ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

CNN)A leading Russian scientist in hypersonic flight was arrested on suspicion of treason on Friday, according to Russian state media.
Dr Alexander Shiplyuk, director of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences' Siberian Branch, is the third Russian scientist this summer to be arrested on suspicion of treason.
The institute's scientific director Vasily Fomin told the Russian news agency TASS that Shiplyuk was sent to the Lefortovo pre-trial detention center in Moscow.
His detention comes after the arrest on June 27 of the chief researcher of the institute, Anatoly Maslov, who is suspected of transferring state secret data related to hypersonic missiles.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/euro...-scientist-arrest-treason-hnk-intl/index.html

Reactions: HawkMD
CNN)A leading Russian scientist in hypersonic flight was arrested on suspicion of treason on Friday, according to Russian state media.
Dr Alexander Shiplyuk, director of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences' Siberian Branch, is the third Russian scientist this summer to be arrested on suspicion of treason.
The institute's scientific director Vasily Fomin told the Russian news agency TASS that Shiplyuk was sent to the Lefortovo pre-trial detention center in Moscow.
His detention comes after the arrest on June 27 of the chief researcher of the institute, Anatoly Maslov, who is suspected of transferring state secret data related to hypersonic missiles.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/euro...-scientist-arrest-treason-hnk-intl/index.html
"Kolker was detained on state treason charges for allegedly collaborating with China's security services, Reuters reported."

so the cinese stole even from their buddies

FZiHy_lXgAIWf8n

Reactions: noleclone2
"The work of the shock drone of the 80th ODSH Brigade. From the video you can find out the location of the DPR in Pisky. Coordinates 48.0645848, 37.6621581"

Victim shaming by Amnesty International. I’ve seen it all now. Seemingly few people on Earth that Terrorist #1 Vladimir Putin or his willing operatives in the West cannot bribe, threaten, or blackmail.

Does this dumbass report/er suggest Ukrainians should fight only in open fields? Or that Russia wouldnt target civilians / civilian homes if they did?

Laughable. Idiotic.

Reporters/journalists tend to be easily influenced or malleable. Just the way they’re wired.

Parroting Kremlin talking points though?

Kremlin: we have to bomb civilian water, communications, utilities, homes, etc…the people resisting our terrorism and ethnic cleansing are there.

Amnesty International: yeah what the Kremlin said.

Reporters/journalists tend to be easily influenced or malleable. Just the way they’re wired.
That’s a rather sweeping generalization. What I see are propagandists at work, some people who are trying to get a story out, some who are malleable for a variety of reasons, and a lot of hard edged reporters. Lots of journalists in harms way.
We are also finding out that both Russia and Ukraine are pushing out their narratives. The Ukrainians are excellent at it, and sympathetic. Russians are just pukes and working their tried and true sources to push misinformation.

I wonder if the focused push in one region is a signal that Russia feels it’s window to succeed is smaller than originally thought, and shrinking?
I think that is true and that originally they thought they had the eastern areas they wanted for the most part and could hold on to the South too. But now they have been forced to take forces from the East in an attempt to hold the South. Indications are that Ukraine continues to slowly push the Russians out of the northeast, hold their own but still losing some territory directly East, and are making a bid to move south along their coast, which to me is the major area they need to reclaim so they can get their ports and industries there back.
Does Ukraine have the skill and forces to keep pressure on Russia in these 3 main areas?

As an aside, I wonder if they have not gone after the super bridge from Russia yet because 1) they want to give the Russians an out if they can push the Orcs out of Crimea, or 2) they are waiting for more Russians to move into Crimea then blowing it so they can't get out at all:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT