ADVERTISEMENT

This Season Turned when Fran moved JBo back to Point Guard after Jan 31 loss at PSU. So much for the "February Fran Fade"

I agree. It is really hard right now to pin a weakness on anyone or this team right now. This is the best I have seen an Iowa basketball team operate at this time of the year in a very very long time.

Ulis put up 2 shots and both were rather ugly. He played 9 minutes (perhaps as a result).

Joe had a rough night shooting, too. He was 0-4.

But you just know Iowa is still going to score 80 plus. Fran is really pushing all the right buttons now.

It seems like every year, they reemphasize the rules to make the refs call less charges, but they keep calling them.
College refs love to reward guys who fall down even though everyone knows its fake.

In the moment they just can't help themselves.

Referees will call that a charge almost every time. If you taped it watch it again, the Michigan player was set and JBO didn't complain.

And the defender was out of the restricted area

The charge/block call is the hardest call to make imo. It is such a bang/bang play. Was the defender set? Is the defender out of the restricted area?

Bullshit call

And the defender was out of the restricted area

The charge/block call is the hardest call to make imo. It is such a bang/bang play. Was the defender set? Is the defender out of the restricted area?

At worst I thought the shot should have counted because it came before Jordan made contact with the defender it seemed like.

Joe lost his starting job yet always has a smile on his face.

Team first attitude.

FM-q2ulWUAYDNAm

FM-q2unX0AEQ7ya

On Jan 31, Iowa lost at Penn State 90-86 in double OT. Iowa's record after that game was 14-7, 4-6.

On Feb 6, vs Minnesota, Fran made 2 changes:

(1) Jordan was back at starting Point Guard;

(2) Tony Perkins was the new starting 2 guard.

The result of this change?

* Iowa has now won 12 of its last 14 and has a record of 26-9.

* They won a B1G Tournament Championship for the first time since 2006.

* Iowa is a 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament

ADVERTISEMENT