ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts On New Scholarship Limits

I doubt many schools (maybe none) will provide full rides for 30 wrestlers and I don’t like the 30-person limit. There are less and less incentives for schools to offer sports for student athletes other than football and basketball.

While I’m ranting, the professional nature of “amateur” sports is why I don’t like pro’s in the Olympics: basketball, tennis, golf, hockey, etc…why waste time for sports that already generate billions annually and already have multiple world championship opportunities?

My understanding of Friday’s agreed to $2.78 billion antitrust settlement; the current NCAA scholarship limit(s) will be replaced by Roster Caps. The framework for these Roster Caps has yet to be worked out, pending final court approval of the settlement/lawsuit against the NCAA. See attached link.

In actual fact the entire payout structure for (athletes) collecting damages is still in process, as are elements of compliance and regulatory control. I my view, the issue in this settlement most problematic is that of third-party payments (boosters) to NCAA athletes. The NCAA’s management of this issue will be most interesting and exceedingly difficult.

A seismic change in NCAA athletics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/26/...e_code=1.-U0.1r9S.NjdFO_b6MYv7&smid=url-share

Reactions: AFHawk86
I doubt many schools (maybe none) will provide full rides for 30 wrestlers and I don’t like the 30-person limit

I am sure that Iowa will hit the 30 scholarship limit in both sports rather quickly. It will make Iowa even stronger in women’s wrestling.

There are plenty of kids that just can’t afford to go out of state. For example Bella Mir was only able to afford to go to Iowa with Dana Whites assistance…not everyone is friends with Dana White.

Reactions: AFHawk86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT