ADVERTISEMENT

This just in: Georgia 2020 election inquiry may lead to prison sentences, prosecutor says

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The prosecutor investigating efforts by Donald Trump and his allies to challenge the 2020 election results in Georgia said this week that her team has heard credible allegations that serious crimes have been committed and that she believes some individuals may see jail time.
The Post’s Matthew Brown and Tom Hamburger have details from an interview with Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis:
“The allegations are very serious. If indicted and convicted, people are facing prison sentences,” Willis said.
No decision will be made for months on whether there will be indictments — and, most notably, if Trump himself will face charges. At least 17 people have been notified they are targets of the criminal investigation, meaning they could eventually face charges. And more targets will be added to the list soon, Willis said in an interview this week in her Atlanta office.
Willis would not discuss any of the targets by name and has not said if she’s willing to charge the former president. Trump could be called to appear as a witness before the special grand jury that was convened this spring as part of the investigation, Willis said Tuesday.
“A decision is going to have to be made,” she said on whether to seek Trump’s testimony, “and I imagine it’s going to be made late this fall.”
You can read the full story here.

Is it imminent? Wait.... the article says it will be months before indictments might happen.

What's taking so long? Jeesh.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Chis, is that "imminent" using the traditional definition, or "imminent" using the Matt Gaetz standard? Seems like your twitter sources like to play fast and loose with the word "imminent".

As for me, I can always hope one of your sources will be correct when it comes to Trump or Gaetz getting indicted for something.
Fair question. But don't blame me for this disaster I voted for the email lady.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT