ADVERTISEMENT

This just in: Fulton County grand jury subpoenas Sen. Graham, members of Trump’s legal team

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The special grand jury in Fulton County, Ga., investigating potential interference in the state’s 2020 election has issued subpoenas for Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and members of former president Donald Trump’s legal team, including Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman.
Also subpoenaed were Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro, Jenna Ellis and Jacki Pick Deason. The four, along with Giuliani and Eastman, were behind pushes by Trump and his team to baselessly claim that the election in Georgia had been fraudulent.
The subpoenas were filed Tuesday.
Graham, one of Trump’s closest allies in the Senate, is being subpoenaed because, according to the grand jury, he made “at least two telephone calls to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and members of his staff” in the weeks following the election.
During the calls, the jury says, Graham questioned Raffensperger about “reexamining certain absentee ballots” cast in the state “to explore the possibility of a more favorable outcome” for Trump. In the months since the election, it’s been reported that Graham personally vetted Trump’s fraud claims and was not convinced by them.
Still, the jury has found that the senator is a “necessary and material witness” in their investigation and is asking that he testify before the panel on July 12.
As for the members of Trump’s legal team, the jury has found that they, as lawyers, sought to influence the results of the election in Georgia and elsewhere.
The Fulton County grand jury investigating potential efforts to interfere in the 2020 election was first seated in May. So far, the jury has interviewed a slate of witnesses including Raffensperger and Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr.
Tuesday’s subpoenas, first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, were signed by Fulton Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who’s overseeing the grand jury.
Read more about these subpoenas here.

200w.gif

I have the feeling that the top Republicans in Georgia are more than happy to let the Fulton County DA do their dirty work for them. There is no reason the state couldn't be involved. I assume Georgia has an AG, or some similar post. Kemp, Duncan, and Raffensperger could have all been more robust, but, they weren't. In fact, I know Raffesnsperger said he'd only talk to Willis and her team if she was subpoenaed. Why not just freely meet with the investigators? Doesn't he care about a clean election?
If Willis successfully brings charges they can sit back. If she doesn't bring charges, or fails to get convictions, then she's a rogue Dem to assign blame to.

Lots of lawyers on that list. And, I'm being charitable by describing Rudy as a lawyer. Cleta. John. Jenna. Lindsey is a lawyer, too.
Wonder how they all wiggle to avoid talking about conversations they had with Trump in what is a criminal investigation? How does Lindsey get out of answering questions about conversations he had with Trump? Will his memory get sketchy? I hope he had a burner phone.

Hopefully these guys won't plead the 5th to every question, but unless they have proof, they are going to have to go on the record and under oath that there was no election fraud and that Trump lost the election. MAGAts will label them RINOs and they will lose their support. Not one of these guys (except maybe Rudy) would go to jail for Trump and will throw him under the bus to save their own skin.

Attorneys for Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said Wednesday that he would launch a court challenge to a subpoena to testify before a grand jury in Georgia’s Fulton County that is investigating Donald Trump’s potential criminal interference in the 2020 presidential election.
In a statement, Graham attorneys Bart Daniel and Matt Austin said the senator called the subpoena a “fishing expedition” and claimed any testimony from Graham would immediately be shared with the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection in Washington.
Court filings seeking testimony from Graham cite his conversations with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) after the election in which the two reportedly discussed the state’s absentee-ballot policies.
Graham’s lawyers said that as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Graham “was well within his rights to discuss with state officials the processes and procedures around administering elections.”
“Should it stand, the subpoena … would erode the constitutional balance of power and the ability of a Member of Congress to do their job,” the statement said. “Senator Graham plans to go to court, challenge the subpoena, and expect to prevail.”

Attorneys for Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said Wednesday that he would launch a court challenge to a subpoena to testify before a grand jury in Georgia’s Fulton County that is investigating Donald Trump’s potential criminal interference in the 2020 presidential election.
In a statement, Graham attorneys Bart Daniel and Matt Austin said the senator called the subpoena a “fishing expedition” and claimed any testimony from Graham would immediately be shared with the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection in Washington.
Court filings seeking testimony from Graham cite his conversations with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) after the election in which the two reportedly discussed the state’s absentee-ballot policies.
Graham’s lawyers said that as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Graham “was well within his rights to discuss with state officials the processes and procedures around administering elections.”
“Should it stand, the subpoena … would erode the constitutional balance of power and the ability of a Member of Congress to do their job,” the statement said. “Senator Graham plans to go to court, challenge the subpoena, and expect to prevail.”

He's got a lot to hide

Squealing like a stuck pig. I'm surprised he didn't mention CRT or Hunter Biden.
From what I have heard Graham is going to spread a broad exemption over himself stating he has congressional immunity because he was doing legitimate work of Congress. Not sure how he will swing that.

Reactions: cigaretteman

Interesting analysis on Lib TV by a former federal prosecutor, he said he thinks that the DoJ is going to punt to Georgia, and share information and resources if charges are brought there. A federal case against Trump would be stickier, and more likely to be drawn out. So, Lindsey and his lawyer might already have wind of something when they complained about the Feds helping Willis.

"Hey can you check the ballots for signature authentication?" No... because this was the most fair and honest election in history. Okay well, are you sure? I just want confirmation, that the signatures match so we can put this thing to rest... Nope, not gonna happen thanks for calling. ..this totally needs a grand jury

Chis, do you have any sources who aren't bloggers or tweeters? You know, people who might actually have factual information instead of guesses and speculation? I realize they could end up being right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

For the record, I do hope Trump is indicted, and convicted. The endless speculation without action serves no good purpose though.

Chis, do you have any sources who aren't bloggers or tweeters? You know, people who might actually have factual information instead of guesses and speculation? I realize they could end up being right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

For the record, I do hope Trump is indicted, and convicted. The endless speculation without action serves no good purpose though.
Generally what I post is passing on the information and or links included. This account has always been legit but here you go

Reactions: ping72
Generally what I post is passing on the information and or links included. This account has always been legit but here you go

Great. Thank you. See, you don't really need all those other tweets that are adding nothing factual.

Lib TV says that Georgia Congressman Jody Hice hs been subpoenaed, and he is pushing to get a hearing in a federal court.
The law and order party sure is sweating bullets.

Reactions: Joes Place
I still cannot wrap my head around Senate Judiciary Committee member running from a subpoena. He isn't saying it's frivolous, he's saying he shouldn't have to talk period due to his being in Congress, and he was doing legitimate business. Well, if it was legitimate you should want to share what you learned. And, you are not a target. Willis has identified the targets.
Unless, you are really scared you, or your orange overlord, will become a target.

I still cannot wrap my head around Senate Judiciary Committee member running from a subpoena. He isn't saying it's frivolous, he's saying he shouldn't have to talk period due to his being in Congress, and he was doing legitimate business. Well, if it was legitimate you should want to share what you learned. And, you are not a target. Willis has identified the targets.
Unless, you are really scared you, or your orange overlord, will become a target.
Graham said he's going to comply.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/19/sen...subpoena-in-trump-election-meddling-case.html

Grudgingly, and with conditions that seem to exist only in his head. Maybe someone took him aside and told him he has a s*** hand. He likes to grandstand. He got hystericallyl weepy during the Ketanji Brown Jackson hearing, so he enjoys a good spectacle.
Those folks are going to have to answer the subpoena. They can plead the 5th, but not showing up, or claiming some imaginary protection isn't going to happen.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT