ADVERTISEMENT

This place would be better if people would admit when they’re wrong

Feb 9, 2013
So let me go first.

I was skeptical as hell when the news broke yesterday. Initial reports made it sound like this was just gunfire on the street outside Trump’s club and I assumed Trump’s campaign was going to milk the heck out of nothing. As it turns out it was a real threat.

Good lesson to not jump the gun and always assume the worst about the other side.

When I’m wrong I’ll say so. Hoping some others (you know who you are) will do the same. It would certainly cut down on some of the pointless back and forth.

So let me go first.

I was skeptical as hell when the news broke yesterday. Initial reports made it sound like this was just gunfire on the street outside Trump’s club and I assumed Trump’s campaign was going to milk the heck out of nothing. As it turns out it was a real threat.

Good lesson to not jump the gun and always assume the worst about the other side.

When I’m wrong I’ll say so. Hoping some others (you know who you are) will do the same. It would certainly cut down on some of the pointless back and forth.
I also like to admit when you are wrong.

I once said putting lettuce on pizza, like they do in the QC, is one of the grossest things you can do. I was wrong. It is hands down the grossest possible thing one could ever do. My bad.
there are levels.

fresh crispy lettuce on FRESH taco pizza is divine.

soggy lettuce on old taco pizza is the grossest thing you can eat.

I once said putting lettuce on pizza, like they do in the QC, is one of the grossest things you can do. I was wrong. It is hands down the grossest possible thing one could ever do. My bad.

Don't act like your well nourished ass wouldn't eat a BLT Pizza or Taco Pizza. They both have lettuce on them. Reheating them? Yeah, F that but they're tasty fresh.

So let me go first.

I think the lesson is not to jump to conclusions before having all the facts. We’re all guilty of that—some more than others.

To me, that’s separate from not only believing but still pushing rhetoric and talking points that have already been factually debunked multiple times. It happens every day with the MAGA idiot brigade. Therefore, the issue goes well beyond integrity. It’s about being inextricably bound to a cult and/or following the Joseph Goebbels playbook about repeating the same lie over and over again.

That’s what we’re facing today. And that’s not a “both sides” issue. That’s the MAGA cult of personality problem plaguing American society today.

@Tom Paris, happy?

I was wrong about the Ignore Feature. I used to be staunchly against it, but it really does make the board more enjoyable. I always thought I'd miss out on some "gem" but the folks I have on ignore are as worthless as tits on a boar. It's a good place for them and I would suggest people use it rather than sifting through the garbage.

I think the lesson is not to jump to conclusions before having all the facts. We’re all guilty of that—some more than others.

To me, that’s separate from not only believing but still pushing rhetoric and talking points that have already been factually debunked multiple times. It happens every day with the MAGA idiot brigade. Therefore, the issue goes well beyond integrity. It’s about being inextricably bound to a cult and/or following the Joseph Goebbels playbook about repeating the same lie over and over again.

That’s what we’re facing today. And that’s not a “both sides” issue. That’s the MAGA cult of personality problem plaguing American society today.

@Tom Paris, happy?

I was wrong that I thought Ragnar was a partisan poster initially. I now realize he plays the "both sides" card like its his job.

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I was wrong about the Ignore Feature. I used to be staunchly against it, but it really does make the board more enjoyable. I always thought I'd miss out on some "gem" but the folks I have on ignore are as worthless as tits on a boar. It's a good place for them and I would suggest people use it rather than sifting through the garbage.
I finally did.

Saves a lot of time not having to wade through the same stupid shit every day from the usual suspects of the MAGA idiot brigade.

michael-scott-wink.gif

Reactions: fredjr82
I was wrong that I thought Ragnar was a partisan poster initially. I now realize he plays the "both sides" card like its his job.
I’m a moderate conservative who hates Trump and MAGA.

So, yeah, I guess that makes me “both sides.” 🫣

I would rather be accused of that, though, than to continue on with abject stupidity like we see daily from the MAGA idiot brigade.

I’m a moderate conservative who hates Trump and MAGA.

So, yeah, I guess that makes me “both sides.” 🫣

I would rather be accused of that, though, than to continue on with abject stupidity like we see daily from the MAGA idiot brigade.
There are a few posters like you who are conservative but hate what MAGA has done to the party. My hope is that after trump is gone people like you all can right the ship.

So let me go first.

Does this mean you'll now admit you were wrong about the "bloodbath" story? You were so pissed at me that you put me on ignore for a few days.

There are a few posters like you who are conservative but hate what MAGA has done to the party. My hope is that after trump is gone people like you all can right the ship.
My conservative values are simple: “Don’t **** with our money. Don’t **** with our rights.”

That point of view wins me some favor with liberals when it comes to being pro-choice but it puts me at odds with the same people when it comes to the 2A or being against vaccine mandates. I call it being consistent with conservative values; others call it being “both sides.”

Regardless, you’re right that none of it is relevant while we still have to contend with the stench of MAGA and the existential threat to our democracy that is Donald Trump.

Kamala Harris is the only viable choice in this election.

Does this mean you'll now admit you were wrong about the "bloodbath" story? You were so pissed at me that you put me on ignore for a few days.
This is a prime example of the right not admitting they are wrong. In this case you. The ****ing stupid spin you all try and pass off as fact is exhausting. We all know what he meant by a bloodbath. We saw it on Jan 6th.

My conservative values are simple: “Don’t **** with our money. Don’t **** with our rights.”

That point of view wins me some favor with liberals when it comes to being pro-choice but it puts me at odds with the same people when it comes to the 2A or being against vaccine mandates. I call it being consistent with conservative values; others call it being “both sides.”

Regardless, you’re right that none of it is relevant while we still have to contend with the stench of MAGA and the existential threat to our democracy that is Donald Trump.

Kamala Harris is the only viable choice in this election.
I look forward to the day we can go back to arguing about policy and not spend all our time on conspiracy theories and xenophobia.

@Tom Paris, happy?
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

I keep trying to convince myself that cedar rapids doesn't smell that bad - and I have to admit to myself that I'm wrong every time I drive thru it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT