ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t going to end well (NIL and the transfer portal)

I expect you will show SP the loyalty he has shown iowa this year...you know vs 'show me the results'
You seem to want to stir the pot of anyone sharing concern about the direction the “college” game is heading. Most agree it’s fine for players to make money. However, this shouldn’t be pay for play and
go to the highest bidder. I don’t blame the players. I blame the NCAA ….

Reactions: warriors dad
You seem to want to stir the pot of anyone sharing concern about the direction the “college” game is heading. Most agree it’s fine for players to make money. However, this shouldn’t be pay for play and
go to the highest bidder. I don’t blame the players. I blame the NCAA ….

Well when most points "of concern" in this thread are laughable its hard to not stir the pot. .. take your post about loyalty... our current starting qb has been everything everyone wants out our student athletes... how many are going to show him loyalty when his happy feet return?

Or my other point when someone saying it's "liberalism"... I didn't know maximizing your profits was considered liberalism these days...

Reactions: littlez
I think a lot of people are going to have a change of heart regarding the Fran era once all the smoke clears. What’s coming to light now is the underbelly of college athletics. Everything unspoken previously is out in the open for everyone to see. And this is just the top of the iceberg.

I think a lot of people are going to have a change of heart regarding the Fran era once all the smoke clears. What’s coming to light now is the underbelly of college athletics. Everything unspoken previously is out in the open for everyone to see. And this is just the top of the iceberg.

Shannon needed to take summer classes at Tech to get enough credits to enroll at Michigan. Once he entered the portal, he was technically no longer on the team so Adams pulled his scholarship to get somebody to replace him. He needed to be able to fill his spot this spring/summer and couldn't have Shannon taking up a scholarship over the summer... especially since he voluntarily entered the portal.

Nothing on the Tech side was preventing Shannon from paying for his own classes... taking out a loan, etc. He could have ended up at Michigan if he really wanted to. Evidently Illinois didn't have as stringent of a credits required policy.

So isn't this going to destroy team chemistry? Someone makes millions and his starting teammate makes nothing. I would think with money would come an ego that will demand the ball during games.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
So you want to regulate how someone makes money? Just because it may ruin something you like?? You sound like a liberal
So you think only liberals are upset with the way NIL has resulted in utter chaos regarding college athletics? How totally woke of you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT