ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Fidone to Nebraska

Honestly, who cares as many Iowa fans have stated that’s a position we have a ton of talent .. I would even go to say the best in the country at that position good luck showboat Fidone

I for one was getting fidone fatigue, glad it's over. Now the hawks can thump him on the field...someday maybe

I second that.... I'd rather spend my time and energy focusing on the guys in a Hawk uniform.... whenever we can see them on the field again

Nebraska Media and delusional fans get one thing straight. Findone is going to Nebraska because his family are part of the gbr cult...they cry when Nebraska loses.

He is not going to Nebraska because:

- Frost is a great recruiter ...or even a great coach (chances are he won't get developed to go to NFL)
- Nebraska the better team or program (that ship for Nebraska has sailed years ago)

Logically, if not for the parents big-red addiction that keeps them most likely wearing faded 1994 t-shirts, his other teams IOWA and LSU would be much better choices.

That's a pretty delusional statement for a program that has not only never won a national championship, but never even been in contention for one.
giphy.gif

National championships
Iowa has
been selected national champion in 1921, 1922, 1956, 1958, and 1960 by NCAA-designated major selectors. All of these championships are recognized by the NCAA.
League: NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivi...
Rivalry: Iowa–Wisconsin football rivalry
Venue: Kinnick Stadium

Iowa Hawkeyes football - Wikipedia

By the way, Minnesota has more championships than you do.

National championships
Iowa has
been selected national champion in 1921, 1922, 1956, 1958, and 1960 by NCAA-designated major selectors. All of these championships are recognized by the NCAA.

You guys must be pumped for the 100 year anniversary ceremonies over the next couple of years. I think Nebraska would've won those titles, but we didn't observe prohibition like you good kids.

You guys must be pumped for the 100 year anniversary ceremonies over the next couple of years. (It's not our fault Iowa won a national championship half a century before Nebraska......) I think Nebraska would've won those titles, but we didn't observe prohibition like you good kids.
That's why your state sucks. :cool:

National championships
Iowa has

Two can play that game. In addition to it's 5 REAL National Titles, Nebraska was awarded National Titles in 1915 (Billingsley), 1980 (FACT and Sagarin), 1981 (Berryman), 1982 (Berryman), 1983 (Berryman, DeVold, FACT, Litkenhous, Matthews, Poling, and Sagarin), 1984 (Litkenhous), 1993 (National Championship Foundation). That's 12 titles

Two can play that game. In addition to it's 5 REAL National Titles, Nebraska was awarded National Titles in 1915 (Billingsley), 1980 (FACT and Sagarin), 1981 (Berryman), 1982 (Berryman), 1983 (Berryman, DeVold, FACT, Litkenhous, Matthews, Poling, and Sagarin), 1984 (Litkenhous), 1993 (National Championship Foundation). That's 12 titles
Quality over quantity.

Iowa > Nebraska

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce1981
Nebraska Media and delusional fans get one thing straight. Findone is going to Nebraska because his family are part of the gbr cult...they cry when Nebraska loses.

He is not going to Nebraska because:

- Frost is a great recruiter ...or even a great coach (chances are he won't get developed to go to NFL)
- Nebraska the better team or program (that ship for Nebraska has sailed years ago)

Logically, if not for the parents big-red addiction that keeps them most likely wearing faded 1994 t-shirts, his other teams IOWA and LSU would be much better choices.
Why do Iowa fans always refer to Nebraska not being "relevant" since '94 or '95?? Serious question. Nebraska beat Tennessee in the '98 Orange Bowl for the National Title. Nebraska won the Big 12 championship in '99. Nebraska played for the National Championship in '02 Rose Bowl. Yes, Nebraska fell off national championship relevance in the past 17 years, but played in 4 conference championship games in '06, '09, '10, and '12. One of those games they outgained OU, but lost the turnover battle. Then, they lost to Texas and OU by four combined pts in '09 and '10. Nebraska beat the likes of Michigan, Clemson, Georgia in bowls during those years as well. If those years make Nebraska irrelevant, than what has Iowa been?

Pelini won 9 or 10 every year for his 7 years, and dominated Iowa, but was a douche. It was only Riley starting in '15 that sunk us to irrelevance and to the point we are now with a soft scheme and culture and astounding player turnover (grats, you beat him three times, who didn't?). Frost inherited a train wreck with no NFL talent and is building from the foundation, yet still barely lost to Ferentz the Great and his established program. Amazing that you Hawk fans have convinced yourself that Nebraska has outright sucked since the mid-90's and we have no chance to ever recover. Frost is only 2 years in. Look at Ferentz's first 2 years.

Kid used his heart to pick and not his head. Nothing wrong with that, but he could be competing for a starting spot at LSU right now. Better coaching, better exposure, better facilities, better competition, better chance to get to the next level.

And that's not a direct knock on Nebraska. LSU is one of the 5 best programs in CFB right now (the other 4 are Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia).

Reactions: OKCRockHawk
😂🤣😅 He is a football player not a wrestler!
Try to win a conference championship before mentioning something that has never in Iowa history been done!
And Nebraska hasn't won a conference title THIS CENTURY. Must be weird having an entire team where none of the players were even alive when that happened.

By the way, Michigan's 1997 National Champion banner is nicer than yours.

Well, it looks like Sinbad can say one thing Nebby can't.....he's still alive!

Why do Iowa fans always refer to Nebraska not being "relevant" since '94 or '95?? Serious question. Nebraska beat Tennessee in the '98 Orange Bowl for the National Title. Nebraska won the Big 12 championship in '99. Nebraska played for the National Championship in '02 Rose Bowl. Yes, Nebraska fell off national championship relevance in the past 17 years, but played in 4 conference championship games in '06, '09, '10, and '12. One of those games they outgained OU, but lost the turnover battle. Then, they lost to Texas and OU by four combined pts in '09 and '10. Nebraska beat the likes of Michigan, Clemson, Georgia in bowls during those years as well. If those years make Nebraska irrelevant, than what has Iowa been?

Pelini won 9 or 10 every year for his 7 years, and dominated Iowa, but was a douche. It was only Riley starting in '15 that sunk us to irrelevance and to the point we are now with a soft scheme and culture and astounding player turnover (grats, you beat him three times, who didn't?). Frost inherited a train wreck with no NFL talent and is building from the foundation, yet still barely lost to Ferentz the Great and his established program. Amazing that you Hawk fans have convinced yourself that Nebraska has outright sucked since the mid-90's and we have no chance to ever recover. Frost is only 2 years in. Look at Ferentz's first 2 years.

This is the most intelligent post I've read in defense of Nebraska in...probably ever.

I do, however, disagree that Frost inherited a bare cupboard. Riley consistently had Top 20 recruiting classes. Nebraska's problem has been the OL and a poor defense. Why, I don't know, and since I don't follow Nebraska closely you could obviously tell me better than I could guess, but recruiting rankings weren't certainly the reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT