ADVERTISEMENT

This will be a game of toughness....and my money is on

HawkDoggy

HR All-State
Nov 20, 2021
the Iowa Hawkeyes.

The conditions will be miserable and quite honestly...even for the players playing the game...it will be uncomfortably cold. The game will be won by the tougher team. Both teams have tremendous defenses, but I believe the Hawkeye boys are tougher. This will be a significant difference. No doubt the respective defenses will be looking to shut down the other team's run game.

This means one other player needs to show up and perform. Who? In my opinion....Spencer Petras is one tough dude. Now you may laugh at me for going down this path...and that's ok. I think tomorrow....in the frigid cold...he will show up and be the difference. When it's all said and done, the Iowa QB that has had his A$$ kicked all year will step up and make plays. Our defense will play lights out....but Petras will be the difference.

You can take shots at me......and I'll understand why. As you take those shots....I'm going to do my best to remain calm...knowing that it's understandable for you to feel the way you are expressing. My only ask is that....if I'm right....you stop back and leave a positive comment.

Hawks 31, Minny 10

the Iowa Hawkeyes.

The conditions will be miserable and quite honestly...even for the players playing the game...it will be uncomfortably cold. The game will be won by the tougher team. Both teams have tremendous defenses, but I believe the Hawkeye boys are tougher. This will be a significant difference. No doubt the respective defenses will be looking to shut down the other team's run game.

This means one other player needs to show up and perform. Who? In my opinion....Spencer Petras is one tough dude. Now you may laugh at me for going down this path...and that's ok. I think tomorrow....in the frigid cold...he will show up and be the difference. When it's all said and done, the Iowa QB that has had his A$$ kicked all year will step up and make plays. Our defense will play lights out....but Petras will be the difference.

You can take shots at me......and I'll understand why. As you take those shots....I'm going to do my best to remain calm...knowing that it's understandable for you to feel the way you are expressing. My only ask is that....if I'm right....you stop back and leave a positive comment.

Hawks 31, Minny 10
I’ve been drinking getting ready for tomorrow but even with all this early drinking I just can’t see how 31 is possible

O Line needs to give Petras time to do be effective and the run game too if that happens I like our chances. Minnesota will move the ball against us on the ground so we need to be more effective throwing likely short passes .

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkDoggy
the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Hawks 31, Minny 10
ok twist my arm … I’ll take a couple shots…. wait maybe we’re talking about something different

Good Doggy…… let’s give you a treat!

• Haha
A huge factor will be the quality of the tackling. Iowa has been doing great in this aspect. They were a little down in tackling I think in their 3 game losing streak. But the cold weather can make it just hard to tackle also.

I think the hawk Dee plays very good and if they can really make every yard tough to get and not give up many big plays then they will be in control. I think the Iowa run game will pound away and hit a few big runs.

Hawks win, go hawks.

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Hawks 31, Minny 10
That would be something. I’m in

Brutal weather…But the guys that play will stay warm and have/need sweat wicking under layer.ball will be slippery.

The players who don’t play will be very cold. I suspect there will be some heating units taking an edge off.

Fans sedentary for 3 hours- as a fan brutal.

If they throttle Minny by 21 - 2 weeks iowa will not be a fun team to meet in a rematch.

If you’re right - consider this my positive comment to you. Go hawks

At some point the offense is going to need to score points without a short field courtesy of the defense (has not happened much this season). Perhaps today will be the day.

I know one thing....if Parker doesn't put a spy on their QB, he will run all over the Hawks. That cannot be allowed to happen. If he does, it will be a long day.

The team that controls the clock probably wins.

At some point the offense is going to need to score points without a short field courtesy of the defense (has not happened much this season). Perhaps today will be the day.

I know one thing....if Parker doesn't put a spy on their QB, he will run all over the Hawks. That cannot be allowed to happen. If he does, it will be a long day.

The team that controls the clock probably wins.
Yeah....I certainly agree with both points. I'm out on the skinny branches suggesting Petras will be the difference today. Perhaps the "difference" I'm suggesting will be him leading a couple of longer drives for TDs. To your point, he hasn't done that much at all this year. Gut feelings are just that. Not based on anything of an objective nature. My gut tells me he will play tough today and make some plays.

Admittedly, I'm not a football schematic expert. Who do you think they use to spy on the QB? Is it as simple as assigning Campbell....or would it change play to play?

Can they give Pottebaum some magic sticky gloves and run him 30 times? SP 10 QB sneaks. Hopefully that will yield 6 and the D can add a TD somewhere. 13-6 Hawks.

Reactions: dadster
Yeah....I certainly agree with both points. I'm out on the skinny branches suggesting Petras will be the difference today. Perhaps the "difference" I'm suggesting will be him leading a couple of longer drives for TDs. To your point, he hasn't done that much at all this year. Gut feelings are just that. Not based on anything of an objective nature. My gut tells me he will play tough today and make some plays.

Admittedly, I'm not a football schematic expert. Who do you think they use to spy on the QB? Is it as simple as assigning Campbell....or would it change play to play?
Dunno. Probably mix it up so they don't figure out what we're doing and try to key on 1 person. I trust Phil on this.

Phil gets Brian and Kirk another defensive TD and provides numerous short-field opportunities throughout the game…

…Offense looks like a high school JV team but is able to put it in the end zone once and kick one FG.

Phil Parker 17
Minnesota 10

Last edited:
i like to think our defense is very tough. that said moib is a tough sob also and we'll have to play goot team defense on every one of his 40ish (whicch should be an indication of his load) carries.

the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Hawks 31, Minny 10
I have a same game parlay so that score would make me a couple hundred dollars so here is to hoping you’re right! 🍻

ADVERTISEMENT