ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

FTNQ-QVWIAAZpVC

Wonder if they got these confused with the self propelled guns. These are the weapons for which Germany did not have Switzerland's permission to supply the ammo. Hope the Swiss changed their minds or some other country decided to supply the ammo. Of course, who knows what the situation will be in two months when they say these will finally be delivered-supposedly.

Hmmm....

"Is the Su-57 a failure?

Westerns analysts have concluded that Russia's fifth-generation Sukhoi Su-57 stealth fighter is unlikely to enter operational service before 2027. Postponements, cost-overruns and research and development-related problems mar the project. This should come as no surprise. The Su-57 program was never really viable.Oct 13, 2021"

Reactions: mnole03 and HawkMD
Then people will starve unless the west clears the way for the exports.

I would have to believe that crop production in Ukraine has already been hampered enough to cause future food shortages in the poorest nations,... They can't export what doesn't exist.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
I would have to believe that crop production in Ukraine has already been hampered enough to cause future food shortages in the poorest nations,... They can't export what doesn't exist.
It "exists"

It is stuck in ports and unable to be transported.

I love this.

"A Ukrainian official has said that the U.S. is working on a plan to target Russia's Black Sea Fleet to free up ports whose blockade by Moscow threatens world food supplies.

With Ukraine one of the world's biggest suppliers of grain, there are fears the blocking by Russia of the ports that allow the distribution of the food will spur a global food shortage.

On Friday, Ukrainian ministry of internal affairs adviser Anton Gerashchenko tweeted that the U.S. "is preparing a plan to destroy the Black Sea Fleet."

NEWSWEEK NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP >
"The effective work of the Ukrainians on warships convinced (the USA) to prepare a plan to unblock the ports," he said. "Deliveries of powerful anti-ship weapons (Harpoon and Naval Strike Missile with a range of 250-300 km) are being discussed."

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-black-sea-missiles-putin-gerashchenko-harpoon-1708449

Then people will starve unless the west clears the way for the exports.
True....and international pressure on Ukraine to capitulate will start to materialize. Don't see Zelensky giving in to that....don't see US, GB or Eastern European resolve weakening either....everybody else?

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
You mean something like a disinformation panel?
I didn't realize this was going on.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/politics/dhs-disinformation-board-paused/index.html

(CNN)The disinformation expert hired to run the Department of Homeland Security's newly created disinformation board has resigned after the department paused the board.
Nina Jankowicz, a disinformation expert with experience working on Ukraine and Russia issues, was tapped to helm the "Disinformation Governance Board" earlier this month. The interagency team was meant to coordinate department activities related to disinformation aimed at the US population and infrastructure.
But Jankowicz's appointment quickly drew condemnation from GOP lawmakers and right-wing media, who pointed to her past tweets and statements regarding Hunter Biden's laptop and Christopher Steele, the author of the so-called Steele Dossier. Jankowicz told CNN on Wednesday evening that she resigned because the board's future was uncertain.

The referendum was not legitimate. Any referendum questioning the national sovereignty within internationally recognized borders is illegitimate on its face.
You might be right about the international law. I was referring to the actual vote might have been legitimate, meaning the vote count, because the people there identify as Russians, mostly. I'm not sure there is a precedent, exactly. Imagine, millions of people were told one day they are no longer part of the country they grew up in, and then years later were given a vote to rejoin.

You might be right about the international law. I was referring to the actual vote might have been legitimate, meaning the vote count, because the people there identify as Russians, mostly. I'm not sure there is a precedent, exactly. Imagine, millions of people were told one day they are no longer part of the country they grew up in, and then years later were given a vote to rejoin.
Crimea has been part of Ukraine for decades (since 1954 to be exact).

Reactions: HawkMD
So the recent scenarios that look pessimistic for this area may not just be propaganda in this case. Damn!

I'm referring to lost current production,.. Ukraine is ripe for losing the majority of an entire growing season and the cost of this will eventually materialize.
All of Ukraine is not a war zone. Zelensky has stressed to farmers to get into the fields where they can. It will be reduced for sure, but I have some hopes. The destruction of stockpiles and port facilities, coupled with reports of Russia laying mines is a bigger worry to me.

Reactions: HawkMD and torbee
Crimea has been part of Ukraine for decades (since 1954 to be exact).
Well, there's a difference between being basically a state in the USSR and being an entirely separate country. There were 14 former USSR countries. Most of those have their own ethnicities and Russians just happen to live there but are a small part of the population. Crimea and the Donbas areas are unique in that it's almost entirely Russians, people of Russian ethnicity and that identify as Russians. Zelensky said early on his problem was that there are a small minority of Ukrainians that live there.

Well, there's a difference between being basically a state in the USSR and being an entirely separate country. There were 14 former USSR countries. Most of those have their own ethnicities and Russians just happen to live there but are a small part of the population. Crimea and the Donbas areas are unique in that it's almost entirely Russians, people of Russian ethnicity and that identify as Russians. Zelensky said early on his problem was that there are a small minority of Ukrainians that live there.
So....as soon as Hispanics make up a majority anywhere in America, we're handing those territories and cities over to Mexico?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT