ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after rewatching the game

Illinois won 34-10 at Wisconsin. Illinois may have the best rb in the Big Ten, one of the top 2 or 3 for sure. Illini D is legit. To win this game, Hawkeyes had to take advantage of what few scoring opportunities they had, but didn't.

I liked the QB sneak. We were tied then and our O line has a tendency to give up negative plays. A safety could have won the game for them. I believe we started inside the two a couple of times.
no shit--and if you watch any football at all a lot of teams will sneak it out to gain some room and not have to hand it off in the end zone---a lot of these negative comments I am reading show me a lot of people who really do not watch much football--college or pro...

I rewatched the game I have people that depend on me to give them a point spread. I don’t think I can give an accurate point spread vs Ohio state after rewatching that game.
The Oline is so bad that on a lot of plays it looks like they have quit blocking for Petras. In order to force Kirk to bring another quarterback in. I know this can’t be true. But this Oline is beyond bad.

Petras took a beating yesterday. Kirk needs to get this line fixed before Petras who is to slow to dodge the rush gets seriously hurt. Or bring in a more nimble quarterback before Petras gets seriously hurt.
Or right after…

Of course you do not like PPF who have extensive knowledge of football as that is their job. Padilla was not as effective as Petras so let us look at facts.

2021 final stats
SP quarterback rating 117.8 AP 99.1
SP completion percentage 56.6 AP 49.1
SP yards per attempt 6.5 AP 5.7

The Nebraska game last year Padilla sacked twice for minus 10 yards in the first half. Pertas not sacked in the second half and was superior in all the above categories. In the first half we score 6 points with AP, in the second half with SP we score 22.

Let’s look at the sacks taken for Petras and the sacks avoided by Padilla with throw aways. Now factor those into the ever important completion rate. What do you get? *Besides not losing 8 yards on the sack.

You also know on the season that Petras was sacked at a higher rate than Padilla right?

As for the Nebraska game: AP had two FGs and an overturned TD pass.

Petras had two FGs, a TD drive that consisted of six plays ALL RUNs, a special teams TD, and a SAFETY which you credit to Petras. Our fans 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: SCKCtb93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT