ADVERTISEMENT

This would be sweet..

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
If kf would coach the oline and ONLY the oline, and then hire the best offensive coordinator out there. Brian could take a massive pay cut and maybe help out where need be. Say water boy. Kirk needs to stay out of any offensive decisions, he is not good at it or evaluating qbs.

I know, it won't happen but it would solve a lot of problems

Kirk needs to pull any strings he can to get Brian back to the league. There is no future for him at Iowa. Barta needs to step in and tell Kirk it's time to leave the offense to someone else.
This is the only way he can get out of this without looking bad. Brian needs to take a position coach job in the NFL so it doesn’t completely look like a demotion, although it is. Kirk needs to then get a real offensive mind in at OC and stay the hell out of it. Second part has an even less chance than the first of truly happening. The millions he is making is setting up his kids and grandkids for their entire lives. I don’t blame him for hanging around. He isn’t retiring until his contract is up…

This is the only way he can get out of this without looking bad. Brian needs to take a position coach job in the NFL so it doesn’t completely look like a demotion, although it is. Kirk needs to then get a real offensive mind in at OC and stay the hell out of it. Second part has an even less chance than the first of truly happening. The millions he is making is setting up his kids and grandkids for their entire lives. I don’t blame him for hanging around. He isn’t retiring until his contract is up…
I do not want Kirk gone. The problem with Brian right now (I am not getting political) is that no NFL team would touch him with the ongoing litigation. It is time for Barta to step up and do his f-ing job. He is in control of hiring/firing coordinators and he should step up to the plate.

If kf would coach the oline and ONLY the oline, and then hire the best offensive coordinator out there. Brian could take a massive pay cut and maybe help out where need be. Say water boy. Kirk needs to stay out of any offensive decisions, he is not good at it or evaluating qbs.

Kirk can be the head coach and I would be happy about it.....IF, he moved Brian back to TE coach as our TE's were pretty good when he was their coach. Hire a proven MODERN DAY 21st century offensive coordinator AND actually let the OC have total control of the offense. Keep Phil Parker in control of the defense, that to me makes the most sense. It would be nice if that OC has QB coaching experience. However, I think we all know we're peeing in the wind. I thought I heard a few weeks ago on Voice of the Hawkeye Storm that Brian last offseason was looking for another job. If true, Brian is feeling the heat, and if true I think if he can line up an NFL position coach gig I could see him cruise after the season. Of course, if Brian did split after the season, the problem still exists, KIRK. He will just find some old school pro style OC who is stuck in the 80's, or an OC who will be forced into running ultra conservative plays by Kirk.

Kirk and Brian both need to go. Game passed KF by a long time ago, and I really don’t see how he’s going to get Brian in as head coach after his massive failure as OC. Other than the defense, the program needs an overhaul. Recruiting in the offensive side of the ball, especially at the skill positions is going to take a hit, and wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple guys enter the portal after this season.

I do not want Kirk gone. The problem with Brian right now (I am not getting political) is that no NFL team would touch him with the ongoing litigation. It is time for Barta to step up and do his f-ing job. He is in control of hiring/firing coordinators and he should step up to the plate.
I may be wrong but I thought I had read where KF has complete control in his contract on who he hires and fires as assistants.

Everyone keeps talking about Kirk firing Brian. This all starts and ends w/Kirk. We've had a few years when all the starts align and we have 3 pro's on the offensive line, a really good Qb, above average receivers and running backs and voila, we have a good offense. So easy. It's so ridiculous that's what it takes to make our offense be somewhat successful. I'm not sure any of us really know what Brian wants to run and what he would run if Kirk wasn't the head coach. Look at the pro game today. Half of the teams are now running RPO's on a regular basis. This would have been unheard of 5 years ago. The game evolves. Not us. We have to have a great o line (bullies of the Big Ten) really good receivers, etc to run this complicated scheme. And the head coach is not firing or demoting his son. Quit being ridiculous.

Yeah-THATD-BE-1rlu82.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Kirk needs to pull any strings he can to get Brian back to the league. There is no future for him at Iowa. Barta needs to step in and tell Kirk it's time to leave the offense to someone else.
Can someone with a "member" account go in and tell the donors and such to lean (heavily) on Barta.

If KF doesn't reach 7 wins, that a breach of contract and maybe we could cut ties with little to no severance...

Kirk and Brian both need to go. Game passed KF by a long time ago, and I really don’t see how he’s going to get Brian in as head coach after his massive failure as OC. Other than the defense, the program needs an overhaul. Recruiting in the offensive side of the ball, especially at the skill positions is going to take a hit, and wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple guys enter the portal after this season.

The only part of the game that has passed him by is offense and that happened a long time ago. He's doing great with defense and special teams. If he didn't have such an inflated ego and had some self awareness this would be very fixable. Unfortunately I think he's become a delusional, stubborn old man who would rather let the program suffer rather than acknowledge and address his biggest weakness. I'd love for him to prove us wrong there but I won't hold my breath

Maybe you should enter the portal ?

I may be wrong but I thought I had read where KF has complete control in his contract on who he hires and fires as assistants.
When BF was hired they danced around the nepotism issue, by BF "supposedly" reporting directly to Barta. Of course no sane person actually believes that. I would imagine Barta would have to move BF along, but he's not doing that without KF's approval....

Thor was born a Hawkeye and will go to Valhalla a Hawkeye.
However, watching Waldorf Warrior FB until Kirk The Fossil is gone might be a valid option.

Meh, I don’t think NFL teams would care about that litigation. Most of them would see through that BS.

They would, however, care about his track record of poor performing offenses at Iowa. So yes, I agree he might have trouble landing an NFL job, but based on his performance, not based on litigation.

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at the image of Brian being the guy to squirt water in the mouths of players who can't get their gloves wet.

• Wow
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Meh, I don’t think NFL teams would care about that litigation. Most of them would see through that BS.

They would, however, care about his track record of poor performing offenses at Iowa. So yes, I agree he might have trouble landing an NFL job, but based on his performance, not based on litigation.
Um, Doyle. I'll leave it at that.

Thor was born a Hawkeye and will go to Valhalla a Hawkeye.
However, watching Waldorf Warrior FB until Kirk The Fossil is gone might be a valid option.
Watched NDSU play yesterday, was thinking of going to Iowa game on way home, then remembered NDSU would beat Iowa. Had a LOL the entire ride home listening to the shite show on the radio.

ADVERTISEMENT