ADVERTISEMENT

Threatening Letter Left at Ames Mosque

gusto79

HR Legend
Sep 11, 2002
AMES, Ia. - Authorities are investigating a letter left at an Ames mosque that contained anti-Muslim messages and threats.
Officers responded around 4 p.m. Thursday to a report that the note had been left on the door of Darul Arqum Islamic Center in Ames, Ames Police Department spokesman Jason Tuttle said Friday.
According to a news release from the Iowa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, "To all (expletive) Muslims" was written on the envelope. Inside, a note read: "We will burn all of you; leave our country; we hate you."
B9316416309Z.1_20150227213752_000_GSEA33GOH.1-0.jpg

Link

Originally posted by IMCC965:
Who cares? Nothing to see here.
Yes. Nobody ever graduates up from angry letters to violence.

Could it be a scam or a publicity stunt? Yes. People fake stuff like this. But, to pretend it's of no interest and ignore it would be silly. I'm glad IMCC isn't in the Ames PD.

Originally posted by lucas80:

Could it be a scam or a publicity stunt? Yes. People fake stuff like this. But, to pretend it's of no interest and ignore it would be silly. I'm glad IMCC isn't in the Ames PD.
Most likely a hoax trying to garner sympathy. Again, who cares? Muslims getting threatened…..about time. Now they know what it feels like.

Most likely a hoax trying to garner sympathy. Again, who cares? Muslims getting threatened…..about time. Now they know what it feels like.
Do you take the same approach every time a threatening note is left out where you work? BAU. A threatening note. Stupid slob corrections officers deserved it.

I really hope they find the author and he's a conservative!

Originally posted by Pepperman:

I hope the find the author, regardless of his/her politics.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:

+1

Originally posted by CarolinaHawkeye:

+1
It's more of a note than a letter, don't you think? And can you "author" a note?

Looks like a terroristic threat to me. In case you don't know, that's an illegal act and in this case it could be a felony.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Looks like a terroristic threat to me. In case you don't know, that's an illegal act and in this case it could be a felony.
false. Threats against Ames are not crimes, I believe that is Iowa law.

I'm waiting for Berries to publicly condemn it.

Originally posted by ANYCHawk:

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

false. Threats against Ames are not crimes, I believe that is Iowa law.
Ah, I see. I am sure the people of Iowa have it correct.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CarolinaHawkeye:

+1
It is most probably the work od some stupid drunk college kid, maybe a high school kid. But you have to treat it seriously, because what if it's not?

+1, I really hope they catch the scumbag who did this. At worst a terrorist. At best an idiot who could use some time in jail to reflect on his (or her) idiocy.

Why do you hope it's a conservative? Will you have a party if it is? High-5 all your buddies? What a strange post.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think the Iowa Muslims should load up with assault rifles and show up in the Iowa capital while the legislature is in session to prove that they share our values.

I think the Iowa Muslims should load up with assault rifles and show up in the Iowa capital while the legislature is in session to prove that they share our values.

LoL!

You do realize that AR doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle, correct? It stands for Armalite Rifle, the founders of the rifle. Have you even shot a firearm or taken a hunter/gun safety course before?

LoL!

You do realize that AR doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle, correct? It stands for Armalite Rifle, the founders of the rifle. Have you even shot a firearm or taken a hunter/gun safety course before?
i wonder if its a parody account
he picked an oddball 2015 thread too

LoL!

Fine. Let the Arabs show up with whatever device you fetishize and let’s see how it goes.

They're speaking Albanian. Based on their accents and dialects, they must be from Tropoja. The place is ground zero for scummers. Even the Russians give these guys a wide berth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT