ADVERTISEMENT

Thought I was gonna be a goner (Covid)

TailgateTom

HR Heisman
Oct 7, 2003
Long last couple days. Got a call from the ex wife last night saying our daughter had a fever of 102°, runny nose, congested. This morning her fever dropped to 99°, and they scheduled a video appointment. Doc thought with her symptoms, she needed to be tested, so my 6 year old got the nasal swab at 2 today. Here’s where it gets interesting. I told the Ex the safe play was for our daughter to remain with her until we got results back, and longer of it was positive. She didn’t want her. Told me that “she really was missing me, and asking to see me. Plus she didn’t want to mess up her routine” (she was scheduled to go with me tonight anyway). Wtf. So, I decided I didn’t want to expose my family and could safely quarantine with her in my parents basement without exposing them. So me, with my congenital heart and lung defects, Jumps into the lions den and takes my possibly covid infected daughter to my folks house. Both of us masked up. Her fever went away, so I was encouraged by that. She slept most of the night. At 10:30 got the results back that she was negative. She did so well with it all and never complained, I was so proud of her. Very brave little girl. I’m so relieved that she isn’t sick and that I wasn’t going to catch the dead, at least not now. I’m pretty amped up still. Anyway CSB.

Long last couple days. Got a call from the ex wife last night saying our daughter had a fever of 102°, runny nose, congested. This morning her fever dropped to 99°, and they scheduled a video appointment. Doc thought with her symptoms, she needed to be tested, so my 6 year old got the nasal swab at 2 today. Here’s where it gets interesting. I told the Ex the safe play was for our daughter to remain with her until we got results back, and longer of it was positive. She didn’t want her. Told me that “she really was missing me, and asking to see me. Plus she didn’t want to mess up her routine” (she was scheduled to go with me tonight anyway). Wtf. So, I decided I didn’t want to expose my family and could safely quarantine with her in my parents basement without exposing them. So me, with my congenital heart and lung defects, Jumps into the lions den and takes my possibly covid infected daughter to my folks house. Both of us masked up. Her fever went away, so I was encouraged by that. She slept most of the night. At 10:30 got the results back that she was negative. She did so well with it all and never complained, I was so proud of her. Very brave little girl. I’m so relieved that she isn’t sick and that I wasn’t going to catch the dead, at least not now. I’m pretty amped up still. Anyway CSB.
don't forget that just because she tested negative for covid doesn't mean she is totally fine.

She likely just has a cold that needs to run its course, but it could also be a number of other things going on. If it was an ear infection, strep throat, sinus infection etc she might need antibiotics. Keep an eye on her to make sure she gets better.

It frustrates me that I have seen so many people get a negative covid test then think everything is fine. I have a friend's boy who had Lyme disease and the doctors blew it off because he was covid negative. Lyme is something you have to treat in the acute phase or it will turn chronic and have lifelong effects. I have also read that ruptured appendix rates have gone up for kids due to people not getting normal care. A kid can die within 24 hours if an appendix ruptures without appropriate care.

Sorry but it sounds like you both acted irresponsibly - ex tried to kill you then you tried to kill the grandparents.
EDIT - But maybe your parents are not that old in which case I would be incorrect in my assumption.

Last edited:
I will never in my life understand a mother who wants to dump her sick kid. Especially a 6 year old! Happy she doesn’t have Covid and hope she’s better soon. Thank you for taking care of her. Poor baby.
That’s exactly what my wife said! She was appalled. Knowing the woman, it’s not surprising, unfortunately.

Reactions: 3boysmom
don't forget that just because she tested negative for covid doesn't mean she is totally fine.

She likely just has a cold that needs to run its course, but it could also be a number of other things going on. If it was an ear infection, strep throat, sinus infection etc she might need antibiotics. Keep an eye on her to make sure she gets better.

It frustrates me that I have seen so many people get a negative covid test then think everything is fine. I have a friend's boy who had Lyme disease and the doctors blew it off because he was covid negative. Lyme is something you have to treat in the acute phase or it will turn chronic and have lifelong effects. I have also read that ruptured appendix rates have gone up for kids due to people not getting normal care. A kid can die within 24 hours if an appendix ruptures without appropriate care.
Agree completely, my wife who is a nurse, said the same Thankfully this morning she’s still fever free and for the most pet symptom free.

Reactions: Hawk_82

We are supposed to get results for our 4-year old daughter this afternoon or tomorrow morning. She was having some stomach/diarrhea issues over the past nine days off and on. We called her doctor and doc said that it can be a symptom of a mild case of Covid. If she tests positive, wife (no pic) and I will get tested and we'll all be quarantining. Good lord.

Reactions: TailgateTom
There’s one in the “Post a picture of Yourself” thread from about a decade ago. If you find it, be cognizant of the fact that since I divorced her in 2017 she’s put on about a hundy. Best part is I’ve lost 65!

no there’s not

Reactions: Jan Itor
We are supposed to get results for our 4-year old daughter this afternoon or tomorrow morning. She was having some stomach/diarrhea issues over the past nine days off and on. We called her doctor and doc said that it can be a symptom of a mild case of Covid. If she tests positive, wife (no pic) and I will get tested and we'll all be quarantining. Good lord.
Good luck man. The waiting game is the worst.

Reactions: jasonrann
Good luck man. The waiting game is the worst.

Her birthday was in late March so there was no birthday party. We were planning a pool party this weekend for her and a few friends. My sister (no pic) and niece are planning to come down. Everything is on hold until we get the results. We're also supposed to be taking a short family trip to Tennessee next weekend. Oh well, this stuff never happens at a great time I guess.

Her birthday was in late March so there was no birthday party. We were planning a pool party this weekend for her and a few friends. My sister (no pic) and niece are planning to come down. Everything is on hold until we get the results. We're also supposed to be taking a short family trip to Tennessee next weekend. Oh well, this stuff never happens at a great time I guess.
Ugggggh. Damn man that’s tough. I am a March birthday too, so I can sympathize. Though after 37 of them, not having to go out and celebrate was pretty great : ) I sincerely hope everything works out for you guys.

Ugggggh. Damn man that’s tough. I am a March birthday too, so I can sympathize. Though after 37 of them, not having to go out and celebrate was pretty great : ) I sincerely hope everything works out for you guys.

Thanks, man. I think we know what happened. We were at the Ozarks weekend before last and she swam every day for at least 90 minutes. She swallowed plenty of lake water and god only knows what parasites/bacteria is living in that swill. She has been diarrhea free the past couple days so I'm hoping that was it.

Did they run any fecal samples or anything? If she swallowed lake water, there's all sorts of bacteria, crypto, whatever stuff that could be causing problems. I hope it's not. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Reading this I can understand why your ex wife is your ex wife,... unbelievable.
Among many things, yes...this is an absolutely clear example of how she operates. Just need to sprinkle in a few lies and dishonesty, along with a touch of verbal abuse and you’ll have it!

Did they run any fecal samples or anything? If she swallowed lake water, there's all sorts of bacteria, crypto, whatever stuff that could be causing problems. I hope it's not. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Thanks, @Wendy79 . They didn't do any fecal samples at this point. If the Covid test comes back negative, I think we have a pretty good handle on what the issue was. She has been diarrhea free the past couple days.

Thanks, @Wendy79 . She has been diarrhea free the past couple days.
ssrco,classic_tee,womens,101010:01c5ca27c6,front_alt,square_product,600x600.u4.jpg

more-than-a-tummy-ache.jpg

Good luck. I bet it's just the nasty lake water.

ADVERTISEMENT