ADVERTISEMENT

This Years Schedule

sdvike

HB MVP
Feb 23, 2016
I think the schedule comes out in September some time which is only a couple of months out. Somebody reported we wrestle some every year with border wars and then meet others based on last years standings. It looks like we should get PSU, Ohio St and possibly Michigan based on last years standings.

I think we go to Oregon St for their part of home and away agreement if there is one. Maybe we pick up another west coast team while out there.

Based on our every year meets and the standings:
Home: Iowa St, Nebby, Michigan, Okie St and the Illini/Northwestern weekend.
Away: Minnesota, PSU and Wisky.
***Should have Ohio State based on standings but don't know if that would be home or away.

Tournaments: Hope SS gets some upper echelon teams and with their starters. Otherwise, my take is they should reconsider going back to Midlands the following year (cant believe Im saying this).

Reactions: Inthecircle
Just go back to Midlands. They overestimated how many teams would be interested in their tournament, and now it’s time to go back. It’s better for their wrestlers to get better competition, and for the coaches to see how they do.

Reactions: BGon4ND
Home schedule is looking great. Can’t wait to watch the ISU dual and the OSU dual. Then we also get to watch Michigan and Nebby at carver too, this schedule is much better then last years home schedule.

Reactions: sdvike
Just go back to Midlands. They overestimated how many teams would be interested in their tournament, and now it’s time to go back. It’s better for their wrestlers to get better competition, and for the coaches to see how they do.

I disagree, but not in regards to the competition aspect of it. Iowa is finally hosting a tournament, why give that up?
Not saying that the SS will ever become a juggernaut, but to give up on it after just 2 years seems shortsighted. Plus, It's a very convenient situation for the wrestlers to have a local tournament over the holidays.

Besides, I fear that the big tournaments will continue to decline in participation. It's a copycat league, and the current big dogs don't do the in-season tournament scene anymore. Good chance more schools will follow suit.

Reactions: Aleric1

I don't know that it's true to say they "overestimated." I've never heard anyone say it was going to anything other than an investment, something that was expected to improve year-over-year. It took a step forward from year 1 to year 2. If they can do that again, they will be on to something.

The Midlands has continued it's downward spiral. Only a few Midlands champs placed at the NCAAs this past year--Ragusin (5th), Teemer (2nd), Ruth (7th), and Beard (8th). Not good.

Reactions: sdvike
I don't know that it's true to say they "overestimated." I've never heard anyone say it was going to anything other than an investment, something that was expected to improve year-over-year. It took a step forward from year 1 to year 2. If they can do that again, they will be on to something.

The Midlands has continued it's downward spiral. Only a few Midlands champs placed at the NCAAs this past year--Ragusin (5th), Teemer (2nd), Ruth (7th), and Beard (8th). Not good.
Interesting how their champs turned out but then how did SS champs fare in comparison?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT