ADVERTISEMENT

This @newyorker video of the MAGA Mob is really worth your time.

“By the end of President Donald Trump’s crusade against American democracy.”

First sentence.

Trump argued the election was stolen. He argued that it was voter fraud. Wrong, sure. But that’s arguing in favor of democracy.

What do you think about the video?

“By the end of President Donald Trump’s crusade against American democracy.”

First sentence.

Trump argued the election was stolen. He argued that it was voter fraud. Wrong, sure. But that’s arguing in favor of democracy.
LOL...he was arguing that to decertify millions of votes. He knew it was a lie. But that likely is pro-democracy for you since it's just brown people.

Espionage is a felony murder crime.

giphy.gif

It’s just semantics. Deluded as they may have been, people think they were fighting for democracy, not against it.
Some of them maybe. A lot of would try to correct you for suggesting that and make sure you understand we're a republic like they're teaching you something they just learned. These people are dumber than libertarians.

Did he know? Trump has struck me before as not a very deep thinker.

My point though is that the people involved in #resistance and that fell all over Adam Schiff’s fraud and hung on Mueller’s every word, and were cool with the conceptual flip of due process (me too, title ix, Kavanaugh) and who support cancel culture (eg covington)... think they’re doing good, think they’re pro us democracy. They’re not trying to be evil. They’re also not any different than the qanon people in some ways.

I’m sure that many antifa really think they’re fighting fascism and that Nazis are around every corner.
Holy crap..."not any different than the qanon people" who think the global elite are farming children for Satanic sex games and drinking their blood and that Trump has been chosen by God to bring an end to their evil.

GTFO

It still cracks me up seeing at least 1/4 of the people preoccupied with holding their phones up to capture what they're supposed to be experiencing first-hand! LOL

Humans are becoming total slaves to those fvcking phones!

And, the IQ's of these people would be awesome to know! Running around chanting "1776!" WTF does that mean??? Hey, genius! Where's your horse and tricorn hat? It's 2021!

It's so difficult to understand what these people are convinced that they're "losing" in all of this.

Yep. In case it’s not clear to you, I think a lot of our modern politique exhibits cult like behavior. And, I think the leftist protest behaviors are just as stupid and ridiculous. If you felt motivated to go block a highway, for example, as a form of reasonable protest, that would fall into this space.

And now after you've realized how stupid your starting position was in this thread you've moved to the "both sides are the same" fall back position, which is also completely incorrect. The protests last summer were the results of black people being murdered by police. So, it makes you "leftist" to think that police shouldn't just be able to go around murdering black people, or anyone for that matter (but they really mostly just do it to black people)? Those people were not going around trying to murder Congress or the Vice President.

And before you say it, no, they were not mostly responsible for the damage last summer. That was the boogaloo bois and other right wing groups who did that, primarily so people like you would think that people protesting that police should be able to murder people with no consequences are actually causing most of the violence.

You could literally riot/protest pretty every month if your reason for protesting was someone being killed by a cop. That’s .... unreasonable. And yes, they were mostly responsible for the damage last summer. I’m sure some boogaloo and other right wing groups were out there raising mayhem too. If we enforced the law relative to how people protest consistently, this wouldn’t be a problem.

Yeah, it's not being killed by a cop, it's being murdered by a cop. There's a difference.

Arrest records indicate otherwise on who was doing most of the damage. But that would involve you accepting data for what it means rather than just pretending something that doesn't exist because they don't support the reality you wish was true. I'm done posting the links on that, there's about 30 other threads you can look through and find them on these boards. But you won't bother doing that either.

Reactions: Raglefant
It still cracks me up seeing at least 1/4 of the people preoccupied with holding their phones up to capture what they're supposed to be experiencing first-hand! LOL

Humans are becoming total slaves to those fvcking phones!

And, the IQ's of these people would be awesome to know! Running around chanting "1776!" WTF does that mean??? Hey, genius! Where's your horse and tricorn hat? It's 2021!

It's so difficult to understand what these people are convinced that they're "losing" in all of this.
How about the idiot military vet telling someone to stay out of Pence's chair because "it's a PR war" while carrying zip ties.

Also love the morons telling buffalo guy to "stop acting a fool" while they riffle through documents to steal, while recording it all.

These guys are idiots.

How about the idiot military vet telling someone to stay out of Pence's chair because "it's a PR war" while carrying zip ties.

Also love the morons telling buffalo guy to "stop acting a fool" while they riffle through documents to steal, while recording it all.

These guys are idiots.
Yep, they're the sane ones :)

Reactions: Kenneth Griffin
Yep. In case it’s not clear to you, I think a lot of our modern politique exhibits cult like behavior. And, I think the leftist protest behaviors are just as stupid and ridiculous. If you felt motivated to go block a highway, for example, as a form of reasonable protest, that would fall into this space.
That you seriously think there's ANYTHING that compares to the lunacy of QAnon pretty much invalidates anything else you might say. Blocking a highway as a protest of unequal treatment under the law and storming the Capitol searching for the VP and members of Congress to take hostage or even execute in order to overthrow a free and fair election are only equivalent in the minds of morons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT