ADVERTISEMENT

This was mentioned in another thread then I ran across it on Twitter

I think this is one of the main reasons the national sports syndicates haven't fully latched onto this story in spite of current climate and lack of many big sports stories.

Not all the facts are out, some are contradictory, and anything they say at this point is merely knee-jerk reactions about the Iowa football program, which they believe doesn't draw national ratings (even when it involves claims of racial inequality).......

I think this is one of the main reasons the national sports syndicates haven't fully latched onto this story in spite of current climate and lack of many big sports stories.

Not all the facts are out, some are contradictory, and anything they say at this point is merely knee-jerk reactions about the Iowa football program, which they believe doesn't draw national ratings (even when it involves claims of racial inequality).......
I am shocked they are not going off on it nationally. they would for sure if KF suddenly resigned or got canned. for sure.

There are frequently contradictions with people of abuse; victims of rape continuing contact with their attackers, kids that love an abusive parent, spouses that stay in abusive relationships, actors that will sacrifice dignity for fame.

More than one thing can be true. James Daniels can believe Doyle leaving the program makes Iowa better. And Chris Doyle was a big part of getting him into the NFL.

The Wadley’s may feel that Iowa is their best chance for success for whatever reason. The devil you know.

OIT.....I still can't understand why you're even interested in this conversation especially with the position you've taken.

.....but anyway, Keith the "ISU gives me free douighnuts guy when I stop by" did not flinch in his Wednesday report about how bad the situation was. I'm sure he thin ks he can have an impact on recruitment.

Since the beginning I've felt that because Iowa was really hitting their stride in FB / BB that some of this was an attempt to slow things down. Even on this board there must be some ISU fans throwing some shit at the wall.

....wear a mask so we can have sports back.

If you read what most are saying is that they enjoyed some things about the program and liked some people. KF is usually spoken highly of. A lot of position coaches like Morgan, Parker etc are spoken highly of but they say that Doyle is the issue and BF has some issues as well. And some of the guys say they didn't have anything directed towards them but they did witness or know about stuff directed at a teammate.

I do think this is a story about too much power as Morehouse and Dochterman said. And I think changes have been needed for awhile at Iowa. Some steps have been taken in recent years but more change is needed. More transparency with the program is needed. I have always wondered how they can get away with being so closed off when it is a state university. A change in how people are treated which should help with Doyle likely being gone. I also wouldn't be surprised to see BF move on if not this year, next, maybe to the NFL.

Reactions: JStandefer
If you read what most are saying is that they enjoyed some things about the program and liked some people. KF is usually spoken highly of. A lot of position coaches like Morgan, Parker etc are spoken highly of but they say that Doyle is the issue and BF has some issues as well. And some of the guys say they didn't have anything directed towards them but they did witness or know about stuff directed at a teammate.

I do think this is a story about too much power as Morehouse and Dochterman said. And I think changes have been needed for awhile at Iowa. Some steps have been taken in recent years but more change is needed. More transparency with the program is needed. I have always wondered how they can get away with being so closed off when it is a state university. A change in how people are treated which should help with Doyle likely being gone. I also wouldn't be surprised to see BF move on if not this year, next, maybe to the NFL.
Agree. That On Iowa Podcast was very deep. Their stories of interactions within the football facility were intriguing, coach Kaz(can’t spell his name) for example.

Reactions: David1979
Agree. That On Iowa Podcast was very deep. Their stories of interactions within the football facility were intriguing, coach Kaz(can’t spell his name) for example.

Also, I think it spoke to Doyle's attitude and sense of power that Dochterman says Doyle started screaming at him telling him he couldn't be there when all he was doing was waiting to try and get player interviews.

What kind of transparency? People say that, but what does it mean? Reporters develop "anonymous sources", so how come they didn't? Seems like guys that had left program would be more open to being sources.

I like Scott and Marc but some things they said irked me a bit. Especially the part on its Doyle’s responsibility for burden of proof that these things didn’t happen or didn’t happen they way they are presented. I’m all for taking someone’s claims seriously, but we’re all in for a world of hurt if people can just say anything they want and not have to back up their claims

I like Scott and Marc but some things they said irked me a bit. Especially the part on its Doyle’s responsibility for burden of proof that these things didn’t happen or didn’t happen they way they are presented. I’m all for taking someone’s claims seriously, but we’re all in for a world of hurt if people can just say anything they want and not have to back up their claims
That’s the problem now. People think they can throw claims out there (some are true) without evidence and the public especially the media think it’s now guilty until proven innocent.

I tell you what, there are going to be some serious lawsuits come out of this. And I do not mean by the players. I could see Doyle suing the University and some of the former players. James Daniels better Lawyer up because he has money to take.
I would think Ferentz and Doyle would go after some of these media personalities as well. Some of the stuff I've heard and read is incredibly defamatory

It shows that he thought he was in power even over members of the press. He was standing in an area he had every right to be. What makes Doyle think that he can just bully him into leaving? A power trip.

I just wanted to say that once you get to the age of 18 you should no longer use the word "bully". If you feel someone is a "bully" and you/they are over the age of 18, you should just substitute that word out for what they truly are....an asshole.

That is all I got. Good day.

Last edited:
I tell you what, there are going to be some serious lawsuits come out of this. And I do not mean by the players. I could see Doyle suing the University and some of the former players. James Daniels better Lawyer up because he has money to take.

I agree with this.

If anyone is "spicing" up their stories they better be ready because the real world is about to give them a slap in the face via an expensive team of lawyers.

Hey
@RobHoweHN
, can you reach out to
@akrum_wadley
and his mom and ask them if KF was so bad and evil, then why did they call up the staff recently asking if her son Donovan could get a scholarship at Iowa? That seems to be quite the contradiction from the claims in the video.

This is a really easy question. Thanks for asking!

Kirk Ferentz is still the most powerful football coach she has a relationship with. Donovan has one offer, from Massachusetts. Of course she would like an Iowa offer for Donovan. Even if she knows there are some aspects of the program that aren't perfect.

Well then I guess prepare for the pain, because this genie's not going back into the bottle, even if a larger % of it is hearsay, and unsubstantiated....

Kirk Ferentz is still the most powerful football coach she has a relationship with. Donovan has one offer, from Massachusetts. Of course she would like an Iowa offer for Donovan. Even if she knows there are some aspects of the program that aren't perfect.
Tell her good luck with that, once her book hits the street. Actions have consequences, just as Akrums unwillingness to get with it his first couple of seasons kept him from a larger role, so will their statements......

Reactions: scotihawk
Tell her good luck with that, once her book hits the street. Actions have consequences, just as Akrums unwillingness to get with it his first couple of seasons kept him from a larger role, so will their statements......

u6f7lfl.jpg

Reactions: papabeef
What kind of transparency? People say that, but what does it mean? Reporters develop "anonymous sources", so how come they didn't? Seems like guys that had left program would be more open to being sources.
There was “Fort Kinnick” that reporters have no access until they are Sophomores. And, after that very seldom

OIT.....I still can't understand why you're even interested in this conversation especially with the position you've taken.

.....but anyway, Keith the "ISU gives me free douighnuts guy when I stop by" did not flinch in his Wednesday report about how bad the situation was. I'm sure he thin ks he can have an impact on recruitment.

Since the beginning I've felt that because Iowa was really hitting their stride in FB / BB that some of this was an attempt to slow things down. Even on this board there must be some ISU fans throwing some shit at the wall.

....wear a mask so we can have sports back.
you mean the position I took before my appearance on kxno yesterday or my revelations after? marvin and kxno changed my mind a little yesterday

I'm fairly certain doyle could be bought off and paid to go away . well, I could be probably! ha ha. I can think of some numbers

i also like Scott and Mark but I was turned off by their podcast not because it was critical but because they went on and on about not being that third party to shine more light on the program. They failed to mention the roasting of the same program by the same media back in the later 2000’s with their ‘light shinning’ on off the field problems and leading a charge to clean it up. The culture got a big makeover because of exactly that and guess what it curtailed the off the field issues but now it is too harsh. That’s hypocrisy.

i also like Scott and Mark but I was turned off by their podcast not because it was critical but because they went on and on about not being that third party to shine more light on the program. They failed to mention the roasting of the same program by the same media back in the later 2000’s with their ‘light shinning’ on off the field problems and leading a charge to clean it up. The culture got a big makeover because of exactly that and guess what it curtailed the off the field issues but now it is too harsh. That’s hypocrisy.
refresh my memory: what problems in early 2000's? you mean with benny sapp and stuff? then you had kirk threatening to go coach in the nfl and stuff. yeah I recall some rocky parts of the road

refresh my memory: what problems in early 2000's? you mean with benny sapp and stuff? then you had kirk threatening to go coach in the nfl and stuff. yeah I recall some rocky parts of the road

You say you are a fan and don’t remember? We had sexual assaults, drugs, fights, OWIs, etc. I think they might have had 20 violations over a couple of seasons. It was getting pretty tense and there were strong calls to clean it up.

Aren't perfect? Did you listen to the video Akrum's Mom did?

Creative use of the word, “hypocrisy”.

you mean the position I took before my appearance on kxno yesterday or my revelations after? marvin and kxno changed my mind a little yesterday
Sorry OIT, I should have been clearer. This is looking like classic political correctness and I got the impression you were pushing the narrative a little too fast.

Having thought about this more, there are many acceptable reasons for the coaches purported rhetoric. Like saying a dumb thing thinking it's funny. Or when as a coach, you're trying to light a fire under someone to make them achieve more.

The atmosphere in a big time football program like Iowa's may create a situation where you get a little too candid with your words because you think you're team is built upon family like trust and you take a few more liberties with dialogue.

These players may have the bodies of grown men, but they easily could have the mind of a 12 year old socially and not process sentences with the right context.

It reminds me of when email and texting entered the scene and people were taking the black and white words out of context, really of no fault of their own.There were always more than one side to the meaning of a message.....then came the emoji.

I think we may owe Doyle an apology and ask him to come back.

Be interesting to see if Massachusetts "fills" their scholarship....

The atmosphere in a big time football program like Iowa's may create a situation where you get a little too candid with your words because you think you're team is built upon family like trust and you take a few more liberties with dialogue.

I think this is a very interesting point. Looking back at self I can see professional issues that have arisen in my life that were caused by this. And not passing blame, they were all my fault. I trusted people I should not have because that trust was based on a working relationship and maybe the occasional beer after work. Thanks for making me think Pucker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT