ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I'm sure some of the soldiers who fought Germany instead of Japan in WW2 had your same too narrow view of military power.
I think the keyboard warriors on this Board that believe there should be american boots on the ground in Ukraine should put their cowardly feet in those boots and get over there.

The biggest mistake we have repeatedly made since ww2 is sending our troops to fight wars that the locals should be fighting themselves.

This is Ukrainians war to fight. We should provide support.

Russia is getting worried.
Does he understand the definition of world war?

Now he could fall back on the we'll shoot our nuclear weapons threat, but having Syria, Iran, and Belarus as your big supporters does not a world war make. And IF a world war is coming, it wouldn't be allies defending Ukraine who started it. That blame lies squarely in Moscow.

"Satellite Internet plays a key role in Ukraine's defensive struggle. Europe has not yet had its own offer. That should change – also with the help of German start-ups. Tomorrow the decision is to be made in Brussels, the paper is available to
@handelsblatt"

Reactions: HawkMD
"France has decided to transport to Ukraine VAB-type "commercial quantities" the French can transport up to 1600 vehicles at present. This is an ADF that entered service in 1976."

With that many, I hope France sends at least 100.

I think the keyboard warriors on this Board that believe there should be american boots on the ground in Ukraine should put their cowardly feet in those boots and get over there.

The biggest mistake we have repeatedly made since ww2 is sending our troops to fight wars that the locals should be fighting themselves.

I don't want any US ground troops involved directly in Ukraine.
However, I think we should mark up some US aircraft to appear to be Ukranian and start bombing the crap out of Russian positions. Russia denies everything. Can't the US do that too?

I'm not saying it's a good idea to risk US pilots and it's probably not a practical idea but I can still wish for it.

Reactions: Torg and h-hawk
I know you already had a sarcastic comment but I'm so confused why the Security Council has so much power. I can't wait to complain about this to Russia and watch Russia punish themselves. Even if they all (including China) said that Russia was guilty, Russia just gets to veto.

The security council needs to be redone with new countries that aren't selected for winning a war 80b years ago AND have new rules... or abolish the security council.

Remove Russia and add Nigeria for a permanent nation.
Would the US submit to a Security Council in the UN it couldn’t veto?

The Security Council needs to be modified so that the permanent members don't have single vote veto power. I think a modification to require two permanent members would be good. Wouldn't necessarily help in this case since China would likely be on Russia's side. But it would be a step in the right direction. The single vote veto rule gives way too much power and prevents the UN from actually doing their job.

Me too...throw in China as well. Security council is basically worthless with veto power. Russians learned their lesson on the Korean "police action" vote 70 years ago....
At that time the Soviets were boycotting the Security Council because the US insisted the nationalists retain the seat, although the commies controlled China at that point.

You may find this article in the Atlantic interesting:

Having largely gotten away with the takeover of the breakaway Georgian regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008, Putin saw the Libya intervention as the result of a chain of revolutions followed by Western military interventions that could eventually reach him. And he saw in Gaddafi someone who had accepted the West’s terms and yet nevertheless paid the price, a fate that could ultimately await him. The lesson is a dire one for Ukraine: In Putin’s current worldview, backing down or making any concessions is a death sentence.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
  • The exact details of the trilateral deal have not been revealed.

200.gif

Maybe the Swedes struck a deal to ship Erdogan their troublemakers.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
Wheels got greased. Turkey has agreed to admit Finland and Sweden.

Gee I wonder why they would ever want to enter a military alliance to deter Russian aggression? Hmmmm

Now for the idiotstick Russian Disinfo spreading apologists framing this as a gross violation against Russia necessitating the expansion of their war on Europe. These people suck.

Whenever “Russian civilization” contributed to humanity that time is long since over. F them.

Presumably describing it as 'indiscriminate attacks on innocent civilians' polls more effectively than, 'their missiles have shitty accuracy'.

So apparently the mall is next to a rather big machine factory, there are multiple huge halls in the close proximity. Reportedly RU used Kh-22 in the attack, which AFAIK is radar guided and only good enough to hit huge contrasting ground targets - and from many such objects in the targeted area, it choose the mall building...

Using inaccurate weapons in a highly dense residential/shopping area -- regardless of proximity to a legitimate target -- is by definition "indiscriminate."

Not a single person has said they want American troops in Ukraine.

Take your dumb and deranged posts elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT