ADVERTISEMENT

This team is easy to like

They play with great effort, have high BBIQ, dont turn the ball over and we have a great inside-out game. In addition, has to be one of Fran's best passing teams.

We could really use one more athletic wing, but will need to squeeze a lot of juice out of Kreiner + Pemsl.
I agree with the other stuff but this is a stretch imo. They have dialed it down the last couple games tho

I think Fran is going to have look at Till at some point due to limited production, fouls, matchup's, etc. Till has some hops and can dunk, so he has that going for him. Run a couple baseline lobs to him and have him crash the boards. Springy guys can tap a ball out, deflect a pass, block / contest a shot. Pemsl doesn't bring this element. In a perfect world Pemsl would start shooting the freebie mid-range shots defenses give him. Have to believe he can knock a couple down per game which is more than I believe he is capable of scoring in the paint.

Unfortunately for Pemsl the accumulation of injuries has so hampered his mobility that he really is at a disadvantage against the competition. It's also resulted in him being essentially glued to the court; he just doesn't appear to have any lift at all. Tough to score in deep when other bigs routinely out jump him significantly.

I'm really pulling for Cordell to break out. Maybe the ISU game will be just the ticket for him . If he can get healthy and confident he can contribute. Right now he looks a step slow physically and a count behind in aggressiveness.

He made a heck of a play to grab that air ball and kick.it out to CJ for a dagger a week ago.

We will really need him to have a chance to make the big dance

Riley Till is a nice practice player. Hustle effort on the boards and D. Has zero offensive skill. I wish we could just pull one of the football players like Kaevon Mayweather over to add some athletic pop.

Might as well. I feel like Merriweather will be sitting now anyway.

Riley Till....not an athletic wing, but he might be better option than Pemsl at the 4. Pemsl has a lot fire, but not blessed with skills outside the low post and his low post game is gone now that he's skinny.

I think its beyond his weight loss.

He looks to me to barely be able to move, that uncontested layup against UM was one of the sadder things I've seen on a court.

That's when it hit home to me how poor his current situation must be.

Till isn’t usable. Probably a good kid. Pemsl is a big body and a good passer. I agree we need more out of Pemsl. But no Till please. This team is a tournament team.

Till isn’t usable. Probably a good kid. Pemsl is a big body and a good passer. I agree we need more out of Pemsl. But no Till please. This team is a tournament team.
Sorry, but Pemsl is not a good passer, by any stretch. Way too often he tries to make the highlight show pass and it ends up being a turnover. He also seems a step slow this year. Maybe a culmination of all the injuries, don't know. About the only positive so far is he's drawn a few fouls and has been pretty good at the line, otherwise he has even less offensive game then in the past, and thats really saying something. His minutes have gone down every game the last six because he is bringing very little to the floor. I would imagine he'll get a shot against ISU, after last years performance, so I hope he can make a difference. If not, at least Till looks more athletic, and would probably be a better facilitator and defender at this point.

Sorry, but Pemsl is not a good passer, by any stretch. Way too often he tries to make the highlight show pass and it ends up being a turnover. He also seems a step slow this year. Maybe a culmination of all the injuries, don't know. About the only positive so far is he's drawn a few fouls and has been pretty good at the line, otherwise he has even less offensive game then in the past, and thats really saying something. His minutes have gone down every game the last six because he is bringing very little to the floor. I would imagine he'll get a shot against ISU, after last years performance, so I hope he can make a difference. If not, at least Till looks more athletic, and would probably be a better facilitator and defender at this point.

I find your statement to be patently false.

The reason he has become a minor contributor is not due to passing ability. It is because he plays below the rim/has lost all remnants of athleticism he once had, struggles with lateral movement on defense and has virtually no jump shot outside of 12 feet...but is still crafty and a very good passer for a forward.

He is #4 on the team in ASSIST TO TURNOVER ratio at better than 2:1 (0.9:0.4 to be exact). This is among the top ten players in minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT