ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Fidone to Nebraska

Easy, Killer. You are chest thumping over a layup. Nebraska’s National Brand had nothing to do with this. He grew up as a fan and you landed him. I have three children who have never seen Iowa lose to Nebraska in football.

Congrats on maintaining your local brand and good luck improving the results on the football field.
Congrats on the sects

Explain how Iowa was better prior to the Riley/Eichorst dissaster. Ferentz was 1-6 vs Solich and Pelini.
Ferentz has had poor records against Iowa State, Northwestern and others before as well......didn't mean they didn't have the better team/program over the course of his tenure.

In-game results are not everything.

If they were.......then 2017 Iowa > 2017 Ohio State.

Okay, scratch that. Because Iowa > everyone always...........therefore 2017 Iowa > 2017 Ohio State. :cool:

Easy, Killer. You are chest thumping over a layup. Nebraska’s National Brand had nothing to do with this. He grew up as a fan and you landed him. I have three children who have never seen Iowa lose to Nebraska in football.

Congrats on maintaining your local brand and good luck improving the results on the football field.
How great for your kids! I'm sure being kids they also have no concept of the fact that it took a handful of your very best teams to beat a handful of the very worst teams in our programs history. Celebrate it & I hope you enjoyed it!

You might get us one more time cuz we're a pretty young team but this chapter is coming to an end sooner rather than later.

This is the most intelligent post I've read in defense of Nebraska in...probably ever.

I do, however, disagree that Frost inherited a bare cupboard. Riley consistently had Top 20 recruiting classes. Nebraska's problem has been the OL and a poor defense. Why, I don't know, and since I don't follow Nebraska closely you could obviously tell me better than I could guess, but recruiting rankings weren't certainly the reason.
Most of those flashy California 4-stars that gave us better recruiting rankings left when Riley left and Frost came in cause they got put to work. And yes, Riley really layed an egg on trenches recruitment.

N has had like 5 or 6 players drafted since '17. Iowa has had 19-20 in that same time period. Frost hasn't had the requisite time to recruit and develop "his" players yet.

Ha the 3 players that could’ve went to South Dakota and still be playing in the NFL.
Your argument is no matter where they went to school they'd be in the NFL and Kittle would still be a top 10 player in the NFL? So then why has Nebraska's drafted players kind of fell off in the last so many years? Aren't you guys recruiting players who could have went to William and Mary and still made it to the NFL? I can't get over how dumb this post was.... but yeah you're a Nebraska fan.

Nebraska fans = Afraid to admit that Iowa has REAL National Titles in football :cool:

So we are counting UCF’s NCAA recognized National Title meaning our coach has won one and your’s hasn’t.

Either way, there are real title and opinion pieces. Iowa has a good program and has had consistency. Nebraska has good facilities and support but the leadership went downhill. It’s back up there and Frost is building the Ferentz way through development instead of quick fixes.

We’ll have some great battles in years to come.

So we are counting UCF’s NCAA recognized National Title meaning our coach has won one and your’s hasn’t.

Either way, there are real title and opinion pieces. Iowa has a good program and has had consistency. Nebraska has good facilities and support but the leadership went downhill. It’s back up there and Frost is buildinug the Ferentz way through development instead of quick fixes.

All of the ones pre-playoffs were nothing but beauty contests, anyway. Nebraska claims 1997, but so does Michigan. It was widely discussed at the time that Tom Osbourne was given the 1994 one because he had never won one, and undefeated Joe Pa had.

Mythical National Championships, every one.

All of the ones pre-playoffs were nothing but beauty contests, anyway. Nebraska claims 1997, but so does Michigan. It was widely discussed at the time that Tom Osbourne was given the 1994 one because he had never won one, and undefeated Joe Pa had.

The consistency there is B1G TEN. Those idiots were too busy holding the rose bowl in such high esteem that it was costing them chances at a 1v2 game.

Beauty contests or whatever you would like to call it. Those were the markers of a truly elite season then, the play-off and the title are markers of the elite teams now. Doesn’t take away from anyone who won a title still. Time, however, does. The records are still there, but with time it’s less impressive.

I would not trade those champions runs away just to say avoid having an eventual 0-5 stretch against a rival. There is an ebb and flow to it all so I’m glad we capitalized while we could and I look forward to when we get our stuff together.

So we are counting UCF’s NCAA recognized National Title (I do because f*** Alabama.......) meaning our coach has won one and your’s hasn’t. (I mean.....if you're "that" desperate, but I don't think Alabama fans claim the title Saban won at LSU, so.................)

Either way, there are real title(s) and opinion pieces. (You mean like the AP and Coaches titles prior to the BCS?) Iowa has a good program (Thank you!) and has had consistency. Nebraska has good facilities (I don't care.) and support but the leadership went downhill. It’s back up there (Lulz.....) and Frost is building the Ferentz way (Also, lulz......way too much trash talking and circling of the Iowa game to think he's following Mark Dantonio's claim of doing things the "Iowa Way" when he first came to MSU. Frost wants to establish Nebraska in his own image, and it's taking longer than he wants because your program and fanbase are busy getting what you deserve.........and that's the truth, not just my opinion. :)) through development instead of quick fixes.

As long as your entire fanbase learns your lesson, then maybe you'll even get to win some of those great battles in the not-so-near future........;)

K. So Osborne wasn't "given" his natty because his undefeated team wore Miami down on their home field and dominated the 4th quarter against Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Kenny Holmes, Kennard Lang, Rohan Marley, etc.?

Reactions: 0317Marine
How many high school kids in Florida or California do you think can tell you what Nebraska's mascot is without being prepped for it?

Or for that matter, whether or not Nebraska has won a national championship without being prepped for it?
I’ve seen five in my lifetime. And I haven’t reached 60. All 5 were glorious.

So none that a high school kid is aware of unless they're told about it.

Not yet 60 - so you're what, 58-59? You could be their grandfather. Crazy grandpa with his days of walking 15 miles uphill to go to school and stories of Tommie Frazier.

But it's all about that "N" on the chest, kids know that today 😆

Last edited:
The only people who think Nebraska is a national brand are Nebraska fans.
potcXEh.png

I don't know why all of you guys keep arguing.... it's going to be a moot point anyways in two years when Fidone transfers to Kansas

Pipe dream
Go back and look at the recruiting stats from the last few years and get back to me. Probably no team in the country has had more 4* transfers than the Huskers.

Apparently they're being sold on tradition. Regardless, once they get to campus, they're having an epiphany.

Fidone is different, tho. He grew up a fan and probably feels he owes it to his dad to go to Lincoln. Too bad.

So none that a high school kid is aware of unless they're told about it.

Not yet 60 - so you're what, 58-59? You could be their grandfather. Crazy grandpa with his days of walking 15 miles uphill to go to school and stories of Tommie Frazier.

But it's all about that "N" on the chest, kids know that today 😆
Hell you could live to be a thousand and you still wouldn't witness Iowa win a National Football Title.

Anyone born later then 1997 can live 1000 years and will never see Nebraska win a natty. What are you trying to prove?

True to form, the Husker faithful are on here to be the champions of the offseason yet again. Funny how conspicuously absent they become after Thanksgiving.

Never in the history of college football has a fan base of a "blue blood" gone to such extraordinary lengths to prove their national relevance to a fan base of a non-blue blood that has never staked claim to being one. It's quite amusing their insatiable need to conduct a dick-measuring contest every chance they get with little ol' Iowa.

As has been proven time and time again, Nebraska fans are pathetic and need to get a life. Coming to an Iowa board to thump their chests over a verbal commitment from a young man who grew up a Nebraska fan might be the zenith of insecurity and stupidity. GBR. 💪

Anyone born later then 1997 can live 1000 years and will never see Nebraska win a natty. What are you trying to prove?
All I care about is that I was born in 1959 and witnessed and thoroughly enjoyed 5 National Championship seasons...that's enough for 5 lifetimes.

All I care about is that I was born in 1959 and witnessed and thoroughly enjoyed 5 National Championship seasons...that's enough for 5 lifetimes.
Yup, that a story for the grandkids. Make sure you show them pics or they probably won't believe you, though.

Wow, people STOP FEEDING THE ****ING TROLLS. this is not nebraska.rivals. We are not the tools they are, let DIE>

Let's just put this to rest. Fidone went to Nebraska because he is a Husker fan. It may have been a location/proximity decision. It may be have been because their coach is more hip/cool/woke. But It wasn't a business decision. It wasn't an academic decision. It wasn't because Nebraska football has been anything above mediocrity in his lifetime.

How great for your kids! I'm sure being kids they also have no concept of the fact that it took a handful of your very best teams to beat a handful of the very worst teams in our programs history. Celebrate it & I hope you enjoyed it!

You might get us one more time cuz we're a pretty young team but this chapter is coming to an end sooner rather than later.
Why would "this chapter" ever need to end for Iowa over Nebraska. Nebraska's storied history means nothing in the future. We'll see how Frosty and his pansy offense does in the Big 10; results so far are not favorable.

Just think...young adults in Nebraska have not and never will see another Nebraska national championship by the time they are 60 years old. Now THAT is GLORIOUS.

1. Playing football for money is apparently not a goal for Fidone.

2. Nebraska and Iowa have the same chance of winning a NC going forward. IE; none.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT