ADVERTISEMENT

This sounds even worse, regarding Warren

A lot of people in the Big 12 were concerned that Bowlsby would replace Delaney in the Big 10. He has done a great job for the Big 12. Very steady, clear on what he says and very transparent. He has worked to build a strong alliance with the SEC, and this will only make that stronger. This entire thing is hard to understand, and Warren is STILL in hiding. Crazy.

Is it beyond reason to imagine that University Presidents of the Big Ten would cancel a college football season, leaving hundreds of millions of dollars on the table, in a clandestine effort to connect in voters’ minds President Trump’s failed response to COVID-19 to there being no college football? No, it is not. In fact, I guarantee this was discussed in some capacity amongst the group, whether officially or in side conversations.

However, it was almost certainly not a major determining factor. Whether you agree with the decision or not, I genuinely trust the Presidents made the decision based on the advice received from their medical and legal consultants. Only time will tell if they were correct in abruptly cancelling the season instead of playing and seeing what happens.

The way I look at it: Most University Presidents don’t prioritize collegiate sports. It’s a splash in the bucket. Most could care less. Sure, it brings $100 million a year to the university... but all that goes back into the athletics department.

These people have 100 more important things to worry about.

And as for Mr. Warren: He clearly is willing to take punches for the University Presidents. Guess why? Because when Roger Goodell retires, he can go to NFL owners and say “I can do the same for you as the next NFL Commissioner.”
You obviously don’t know who you are dealing with. This has been a process over decades now. Warren is a Spineless Puppet. He and the Presidents could care less how many lives they destroy in their perverse George Soros narrative. And, there have been plenty of people trying to alert us to the Liberal BS going on in our College and Universities for years. If I’m Iowa and any number of BIG schools I’m looking to get out ASAP. See Bobby Carpenter’s comments on Warren during his time in the NFL and the feedback Carpenter received.

You obviously don’t know who you are dealing with. This has been a process over decades now. Warren is a Spineless Puppet. He and the Presidents could care less how many lives they destroy in their perverse George Soros narrative. And, there have been plenty of people trying to alert us to the Liberal BS going on in our College and Universities for years. If I’m Iowa and any number of BIG schools I’m looking to get out ASAP. See Bobby Carpenter’s comments on Warren during his time in the NFL and the feedback Carpenter received.

Spot on

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Davis? Please. He was barely .500 in the Big 10 after departure of Raveling's recruits.
Re/ the OW story, I'd like to see Barta address the specifics of the vote. It's significant that Moos, and his superiors, are again going after Warren and the Big Ten, though in an indirect/passive way. Moos/UNL must sense that Warren's situation is precarious.

How did Raveling do with those same recruits? How well did he develop Lohaus? Lohaus went from invisible to a legitimate player during his single year playing for TD. Your logic sounds a lot like the Nubby cultists saying Frost isn't responsible for results until they purge all of "Reilly's recruits" and Fleck talking about "year zero." Got news for you, Poindexter, they are your players the moment you take the job. No one is arguing TD is an all-time greatest coach comparable to Dean Smith or John Wooden. He WAS successful everywhere he coached. He had a winning record in the NCAAs while at Iowa, even after "George's players" graduated including the Sweet 16 his final season. How many Sweet 16s has Fran appeared in? And Davis was a lazy recruiter? Maybe. Fran's recruiting has been underwhelming at best. So TD may have been mediocre but his body of work easily surpasses anyone who has coached at Iowa since he left.

If he intended to swing the election, his screwup might've ended up reaming whichever he deems to be his side.
giphy.gif
If Warren we're doing this to actually try and swing an election, President Trump should come out and tell the Big Ten to play football. This would be very popular amongst Big Ten fans in most BiG States.

If Warren is so concerned about Covid and safety that he shut down the 2020 season, he should be demanding his son to opt out this year if the SEC continues on to play. And then, the Commissioner's job has enough on its plate such that he has no business in providing his personal opinions on what conference athletes should do in their personal lives like voting or not voting. His "leadership" to date begs the question to the powers that be in the 14 institutions to reconsider if he is the right person for that position.

If Warren we're doing this to actually try and swing an election, President Trump should come out and tell the Big Ten to play football. This would be very popular amongst Big Ten fans in most BiG States.
That will almost certainly happen and the b1g oaf in chief’s “play” will continue to misfire on all cylinders.

Warren - If Warren son play college football this year... @ Mississippi. Warren should be fired... Freakin hypocrite.....

This is the same guy that wanted all of the Big Ten college athletes
to sign up for voting..... He is on a different agenda than the Big 10 fans...

Warren - If Warren son play college football this year... @ Mississippi. Warren should be fired... Freakin hypocrite.....

I have no issues with urging/informing athletes on voting. That's fine. But yes, if the SEC, ACC and Big 12 play football this year successfully both Kevin Warren and Larry Scott of the Pac-12 should be fired immediately for incompetence.

Is it beyond reason to imagine that University Presidents of the Big Ten would cancel a college football season, leaving hundreds of millions of dollars on the table, in a clandestine effort to connect in voters’ minds President Trump’s failed response to COVID-19 to there being no college football? No, it is not. In fact, I guarantee this was discussed in some capacity amongst the group, whether officially or in side conversations.

However, it was almost certainly not a major determining factor. Whether you agree with the decision or not, I genuinely trust the Presidents made the decision based on the advice received from their medical and legal consultants. Only time will tell if they were correct in abruptly cancelling the season instead of playing and seeing what happens.

The way I look at it: Most University Presidents don’t prioritize collegiate sports. It’s a splash in the bucket. Most could care less. Sure, it brings $100 million a year to the university... but all that goes back into the athletics department.

And as for Mr. Warren: He clearly is willing to take punches for the University Presidents. Guess why? Because when Roger Goodell retires, he can go to NFL owners and say “I can do the same for you as the next NFL Commissioner.”

The Big 10 President’s better start caring about athletics as there have been studies done that strong sports at a college helps enrollment numbers.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
The Big 10 President’s better start caring about athletics as there have been studies done that strong sports at a college helps enrollment numbers.
Hope they didn't spend much money on those "studies", because it's a no-brainer. Unless you're talking the Ivy's, they've got their hands full with "other" things.....

He's an asshole!

Perhaps. But then you'd have to assume the "leftist dogma of the taxpayer funded leftist presidents" is somehow unique to the B1G and Pac-12 Presidents, but not shared by their peers in the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. And furthermore, that these leftist Presidents in the B1G all seemed to hire AD's at their respective institutions that didn't follow the Presdients leftist dogma. But that's highly unlikely.

Instead, much more likely is that Warren is leading with his own dogma, which many of his statements have painfully revealed. And that's clearly incompetent.

Sir ... The President of Purdue University is on Line 1. He’d like a chat with you.

Sir ... The President of Purdue University is on Line 1. He’d like a chat with you.

To explain that the leftist dogma of the taxpayer funded leftist presidents is somehow unique to the B1G and Pac-12 Presidents, but not shared by their peers in the Big 12, SEC, and ACC? And furthermore, that these leftist Presidents in the B1G all seemed to hire AD's at their respective institutions that didn't follow the Presdients leftist dogma?

If your dad told you, an 18-19 yr old, not to play college football would you listen to him?

Lol, wow. Do you have eyes in that head of yours. You evidently don't see that the left are the idiots rioting and burning and beating the shit out of people just because they feel like it. Are these the loving/caring dipsticks you are talking about and stand with?? My lord some people are so dense

Oh and they don't care about this country either
Agree

Every political debate on these boards splits into 1 of 2 political groups. The "leave me alone and let me make my own decisions and decide on my own risks" group and the "we are smarter than you and know what's best for you" group.
I don't believe Warren specifically thinks his decisions will take down Trump. Warren and likely the presidents appear to be of the group that thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

Reactions: Dauminator
He would win the state of Ohio without any question, probably Michigan too.
Donald says:
youre-hired-5b36fe.jpg

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Every political debate on these boards splits into 1 of 2 political groups. The "leave me alone and let me make my own decisions and decide on my own risks" group and the "we are smarter than you and know what's best for you" group.
I don't believe Warren specifically thinks his decisions will take down Trump. Warren and likely the presidents appear to be of the group that thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

Reminiscent of one of my favorite Adam Smith passages from "The Wealth of Nations":

The man of system…is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it… He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might choose to impress upon it.

Reactions: destewart
If your dad told you, an 18-19 yr old, not to play college football would you listen to him?

My son had myocarditis as a 19 year old college football player. I told him he couldn't play either he listened to me or the 'he will feel faint for about 10-15 seconds and he will collapse and hopefully is within 5-10 minutes of a quality hospital' I may lean towards the 2nd part.

Reminiscent of one of my favorite Adam Smith passages from "The Wealth of Nations":

The man of system…is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it… He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might choose to impress upon it.

Uh oh. Antifa will be camping outside your place soon, you capitalist pig.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT