting pitcher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT