ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

FWPqBjzXgAI5wKJ

Nice name or slogan.
"The tank howitzers from Germany and the Netherlands really heat up the Russians. There is no time for looting and raping, the Ivans have to take action."

I'm done being afraid of Putin's nuclear weapons. I can't stand to sit back and watch this continue on and on with innocent civilians and children being ruthlessly slaughtered for Putin's ego. It's time for the US, Poland, GB, or someone to just give or help Ukraine with whatever they need to drive Russia out of their borders.

Administration probably wants to avoid that...
I don't think the US has enough assets to pull off a coordinated search and seizure operation. We'd need to accurately track the vessels leaving with the seized grain. Now, picking them up transiting the Bosporous would probably be easy, but unless the Turks participate it gets harder the farther out to sea they get. I assume a lot of the traffic would hug the Turkish coast and then dock in Syria.
We'd need a coordinated NATO operation. Or, invite in other navies, but that takes time. But, yeah, I'd love to see seized ships just be sent to Egypt, Eritrea, Somalia, Kenya... and offloaded. Tell them it's compliments of the free world, and please deposit your payment into whatever account Ukraine requests.

Reactions: torbee
I don't think the US has enough assets to pull off a coordinated search and seizure operation. We'd need to accurately track the vessels leaving with the seized grain. Now, picking them up transiting the Bosporous would probably be easy, but unless the Turks participate it gets harder the farther out to sea they get. I assume a lot of the traffic would hug the Turkish coast and then dock in Syria.
We'd need a coordinated NATO operation. Or, invite in other navies, but that takes time. But, yeah, I'd love to see seized ships just be sent to Egypt, Eritrea, Somalia, Kenya... and offloaded. Tell them it's compliments of the free world, and please deposit your payment into whatever account Ukraine requests.
I think we could do it but since the West doesn't want to confront Russia directly, they won't. There are tweets with the photos of the ships carrying grain so it is probably pretty obvious to our intelligence services.
But it is interesting that they had that story a couple of months ago about NATO member commandos practicing taking over ships. (I think back then they were trying to come up with a way to rescue the people in the Mariupol factory-just my opinion.)

As many of us probably thought - bad but not as terrible as first thought.

I'm done being afraid of Putin's nuclear weapons. I can't stand to sit back and watch this continue on and on with innocent civilians and children being ruthlessly slaughtered for Putin's ego. It's time for the US, Poland, GB, or someone to just give or help Ukraine with whatever they need to drive Russia out of their borders.
At least you are consistent with your emotional, short sighted positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT