ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Fidone to Nebraska

Apr 8, 2003
As expected, TE Thomas Fidone announced his commitment to Nebraska tonight.

His other three finalists were Iowa, LSU, and Michigan.

Who wears the hat of a former player and not the symbol for the team? Gotta imagine if that's the case he's got a MAGA hat in the closet.

Reactions: chuck285
Gets to play for his favorite team as a child. We get to beat on him as a young adult. Win/Win!!

I'm really not understanding why this kid is even discussed on here anymore. It was clear the kid grew up a fan of the Cornvicts and was going there no matter. I thought KF had moved on a long time ago. Our fans need to as well.

I was never impressed by Fidone, looks scrawny and doesn’t seem to fit the mold of an all down tight end. Definitely not a wide out either.

• Haha
Reactions: Oldschool1964
I think most Hawkeye fans have already moved on from Fidone. He would have been a nice get, but we're pretty set at the position for the foreseeable future. I'm more excited at the opportunity to land Mac Markway in the 2023 class; kid looks the part and seems like a text book "Iowa guy."

Reactions: HawkInArk
Congratulations on your next 4 4-7 win seasons Thomas. Maybe you’ll get a chance in the NFL

Nebraska is a below .500 team. There is nothing to envy unless you care about ancient history. I don't anymore than I care about Thomas Fidone.
Obviously, Fidone was swayed by the prospect of turning Nebraska back into a winner (as opposed to helping Iowa win a national championship).

Of course, there could've been a few other external factors at play here as well, but we'll probably never know....

National Brand Name > Iowa

Easy, Killer. You are chest thumping over a layup. Nebraska’s National Brand had nothing to do with this. He grew up as a fan and you landed him. I have three children who have never seen Iowa lose to Nebraska in football.

Congrats on maintaining your local brand and good luck improving the results on the football field.

As expected, TE Thomas Fidone announced his commitment to Nebraska tonight.

His other three finalists were Iowa, LSU, and Michigan.

giphy.gif

National Brand Name > Iowa
How many high school kids in Florida or California do you think can tell you what Nebraska's mascot is without being prepped for it?

Or for that matter, whether or not Nebraska has won a national championship without being prepped for it?

ADVERTISEMENT