ADVERTISEMENT

This Purdue game is going to be FUN

I think only one secondary member is out, granted, an important one. The D has been anchored by the Dline all year though. Hard to wear them down because they play 3 deep at each spot. Essentially, they just keep coming.

As for O'Connell and Purdue, they have always struggled with Wisconsin. I don't get it. Go look at O'Connell last year. Ended the season as hot as anyone, but was absolute trash in the Wisconsin game. Plus he's been playing hurt. Is healthy now.
Don't take offense Boiler, but I've been amazed at how "clean" Purdue has played against Iowa. I watch them against other teams, and they seem to semi-regularly turn it over or commit inexplicable penalties that lead to losses in games they probably should have won. But against Iowa, they execute like the Patriots in Brady's hey-day. If Boilers do that again on Saturday, they probably win.

I would say whichever d-line can manage consistent pressure will probably win. Both teams are deep in that area.

Reactions: BoilerN
Obviously the Charlie Jones / Tyrone Tracey situation is the headline, but these coaching staffs have really grown to dislike each other, and Purdue has gotten the better of Phil recently. I promise the staff has this game circled. With the offense getter better I expect there will be a pretty good show on Saturday.
17-0 so far!!

I

My most optimistic view of this game:

It will be a rinse and repeat of last year.
Their offense will have twice as many yards as ours.
Our offense will regress back to the mean of its pathetic reality.
Jones will be get 150+ yards receiving.
O’Connell will prove he’s the best QB in the West.
We’ll completely forget about attacking the middle of the field on offense.
Tory has a breakout game with 8 punts averaging 46 yards.
In the end, 27-10, Purdue.
Buuuuuuuump

They've had an extra week of preparation last year and this year. See my previous post.

That said, I like Iowa's chances this year. Having Charlie bail late on Iowa this spring won't sit right with some of the players, and Phil is probably pretty sick of hearing how Purdue has his number. This will be a slobberknocker.
I was right, except the slobberknocking was all done by Iowa. Kicked Purdue's ass!

I

Ooooooops

I

LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT