ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I wonder if the focused push in one region is a signal that Russia feels it’s window to succeed is smaller than originally thought, and shrinking?
I think we've seen them slim down their operational focus for the last couple months.

Things are definitely swinging in Ukraine's direction...just wish it was faster. Looks like Russia is going to make it to winter with a lot of territory still in their hands :(

Reactions: h-hawk

This is a very interesting statement by Ukrainian diplomat. Perhaps letting it be known that they would accept his and Turkey’s involvement in peace talks? Or maybe just brown nosing to an ally to the south they need.

Reactions: HawkMD and h-hawk
Insane when you consider how close to Russia and Crimea and all of their own troops. Likely a bluff. But then again, they are clearly not the brightest.
Yeah last I checked winds typically blow from west (Ukraine) to East (the disputed Donbas region and ultimately Russia). In winter they would blow south towards Crimea. Talk about self inflicted pain. Rostov on Don and Volgograd would, I assume, get tons of radiation should it come to that.

This is the equivalent of a toddler threatening to break a toy because they don’t want anyone else to have it.

They are out of their f*cking minds.

Honestly the last line rings so true and makes me think they are at the anger stage in grief for their impending loss of entire war. We are getting a lot of erratic statements coming out of Russia mouth pieces now. Like more outlandish and erratic than ever. Like the guy who went on their state propaganda news show and claimed they were coming for Germany next and were going to kill everybody.

Me thinks the pain is starting to really show. The economy is clearly cratering as supplies they depend on from west trickle in and the war is all but lost. Their allies are North Korea, Syria and Iran. Their army is depleted and not coming back for decades if ever. 40K dead troops.

It is a lot to handle because they, top to bottom, Putin to foot soldier with parade uniform packed up, thought the war would be easy and over fast and their status in the world elevated. Historians will say this is a classic example when you have a system of sycophants and propagandists, incapable of telling the truth out of fear, making up stuff. They all believed their own made up stories. They felt war would be easy and west would never slap them with sanctions as hard as they did. And they for sure thought west would not send weapons because they were weak. And then the exact opposite happened.

The Ukraine's shocked them with their defense capabilities and fighting. The west pimp slapped them with sanctions. And the west really ruined Putin's year when they said "F U Putler" when he declared sending weapons would be consider an act of was and they proceeded to ignore send billions upon billion of weapons and ammo now being used to kill Russians daily.

So here we are now approaching 5 months and they have in essence already lost, their military has been exposed as not even top 25 worthy, the country they coveted will not be theirs, and they have destroyed their economy. both short and long term since Europe will never again be dependent on their oil and gas. They have been exposed as a third world nation with a third world army. Putler's dreams of swaggering around economic summits as a leader of a country on par with world powers of the west is now reduced to groveling for drones and troops with Iran and North Korea.

Cliff's notes; They mad.

Last edited:
Yeah last I checked winds typically blow from west (Ukraine) to East (the disputed Donbas region and ultimately Russia). In winter they would blow south towards Crimea. Talk about self inflicted pain. Rostov on Don and Volgograd would, I assume, get tons of radiation should it come to that.

This is the equivalent of a toddler threatening to break a toy because they don’t want anyone else to have it.

So, fits perfectly for Putin’s mindset?

Western leaders need to unequivocally state: Do this and EVERY Russian national gets deported back to Russia.

All their assets are confiscated and they can live out their lives in Russia, isolated.

They can apply for citizenship in other countries, but good luck with that.

EDIT: And list Russia as a "terrorist state" so that NO Russian diplomat or leader can leave that country, EVER.

Last edited:
I was thinking of this too though had only heard of the concept of the "open city" where one side conceded and left the area to save the city from destruction.
I think the UN and NATO should insist on this.

FZpNrKIXEAAtM-y

Reactions: HawkMD

"Precarious supply lines – according to Samus – are sapping the effectiveness of Moscow’s troops near Kherson, no matter how much Moscow tried to reinforce its position there.

“Quite the opposite: the more forces they deploy there, the more resources they require,” Samus added.

“They would need more and more fuel and ammunition – which are being constantly annihilated by our HIMARS (U.S.-made rocket artillery systems). Eventually, they will remain nothing but a mob, with no rounds and no fuel; their equipment will be inoperable, and their presence there will be extinguished by the Ukrainian army.”

I wonder if the reported conduct of Russia mining the plant with explosives will elicit a direct response by NATO. I know we are loathe to put boots on the ground, but avoiding nuclear terrorism goes beyond this being just a military operation. Are special forces deployed in conjunction with pinpoint aerial support?

Last edited:
I LIKE IT!!! LOL They'll have to bribe the inspectors which would be easy if they were Russians and not Turks.

🇷🇺
VS
🇺🇦
According to various sources the Ukrainians are planning to use a grain ship to put one or more missile launcher containers in it and target the Crimean bridge! (Illustrative photos)

Reactions: HawkMD and lucas80
I LIKE IT!!! LOL They'll have to bribe the inspectors which would be easy if they were Russians and not Turks.

🇷🇺
VS
🇺🇦
According to various sources the Ukrainians are planning to use a grain ship to put one or more missile launcher containers in it and target the Crimean bridge! (Illustrative photos)

"Various Sources" = Russian Propaganda, to give them a predicate for targeting grain shipments.

I wonder if the reported conduct of Russia mining the plant with explosives will elicit a direct response by NATO. I know we are loathe to put boots on the ground, but avoiding a nuclear terrorism goes beyond this being just a military operation. Are special forces deployed in conjunction with pinpoint aerial support?
I know this is crazy and we would have to somehow protect the plant personnel, but I was wondering if some sort of gas to incapacitate the Russians could be used. After they were out of the way whoever did it could declare it the military free zone mentioned already and then invite in trustworthy custodians assigned by the UN.

Reactions: HawkMD
I know this is crazy and we would have to somehow protect the plant personnel, but I was wondering if some sort of gas to incapacitate the Russians could be used. After they were out of the way whoever did it could declare it the military free zone mentioned already and then invite in trustworthy custodians assigned by the UN.
If by gas you mean bullets from snipers... Unfortunately, there is no good way out of this.

I wonder if the reported conduct of Russia mining the plant with explosives will elicit a direct response by NATO. I know we are loathe to put boots on the ground, but avoiding nuclear terrorism goes beyond this being just a military operation. Are special forces deployed in conjunction with pinpoint aerial support?
Do it. Get those dumb Fuchs out of there. Let’s not wait around for the worst to happen so that afterwards we are all wondering why we collectively as NATO didn’t do more.

What changed? This wouldn't have been in the news a month ago.

If anyone knows that doesn't work it is the Russians. Reference below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

• Sad
Honestly the last line rings so true and makes me think they are at the anger stage in grief for their impending loss of entire war. We are getting a lot of erratic statements coming out of Russia mouth pieces now. Like more outlandish and erratic than ever. Like the guy who went on their state propaganda news show and claimed they were coming for Germany next and were going to kill everybody.

Me thinks the pain is starting to really show. The economy is clearly cratering as supplies they depend on from west trickle in and the war is all but lost. Their allies are North Korea, Syria and Iran. Their army is depleted and not coming back for decades if ever. 40K dead troops.

It is a lot to handle because they, top to bottom, Putin to foot soldier with parade uniform packed up, thought the war would be easy and over fast and their status in the world elevated. Historians will say this is a classic example when you have a system of sycophants and propagandists, incapable of telling the truth out of fear, making up stuff. They all believed their own made up stories. They felt war would be easy and west would never slap them with sanctions as hard as they did. And they for sure thought west would not send weapons because they were weak. And then the exact opposite happened.

The Ukraine's shocked them with their defense capabilities and fighting. The west pimp slapped them with sanctions. And the west really ruined Putin's year when they said "F U Putler" when he declared sending weapons would be consider an act of was and they proceeded to ignore send billions upon billion of weapons and ammo now being used to kill Russians daily.

So here we are now approaching 5 months and they have in essence already lost, their military has been exposed as not even top 25 worthy, the country they coveted will not be theirs, and they have destroyed their economy. both short and long term since Europe will never again be dependent on their oil and gas. They have been exposed as a third world nation with a third world army. Putler's dreams of swaggering around economic summits as a leader of a country on par with world powers of the west is now reduced to groveling for drones and troops with Iran and North Korea.

Cliff's notes; They mad.
Seems pretty accurate. What a clown show, but with real consequences for civilians and infrastructure in Ukraine.

What changed? This wouldn't have been in the news a month ago.
Russia issuing more propaganda and lies.

Russia issuing more propaganda and lies.
That certainly wouldn't have been a headline a short time ago. Also, Friedman of the NY Times writing critically about the Zelensky admin, that wouldn't have happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT