ADVERTISEMENT

Those who stay...Will become Champions... that's what they say at Michigan

Michigan used to be a blue blood program. Now it's just an ok program with historical helmets that we beat nearly every time we play them, located in a state with shitty schools, shitty economy, shitty water, shitty pretty much everything. The North's version of a washed up SEC program basically.

Iowa and Michigan have been even since 1979, or at least it seems that way. We match up very well with them and I haven't been scared of them for a very long time (until last year and we beat them anyway).

All championships go through Columbus...where tOSU has won 14 of the past 15 meetings...don't book those tickets too early, Jimbo!!

Reactions: Hawkcop
I'm sure the overall Iowa vs michigan football record is very lopsided towards the Wolverine way but we've beat them and beat them down the last ten years. Not gonna bash the state or talk about the water in Flint or economics and crime in Detroit. Michigan has some very nice places just like Iowa and some bad places just like Iowa.. BUT in football we've had thier Maze and blue number!!

And, Iowa and UM last won the B1G in '04. Iowa has a Division title tho.

You telling me Iowa and michigan haven't been evenly matched over the years since Hayden came in? Every year has been a toss-up or so it seems.

If we are talking strictly head-to-head, then outside of the 1990s, you are correct.

If we are talking on a national stage, then no, not even close.

Let's be honest. There was a time in my early life I considered it inconceivable that Iowa would EVER beat Michigan. And in the grand scheme of things considering since Hayden Fry came to town, 11-16-1 probably chaps UM fans of the same age as I - like wearing barb wire jeans.

I'd like to take a gander at what every other B10 team outside OSU's record from the original B10 stacks up to that record. Maybe MSU, maybe UW...but UW didn't get going until the 90's, and MSU is roughly on par with Iowa overall during that period.

Some quickie reading, might be off a game or two...

Wisconsin - 7-19
MSU - 13-25
Illinois - 5-22-2
Minnesota - 3-29
Indiana - 1-29
Purdue - 6-21
NW - 4-23

Throw out MSU and OSU, their two biggest rivals in the conference, I'd say Iowa probably is the best of the rest against them.

See you in 2019.

Close. 10-14-1... We haven't played them much lately. I miss the old days where we played everybody almost every year. Hope the conference doesn't get any bigger.
For years, until the conference slate was expanded around the time Hayden coached or maybe Commings,, Iowa hardly ever played Michigan. The great Howard Jones played Michigan once.

For years, until the conference slate was expanded around the time Hayden coached or maybe Commings,, Iowa hardly ever played Michigan. The great Howard Jones played Michigan once.

Interesting. I never knew that. Well before my time I guess.

Let's be honest. There was a time in my early life I considered it inconceivable that Iowa would EVER beat Michigan. And in the grand scheme of things considering since Hayden Fry came to town, 11-16-1 probably chaps UM fans of the same age as I - like wearing barb wire jeans.

I'd like to take a gander at what every other B10 team outside OSU's record from the original B10 stacks up to that record. Maybe MSU, maybe UW...but UW didn't get going until the 90's, and MSU is roughly on par with Iowa overall during that period.

Some quickie reading, might be off a game or two...

Wisconsin - 7-19
MSU - 13-25
Illinois - 5-22-2
Minnesota - 3-29
Indiana - 1-29
Purdue - 6-21
NW - 4-23

Throw out MSU and OSU, their two biggest rivals in the conference, I'd say Iowa probably is the best of the rest against them.

See you in 2019.
I guess that would be best besides OSU then, because 11-16, is way better then 13-25. Obviously we've narrowed that gap a lot in the last decade. I believe 5-1 agaisnt Blue in the last 6 meetings.

Well we gotta a lot of gap to close but we are treading in the right direction against michigan 15-41 all time. Damn looks like there were some nasty runs of L's in the past way before my time. 40's 50's 60's 70's they weren't to kind to us. Then In the 90's when I really started watching they had us too.. but it still looks like we handled them better than most in the big 10

Close. 10-14-1... We haven't played them much lately. I miss the old days where we played everybody almost every year. Hope the conference doesn't get any bigger.

Yeah, I conceded the head-to-head match up. I thought at the time he meant in general, as far as overall success in rankings, bowl games, etc.

Iowa's definitely had Michigan's number head to head as of late. But if we gloat too much, then we run the risk of sounding like Iowa State fans.

Michigan football > Iowa football; Iowa football > Iowa State football

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Definitely like ISU fans. Michigan finished top 10 this year. And Iowas season(save one win against Michigan), was not good. 8-5 and another blowout bowl loss isn't a good reason to beat ur chest. By the way, the RRod and Hoke Michigan teams lost to everyone...as for the slogan, it's the mantra of the University. Leaders and Best

Those who stay will lose to Ohio State four years in a row
OSU is pretty good though, don't u think? How's Iowas record against the Bucks? Be grateful they've been off the schedule...Urban has lost maybe 2 Big Ten games ever?

Definitely like ISU fans. Michigan finished top 10 this year. And Iowas season(save one win against Michigan), was not good. 8-5 and another blowout bowl loss isn't a good reason to beat ur chest. By the way, the RRod and Hoke Michigan teams lost to everyone...as for the slogan, it's the mantra of the University. Leaders and Best

cool story coming from the non Iowa fan lurking around an Iowa board in February.

OSU is pretty good though, don't u think? How's Iowas record against the Bucks? Be grateful they've been off the schedule...Urban has lost maybe 2 Big Ten games ever?
Your two posts clash. In the first post you won't give Iowa credit because "everyone" beat RR and Hoke. Then your next post, you bash Iowa when "no one" beats OSU.

Big difference between Iowa talking about beating Michigan as of late and ISU fans beating Iowa now and then. Iowa usually wins more than just that game.

There's been very little difference since the turn of the century. I believe Iowa even owns a slightly better Big 10 record.

Your two posts clash. In the first post you won't give Iowa credit because "everyone" beat RR and Hoke. Then your next post, you bash Iowa when "no one" beats OSU.

Big difference between Iowa talking about beating Michigan as of late and ISU fans beating Iowa now and then. Iowa usually wins more than just that game.
Did u have a better team than Michigan this season?

Michigan used to be a blue blood program. Now it's just an ok program with historical helmets that we beat nearly every time we play them, located in a state with shitty schools, shitty economy, shitty water, shitty pretty much everything. The North's version of a washed up SEC program basically.
Well...your jealousy is unbecoming. The University of Michigan is still a Blue Blood program. As for the "shitty schools"...The U of M happens to be superior to the University of Iowa by every measure.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
You didn't answer my question...And now you know what its like to be a Cyclone fan, beating your chest over a big upset.
Wrong on all counts there spoke. First, you didn't answer my question either, Does who win the games not matter? You know, SCOREBOARD. Second, comparing Iowa to ISU just shows your ignorance. And third, its getting hard to call it an upset when Iowa has beaten Michigan almost every time they've played them in the last decade. Maybe if Harbough starts winning some of these, they'll call it a rivalry! As to your question, you can run around and say "Were a better team then you", but if you don't win the game, then its all pretty moot don't you think? You fans for the maize and blue are starting to sound like Nebraska fans...........

Wrong on all counts there spoke. First, you didn't answer my question either, Does who win the games not matter? You know, SCOREBOARD. Second, comparing Iowa to ISU just shows your ignorance. And third, its getting hard to call it an upset when Iowa has beaten Michigan almost every time they've played them in the last decade. Maybe if Harbough starts winning some of these, they'll call it a rivalry! As to your question, you can run around and say "Were a better team then you", but if you don't win the game, then its all pretty moot don't you think? You fans for the maize and blue are starting to sound like Nebraska fans...........
Iowa fan saying neb and mich are alike, now that's a compliment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT