ADVERTISEMENT

Three Great Presidential Quotes in my lifetime......

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
I was born in 1949....The three best quotes I can remember a President make in my lifetime are......

1) "I am not a crook...", Richard Nixon
2) "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman".....William Jefferson Clinton and
#3) "I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her....."

I was born in 1949....The three best quotes I can remember a President make in my lifetime are......

2) "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman".....William Jefferson Clinton and
#3) "I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her....."
Well, first two were by sitting presidents, third by a private citizen

He has about a dozen key phrases he consistently uses. He’s almost like one of those toys where you pull the string and it randomly plays one of the phrases.
6bc557d0-603c-4672-ab82-db5c9b8efc3a_text.gif

That third one has been said about 10 times I think, just with a different name.

How could we forget this classic quote:

Trump said that a year ago he asked former White House physician Ronny Jackson whether there was “some kind of cognitive test” he could take, he said, “Because I’ve been hearing about it. Because I want to shut these people up. They’re fake news. They’re making up stories.’”

Trump went on to explain the test, saying that after several questions, the doctor returned to the list of words, asking Trump to repeat them. “And you go, ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ They say, ‘That’s amazing. How did you do that?’ ‘I do it because I have like a good memory? Because I’m cognitively there.’”

Reactions: VodkaSam

"Will you shut up man!!" President Biden

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Trump said that a year ago he asked former White House physician Ronny Jackson whether there was “some kind of cognitive test” he could take, he said, “Because I’ve been hearing about it. Because I want to shut these people up. They’re fake news. They’re making up stories.’”

Trump went on to explain the test, saying that after several questions, the doctor returned to the list of words, asking Trump to repeat them. “And you go, ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ They say, ‘That’s amazing. How did you do that?’ ‘I do it because I have like a good memory? Because I’m cognitively there.’”
It the same test we old folks get annually at out MediCare physical. Hell, the first time I "took the test" the nurse gave me 3 words and 5 minutes later asked me what the words were....I had no friggin' clue! Now when I go in for my annual MediCare exam, I take a pen....ain't missed a word the last 4 years!

Reactions: mustang_hawk
It the same test we old folks get annually at out MediCare physical. Hell, the first time I "took the test" the nurse gave me 3 words and 5 minutes later asked me what the words were....I had no friggin' clue! Now when I go in for my annual MediCare exam, I take a pen....ain't missed a word the last 4 years!
Oh...and I can draw a clock and put the hands at 1110 hrs. too!

If you think about it, he’s outside sitting in a chair facing the interviewer. Those 5 words were all things either beside or behind the interviewer. A camera, a tv monitor and persons of both sexes. Just another crock of shite that he made up during the interview.

My ex-wife, who is a doctor, asked an elderly patient to remember 4 or 5 words one time and she was to ask the patient to repeat them when she asked again before the appointment was over. She said, though, that SHE forgot to ask the patient to name them before they left her office. 🥴

If you think about it, he’s outside sitting in a chair facing the interviewer. Those 5 words were all things either beside or behind the interviewer. A camera, a tv monitor and persons of both sexes. Just another crock of shite that he made up during the interview.
Just like Keyser Söze!

Gerald Ford has the two best of my lifetime and they’re a thousand miles apart from each other.

1. “A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.”

2. “I watch a lot of baseball on the radio.”

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer
Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
- Ronald Reagan (R) California

Lord Acton said power corrupts. Surely then, if this is true, the more power we give the government the more corrupt it will become. And if we give it the power to confiscate our arms we also give up the ultimate means to combat that corrupt power. In doing so we can only assure that we will eventually be totally subject to it. When dictators come to power, the first thing they do is take away the people's weapons. It makes it so much easier for the secret police to operate, it makes it so much easier to force the will of the ruler upon the ruled.
- Ronald Reagan (R) California

ADVERTISEMENT