ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I absolutely love Ukraine.

Me too. Would love to get an apartment in Kiev. There's a guy I follow on Youtube, JohnyFD got an apartment there for $120k just last year, sweet right in the city center. He came back a few weeks ago. It looks like the city is pretty much back to normal, traffic, restaurants open, people walking.

Reactions: Torg
Russia is losing 2x-3x times that number, with a smaller and less well-equipped force.

Ukraine can keep this up far longer than Putin can.
2x-3x by Ukrainian estimates.

Probably an overestimate of Russian losses and giving a low end amount of their own. Probably closer to the 2x number. Don’t think it’s as lopsided as we’d like to believe

I think the stalemate with small Russian advances in Luhansk bares that out.

should ukraine change strategy in any way in light of putin’s serious health issues? i can’t necessarily think of anything but it seems like this news should make a difference.

Reactions: ericram and h-hawk

US considering putting special forces troops in Ukraine to protect our embassy.

I am surprised this is even debated as usually the military (I think almost always Marines) does guard our embassies.

US considering putting special forces troops in Ukraine to protect our embassy.

I am surprised this is even debated as usually the military (I think almost always Marines) does guard our embassies.
Navy seals could technically be Marines.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
FTb6IGiWAAILSbN
FTb5riBXwAETxL1

"New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Monday that her country would deploy an extra 30 defense force personnel to the United Kingdom to support the training of Ukrainian armed forces.

The soldiers will be stationed in the United Kingdom until the end of July," Ardern said.
They will train Ukrainian soldiers on how to use the L-119 light gun, she added.

The troops, training ammunition and surplus equipment including aiming systems will be moved in an airlift coordinated by the UK.

This follows a previous deployment of 66 New Zealand defense force personnel in April along with a Royal New Zealand Air Force C-130 Hercules."

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-new...s-05-22-22/h_83b4a9351a9664d69d86b19f49a96f71

This appears to be a big deal if accurate.

The M142 HIMARS (High Mobility Artillery Rocket System) is a mobile launch rocket/missile system manufactured by the American company Lockheed Martin. It is a wheeled version of the M270 which is mounted on a tracked chassis. It is designed to support joint early and forced entry expeditionary operations with high-volume destructive, suppressive, and counter-battery fires.

The M142 HIMARS is based on M1140 FMTV light military truck chassis. The rear of the truck can be fitted with six rockets or one MGM-140 ATACMS surface-to-surface missile.

The M142 HIMARS has also a crew of three and it is twice as lighter than the M270 with a weight of 16,240 kg. It can be easily transported by military transport aircraft C-130 or C-17 with 3 loaded or 4 empty M142 HIMARS.

The M142 HIMARS is able to fire different types of rockets at a range of up to 70 km, including the M26 / M26A2Er Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions (DPICM), M30 GMLRS DPICM, M31 / M31A1 / m31A2 GMLRS Unitary (GMLRS-U), M30A1 / M30A2 GMLRS Alternative Warhead (GMLRS AW), XM404 /XM403 ER GMLRS RS Unitary and the M28A1 / M28A2 Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket (LCRRPR).

The ATACMS is a family of surface-to-surface missiles including the MGM-140B previously named M39A1 which is a guided missile carrying 275 M74 sub-munitions and has a range of 165 km. The M48 Quick Reaction Unitary is a guided missile carrying a 225 kg explosive warhead used to engage a single target with minimal collateral damage with a range from 70 to 300 km. The M57 ATACMS 2000 Unitary (T2K) is fitted with a single warhead and a range from 70 to 300 km. The missile has an improved Navigation and Guidance capability, an all-in-view GPS receiver, an improved Control Actuator System (CAS) and Electronic Control Unit (EUC), and a more reliable, repeatable fuse.

Cool stop frame video of some sort of directed shell hitting.

Ukraine grudgingly gives up land while appearing to be bleeding the Russians dry.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT