ADVERTISEMENT

This season was a complete failure. Our offense is from a 1976 junior high; our lack of using the portal is part of our current/future irrelevance.

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
We desperately have to:

1) Update our offense to this f’n century.
2) Coaches embracing the portal.

If we don’t do either, we’re f’d!
If we only do one, we’re still f’d!

Absolutely have to do both in this new world of college football.

Complete failure?

I loved what we saw from Kaleb Johnson. Maybe doesn't make up for the disappointments but can't wait to see more of him.

So, not complete.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
We are going to have a hard time in the portal with our inept NIL. I appreciate the hell out of what TX hawk did but thr University needs to make funds go in that direction. The portal should now be referred to ad the auction house.

Complete failure?

I loved what we saw from Kaleb Johnson. Maybe doesn't make up for the disappointments but can't wait to see more of him.

So, not complete.
I don’t agree it was a complete failure, but with the defense Iowa had this season, and the Iowa offense being completely abysmal, it was pretty close.

Reactions: curtisj57
Not even close, Mark.

When has even a twisted definition of success referred to being just over .500?

Your personal Book Of Success is pure garbage.
Correct. That's only one game removed from not even having a winning record.

7-5 was a nice achievement in 2001 following the rebuild of the previous few seasons, but no way is being barely over .500 a success when you're coach has been on your sidelines for nearly a quarter century. Not by a long shot.

Correct. That's only one game removed from not even having a winning record.

7-5 was a nice achievement in 2001 following the rebuild of the previous few seasons, but no way is that a success when you're coach has been on your sidelines for nearly a quarter century. Not by a long shot.
It depends on the year and the schedule. Going 7-5 this season with that schedule and that defense is grossly underachieving IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT