ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Trump thought...

Bonerfarts

HR Legend
Nov 15, 2015

By 2-1, GOP and GOP-leaning voters now say they want Trump's policies but a different standard-bearer to carry them. While 31% want the former president to run, 61% prefer some other Republican nominee who would continue the policies Trump has pursued.

By 2-1, GOP and GOP-leaning voters now say they want Trump's policies but a different standard-bearer to carry them. While 31% want the former president to run, 61% prefer some other Republican nominee who would continue the policies Trump has pursued.
Good.

Hopefully this will cause the Democratic party to evolve as well.

If Trump backed candidates were winning their elections these numbers would be reversed. They don't care about who leads them or how corrupt the leaders are, they just want to win. Trump is less popular with conservatives now that moderates/independents are rejecting him.

So only policies that help the wealthy? God, Republican voters are ignorant.

That shift will continue. Trump might be able to sustain 20% - 25% of his supporters, but he hurts his own cause every time he opens his mouth. Suspend the Constitution? Really? WTF!!! In fact, THE Donald hasn't really talked much about policies in the last 2 years. It's all been about him, in some form or fashion. He's been persecuted. Joe Biden this. Hunter Biden that. The FBI is out to get him. It's truly nauseating.

The betting markets figured this out a few weeks ago. As of this morning, chance of winning the Presidency in 2024 is ...

DeSantis 31.7%
Biden 23.8%
Trump 13.4%
All others 31.1%

I would imagine if/when DeSantis and Biden official declare their numbers would each pop a few points and the "all others" will drop.

Last edited:
As a Presidential candidate in the general election, he's got little chance to win.

Republican hierarchy knows this. They have a fine line to walk. They need his MAGAts to win and forcing him out won't end well.

This should be very entertaining.

As a Presidential candidate in the general election, he's got little chance to win. Republican hierarchy knows this. They have a fine line to walk. They need his MAGAts to win and forcing him out won't end well. This should be very entertaining.
Trump won't be forced out,.. It's going to be more like him being left by the side of the road.

Trumps policies? Lie, gaslight and corruption? This isn't a good thing either way

Reactions: seam
Right. It was head scratching that there was any doubt prior to 1/06/21. But after 1/06/21, there should have been none.

Almost two f#cking years later. Unbelievable.
Because he was proven a loser during the midterms.

Republicans have zero issues with supporting a racist, xenophobic, moronic, criminal as long as he helps win elections. Zero.

What were Trump's policies?
The only policy I knew he enforced was immigration. Everything else was self serving.

Not sure this is a sincere question, but Trump administration "policies" that generally play very well broadly with Republicans:

- Border security
- conservative judges
- support of Israel (recognizing Jerusalem as the capital)
- tax cuts
- reduce regulation

Plus a couple that were very key to Trump's support, but is not always been held up and down the party:
- Not getting involved in military actions overseas
- protect/restore American manufacturing (remember that one? Don't hear much about it any more)

Now...are those "Trump policies"? Not really, with the exception of the last two, those are pretty mainstream Republican policies. I would assert that he probably doesn't even give a shit about anything but maybe immigration. But people saying they support his policies are (or can be - who knows) easily talking about any or all of those.

But there are probably some things to be learned from Republicans about the power of those last two, non-interventionism and protectionism. Those two resonate strongly with the people who largely became Trump's base, non-educated whites. You don't have to mimic Trump's position on those, but it would be a huge mistake to sweep those aside and ignore the sentiment that made those so powerful. Trump may be spoiled goods, but those aren't going to lose their potency, and Republicans would be wise to be mindful of those voter concerns rather than simply think they can "take back" the party to the Bushes. Or they will consistently be under threat of a populist shit-stirrer.

Not sure this is a sincere question, but Trump administration "policies" that generally play very well broadly with Republicans:

- Border security
- conservative judges
- support of Israel (recognizing Jerusalem as the capital)
- tax cuts
- reduce regulation

Plus a couple that were very key to Trump's support, but is not always been held up and down the party:
- Not getting involved in military actions overseas
- protect/restore American manufacturing (remember that one? Don't hear much about it any more)

Now...are those "Trump policies"? Not really, with the exception of the last two, those are pretty mainstream Republican policies. I would assert that he probably doesn't even give a shit about anything but maybe immigration. But people saying they support his policies are (or can be - who knows) easily talking about any or all of those.

But there are probably some things to be learned from Republicans about the power of those last two, non-interventionism and protectionism. Those two resonate strongly with the people who largely became Trump's base, non-educated whites. You don't have to mimic Trump's position on those, but it would be a huge mistake to sweep those aside and ignore the sentiment that made those so powerful. Trump may be spoiled goods, but those aren't going to lose their potency, and Republicans would be wise to be mindful of those voter concerns rather than simply think they can "take back" the party to the Bushes. Or they will consistently be under threat of a populist shit-stirrer.
I am glad you list those because I, as a center-left fairly moderate liberal, actually support several of those. For me, the disgusting thing about Trumpism was primarily his sociopathy. TLDR version: the guy is an asshole and I don't like assholes and assholes should never be put in charge.

I am for border security. I think we need to improve border control and combine it with a much better immigration policy that helps keep a good flow of needed workers into the US and accepts those who have a legitimate case for sanctuary.

I also support the effort to re-shore American jobs and to stay out of foreign entanglements that are not key national security issues or a case of the blatant disregard for the international rule of law like Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

I'd also support the notion of appointing "conservative" judges if that actually meant they were institutionalists like John Roberts and not radical activists like the Trump appointees.

What were Trump's policies?
The only policy I knew he enforced was immigration. Everything else was self serving.

I liked some of his foreign policies. For example. **** China and getting other Nato members to carry their weight are a couple examples.

I have a pretty good idea of Trump's policies are.

I just don't know what the Republican policies are. They need to differentiate from Trump before they can move away from him.

Donald Trump is self-destructing before our very eyes.

1. Senate candidates like Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker were
flawed and lacked any type of qualifications for the office.
They and 6 other flawed Senate candidates endorsed by
Trump lost and made Trump a loser.

2. Trump's legal problems such as bribery, tax fraud, inciting
a January 6 riot, taking U.S. documents to his Florida home.
When indicted and convicted of these crimes makes him a loser.

3. His own daughter Ivanka has refused to endorse her father
for President in 2024 and she wants out of politics. It has to
hurt Trump personally to see his own daughter reject him as a loser.

I liked some of his foreign policies. For example. **** China and getting other Nato members to carry their weight are a couple examples.
The China issue was he had zero long term strategy on how to deal with them. Could've formed a coalition of ally countries that are sick of China too. Instead he picked random fights with Canada.

The China issue was he had zero long term strategy on how to deal with them. Could've formed a coalition of ally countries that are sick of China too. Instead he picked random fights with Canada.

Perhaps. At least he had the balls to do something. More than I can say for any past presidents that were to busy sucking on chinas nuts. His tariffs are still in effect btw. Across the board. Wonder why. Actually, I don’t. I know why.

Donald Trump is self-destructing before our very eyes.

1. Senate candidates like Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker were
flawed and lacked any type of qualifications for the office.
They and 6 other flawed Senate candidates endorsed by
Trump lost and made Trump a loser.

2. Trump's legal problems such as bribery, tax fraud, inciting
a January 6 riot, taking U.S. documents to his Florida home.
When indicted and convicted of these crimes makes him a loser.

3. His own daughter Ivanka has refused to endorse her father
for President in 2024 and she wants out of politics. It has to
hurt Trump personally to see his own daughter reject him as a loser.
Even Ivanka and Jared have bailed on Donald. They have extracted everything they can from him, and they took a beating in the cool people social circles of NYC and South Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT