ADVERTISEMENT

This the season for &)%#&$?%# road construction!!

One of the few things I like about winter.

Why does it seem like construction takes twice as long as it used to? Is it just me?
Government bureaucracy, regulations, red tape mostly and nobody wants to work. They just want free shit from the Democrats.

Hell all the illegals we let in don’t even want to work anymore. They just lay around the park all day and pass out on sidewalks.

Government bureaucracy, regulations, red tape mostly and nobody wants to work. They just want free shit from the Democrats.

Hell all the illegals we let in don’t even want to work anymore. They just lay around the park all day and pass out on sidewalks.

200w.gif

And you know it

Reactions: Bonerfarts
They have a bridge shut down here going southbound. It’s a main thoroughfare

The only other crossings are 3-5 miles east or west. And access to those crossings is via one east/west road.

It’s a ducking nightmare right now- extra hour easily either way.

I've actually been impressed on how quickly the I-35 crew is working. They have a ton of people working on it. Not sure who the contractor is.

I can't speak for Florida, but I was reading the code here in Iowa this week. They are supposed to post a bond, and the State can withhold payments. Contracts just need to be written correctly by Government Attorneys
Usually the construction contractor has a signed contract to complete the work within a set number of working days. 180 working days is pretty standard for smaller jobs. Then the contractor is fined a dollar amount for each day over the contract.

One of the biggest things we run into is the city, state or county never want to shut the road down completely to do the work. They always want the work to be completed under traffic which takes twice as long.

Reactions: wjr1818
Usually the construction contractor has a signed contract to complete the work within a set number of working days. 180 working days is pretty standard for smaller jobs. Then the contractor is fined a dollar amount for each day over the contract.

One of the biggest things we run into is the city, state or county never want to shut the road down completely to do the work. They always want the work to be completed under traffic which takes twice as long.

They are also supposed to carry a crap load of insurance, in case they go belly up. Just need stronger language to enforce the contracts. Raise the bond amounts and have it paid directly to the state.

Reactions: SA_Hawk
Some of the work is seasonal- the bridge re-decking requires a specific temp here and no rain. So they say anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT