ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

The Armed Forces of Ukraine are actively using the Czech 122-mm RM-70 multiple rocket launcher already and the increased number of videos shot by Ukraine’s fighters is the evidence of that.

The information that these vehicles got to the Armed Forces of Ukraine appeared about a month ago, however, no further information was provided regarding the number of vehicles or their modification.
Even though the rocket caliber of RM-70 and BM-21 is the same, the Czech multiple rocket launcher has some peculiar advantages.

First of all the chassis, which has been switched from Ural-375 to Tatra 813 in the 60-70s. Simply replacing the chassis with a full-fledged 8x8 high-throughput with a better engine has already given obvious advantages.

And most importantly, it allowed to place a system of automatic charging of the entire payload. To do this, between the cabin and the guides there are additional 40 missiles. To reload the payload, the launcher is rotated 180 degrees and the new shells are pushed by the hydraulic system. The time of such recharging takes a few minutes, while the manual charging of BM-21 easily takes an hour.

It significantly reduces the interval between volleys, which is extremely important during modern counterbattery combat.

Reactions: Joes Place
Zelensky is right. It only ends thru diplomacy. That’s why the US needs to get actively involved to find a real solution. Even if Ukraine were to drive Russia back temporarily it doesn’t mean it’s over.
Nice try. He means diplomacy while Ukraine cedes zero territory to Russia.

I know you and some others on here would love to see Russia keep some Ukrainian land, but that's not going to happen unless Ukraine agrees to it, and Ukraine is not going to agree to it any time soon.

Hmmm

Zelensky reveals they’re sustaining heavy casualties and says only diplomacy can end the war on the same day?

Probably not a coincidence
You think Ukraine is going to agree to cede any territory to Russia or agree to a cease fire right after lend-lease has been signed into law?

Zelensky also said no Ukrainian territory to Russia. He's saying diplomacy to placate the western European and American appeasement crowd.

I have no doubt that at some point in time some document will be signed which ends the war.

Last edited:
You think Ukraine is going to agree to cede any territory to Russia or agree to a cease fire right after lend-lease has been signed into law?

Zelensky also said no Ukrainian territory to Russia. He's saying diplomacy to placate the western European and American appeasement crowd.

I have no doubt that at some point in time some document will be signed which ends the war.
Don’t know what to think. Lots of mixed messages the last couple weeks.

Admitting to that heavy of a loss rate was an eye opener.

Hmmm

Zelensky reveals they’re sustaining heavy casualties and says only diplomacy can end the war on the same day?

Probably not a coincidence

Maybe also not a coincidence that the $40b aid package was just approved. It doesn't have to be anything nefarious on Zelensky's part. He has to be careful what he says for his country. I doubt he says much controversial without running it thru Washington. I thought the same thing when he called out Macron, Biden must be pissed at Macron (not 100% sure about that one).

Last edited:
Maybe also not a coincidence that the $40b aid package was just signed. It doesn't have to be anything nefarious on Zelensky's part. He has to be careful what he says for his country. I doubt he says much controversial without running it thru Washington. I thought the same thing when he called out Macron, Biden must be pissed (not 100% sure about that one).

Biden doesn't remember what he had for breakfast. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Biden doesn't remember what he had for breakfast. I wouldn't worry about that too much.
And the US screwed France out of their submarine deal with Australia so Biden was most likely not a fan. Now I am seeing why they probably deserved it. (Supplying weapons parts to Russia and slow playing heavy equipment aid.)

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
FTZEV_RVsAACTnU

Russia is losing 2x-3x times that number, with a smaller and less well-equipped force.

Ukraine can keep this up far longer than Putin can.
Not necessarily. Russia is losing cannon fodder ukraine may be losing its most experienced fighters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT