ADVERTISEMENT

thoughts on the Mazda cx-30?

Tenacious E

HB Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Looking to get a good used car for my daughter as she starts out driving and in life. She's small so I thought something sitting up higher would be good. Standard AWD is a plus for Iowa winters. It is a subcompact suv so that is good for her as well for maneuverability, and she will not have many space needs for a few years. Seems to be well reviewed, as well as safe.

Looking to get a good used car for my daughter as she starts out driving and in life. She's small so I thought something sitting up higher would be good. Standard AWD is a plus for Iowa winters. It is a subcompact suv so that is good for her as well for maneuverability, and she will not have many space needs for a few years. Seems to be well reviewed, as well as safe.

I would say to get the turbo but for your young daughter probably not. Very fun to drive.

I drove my Mazda for 12 years with zero repairs...I realize I struck the lucky gold pot at the end of the rainbow, but I was quite pleased. That said, I've asked several mechanics around town and they are unanimous; Toyota or Honda for a reliable used car for your kiddo. I bought my oldest an Accord and my middle child a Corolla.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Familiar with the CX-5s… great vehicles. Never a mechanical issue and Mazda is so far above Honda and Toyota for interior quality it’s nuts.

I’ll probably get one of those hybrid CX-90s at some point.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Nah, what can go wrong with the 2.5 L turbo? 250 horsepower w 320 lb-ft of torque makes for a unique driving experience, especially in a youngster.
This will be a long term car for her, but yeah, don't need her being tempted. On the other hand, she isn't exactly a risk taker so I'm not too worried about her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT