ADVERTISEMENT

This Japanese plan to "re-populate" rapidly emptying rural areas is interesting . . .

How many stock boys does Dollar General really need? To make this a good use of government uses.

Edit to add: I would love for some of you pansies to move out here. You get over how scary that firearm is REAL quick when you have to shoot a coyote/ Tom cat off your kittens or chickens.
None of that is any scarier than dealing with Milwaukee area traffic. At least u can predict how much damage a red neck with a gun can do.

Other than more things to do, better food, better entertainment, higher-paying jobs, bigger and better potential dating pool?

It's a freaking mystery Trad!
Add in walkable, bikeable living, exposure to more cultural opportunities, so on and so forth.

Reactions: BelemNole
Edit to add: I would love for some of you pansies to move out here. You get over how scary that firearm is REAL quick when you have to shoot a coyote/ Tom cat off your kittens or chickens.
Look at Barry Badass over here chasing off scrawny starving half-dogs 😂

2cc74t1.jpg

A great solution for California's homeless is for the state to buy them houses or pay their rent in small towns in the midwest and give them $1500/month to live there.

Yeah, you could get stabbed to death by someone from a new and unique culture! That's freaking awesome!
Honestly, I have no idea what it’s like to think like that.

I’ve lived in Chicago, LA, SF, Oakland, NYC, and never once had a thought like that.

What’s weird is the latent racism in your post. By “unique” I’m guessing you are imagining “non-white”. I hardly feel this is a stretch. Which then loads your comment with the implication that “non-white culture” is, naturally somehow, deserving of greater fear, that it is, naturally somehow more violent.

Never mind that there’s plenty of violence to be found in rural America.

Seriously, Trad.

I’ve lived in Chicago, LA, SF, Oakland, NYC, and never once had a thought like that.

What’s weird is the latent racism in your post. By “unique” I’m guessing you are imagining “non-white”. I hardly feel this is a stretch. Which then loads your comment with the implication that “non-white culture” is, naturally somehow, deserving of greater fear, that it is, naturally somehow more violent.

Seriously, Trad.
The other guy brought up "culture" that's a pretty lame attempt to paint someone as racist.

• Haha
Reactions: Rudolph

Seriously, Trad.

Dude, those British tourist are insane. And don't get me started on the Germans.

Seriously, Trad.
Anti-urban folks are generally small-minded and afraid. Note, I am not saying that about people who choose to live in the country or suburbs ---- lots of good, legit reasons to do so. But those who live there AND always feel it necessary to talk about "Chicago people" or tell us why no one should ever want to live in NYC or SF or LA --- those are the small-minded, scared folks. I do actually feel sorry for them. Being close-minded must suck, I can find things to love in communities ranging from tiny to little to mid-sized to large.

Reactions: Rudolph
Anti-urban folks are generally small-minded and afraid. Note, I am not saying that about people who choose to live in the country or suburbs ---- lots of good, legit reasons to do so. But those who live there AND always feel it necessary to talk about "Chicago people" or tell us why no one should ever want to live in NYC or SF or LA --- those are the small-minded, scared folks. I do actually feel sorry for them. Being close-minded must suck, I can find things to love in communities ranging from tiny to little to mid-sized to large.

I've lived in Miami. It sucked. Just STFU.

Seriously, TraTrad

Your post made me think of Kenny powers:

"I thought the Blacks in Baltimore* were bad, but, i gotta tell ya, they are nothing compared to these fags you have in San Francisco*".

Last edited:
Generally speaking people are people. Just more opportunities to run into bad ones in cities. Also more opportunities to run into good ones in cities.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT